There's no topic for Hei Cha, and I've a question.

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Sep 27th, '12, 17:09

There's no topic for Hei Cha, and I've a question.

by bryan_drinks_tea » Sep 27th, '12, 17:09

So I purchased about 1 kilogram of the 2005 liu bao from chua last year. I loved the stuff, still do, but my storage for this tea is in my opinion, woeful.

It's being stored in a white paper bag (low paper odor) and it's being sealed together with a clip binder. I'd like to find a better way to store this stuff, as it will be a long time before it's ready to enjoy. I'm thinking a ceramic jar might help. Does anyone have any advice regarding storage of this tea?

Sep 27th, '12, 20:42

Re: There's no topic for Hei Cha, and I've a question.

by MarshalN » Sep 27th, '12, 20:42

Last I checked liubao usually isn't stored in any airtight conditions. Are you worried it'll come out stale?

Sep 27th, '12, 21:54
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Sep 27th, '12, 21:54

It's been stored in a basket for quite a while. :) A non-airtight porcelain pot would be just fine IMO--the hei cha and pu need to breathe. I bought a small amount this week and I just stuck the plastic bag in a paper bag. Even the paper bag and clip you're using is fine as long as you keep it away from strong odors and don't let it dry to a crisp.

Sep 30th, '12, 13:38
Scrolling: scrolling

by Lerxst2112 » Sep 30th, '12, 13:38

bryan_drinks_tea wrote:So I purchased about 1 kilogram of the 2005 liu bao from chua last year. I loved the stuff, still do, but my storage for this tea is in my opinion, woeful.

It's being stored in a white paper bag (low paper odor) and it's being sealed together with a clip binder. I'd like to find a better way to store this stuff, as it will be a long time before it's ready to enjoy. I'm thinking a ceramic jar might help. Does anyone have any advice regarding storage of this tea?
What about just a regular canister like one that would be found in a kitchen set? Should be fairly inexpensive, but still a little more decorative than a bag. Only downside is the largest kitchen canister I've seen is 5lbs.

Oct 1st, '12, 12:44
Vendor Member

by honza » Oct 1st, '12, 12:44

Nice video about processing of liubao tea with good details http://www.cyone.com.cn/cfsp/17050.html

Oct 1st, '12, 15:02
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Oct 1st, '12, 15:02

Thank you for sharing: I was just about to brew some liu'bao when I watched your video. :)

+ Post Reply