Hi

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Sep 25th, '12, 18:03

Hi

by ms. bubblehead » Sep 25th, '12, 18:03

Hi Tea-chatters,

I have occasionally stumbled into in this forum when looking up information, and I finally decided to make an account because there are a couple of tea and pottery questions I am interested to post about about. As for my 'tea background', I am Korean-American, and I am mostly into Korean teas (but I also like to explore others as well). 'Chado' fits very well into my daily life, especially as an extension of my meditation- and cultivation- based path, practicing traditional Korean teachings.

In my understanding, Tea is many things to many people. It is versatile, and has various expressions. For me, Tea is at times a profound and naturalistic way of learning subtle insights, or of emphasizing/practicing certain virtues. But at other times, it is simply pleasant and enjoyable and I am without any need to see the meaning to it. I think there is a way that most people can benefit from tea, regardless of whether they see a deeper reality to it or not. Meditation and cultivation are always beneficial, but I also love the mad tea party from Alice in Wonderland :) "Why yes, I'm quite fond of tea...".

My Favorite teas: Korean Spring Greens, Hwang Balhyocha, and mulberry leaf 'tea'. To go with spicy Korean food, I prefer my childhood-favorite, roasted barley and corn 'tea'. For Chinese teas, I like Lung Jing and Tai Ping Hou Kui. Taiwanese Tung Ting and other 'light' oolongs are great too. And finally, for Japanese teas, I love gyokuro, but fukamushi-sencha is always more fun...

Sep 25th, '12, 21:19

Re: Hi

by debunix » Sep 25th, '12, 21:19

Sounds like you found the right place, and you'll fit right in.

Oct 1st, '12, 12:04
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 1st, '12, 12:04

Hi and welcome to the forum! Hope to see you around the place.

You have some interesting ... interests in teas!

Oct 1st, '12, 16:16

Hi

by debunix » Oct 1st, '12, 16:16

And I'm sure many of us here who have done little more than scratch the surface of Korean Teas will be especially interested in what you have to share!

Oct 1st, '12, 18:20
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 1st, '12, 18:20

+1 :mrgreen:

Oct 14th, '12, 21:26

by MacGuffin » Oct 14th, '12, 21:26

Chip wrote:+1 :mrgreen:
+2. I very much like the Korean greens I've sampled and also have a few joytea cakes from 2008 that I'm allowing to age (and which are smelling really nice). Have you been to MattCha's Blog? He concentrates on Korean teas. And BTW, I also like to make a "bori/oksusucha." :D

+ Post Reply