Hey from Shanghai

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Sep 7th, '12, 00:02

Hey from Shanghai

by TuoMa » Sep 7th, '12, 00:02

Dear Friends,

I'm very glad i found your forum where we can talk and share our thoughts about tea. I'm french and i share my life with a chinese woman.
Before moving in Shanghai, i came regularly to south China mainly for the last 9 years. Before my first visit, i knew nothing about teas.
My chinese family initiated me to Gongfu Cha, to local teas which were Tie Guanyin and Dancong Cha (a local Wulong from Guangdong Province). Since then, i've traveled a lot, met several chinese tea masters and farmers and tried excellent excellent teas.

I've been lucky enough to taste many excellent teas from Lao Pu Er to Taiping Hou Lui, through Jin Jun Mei and Zhen Shan Xiaozhong.
I love all of them in different ways. But in France i had not many friends to share my passion with.

I'm living in Shanghai now where i'm into import/export. I also opened one year ago an online shop in french to sale teas directly from Chinese producers. I'm not making a living out of it, but i feel glad each time i can share those great teas. I'm not here for spamming nor sale anything, just sharing with you my love for teas. At best, i could ask for some advice as you can learn about tea all life long.

At home, for my personal use, i've got plenty of Tie Guanyin (all kinds of) and Dan Cong, several old Pu Er, a beautiful Taiping Houkui, several Da Hong Pao, a small box of Jin Jun Mei and an altitude tea from Sichuan i guess (though i'm not sure).

Hope we'll share a lot of infos.

Sep 7th, '12, 15:02

Re: Hey from Shanghai

by Poohblah » Sep 7th, '12, 15:02

Welcome! You will find many people here who share your interests :)

Sep 7th, '12, 16:00

by tinols » Sep 7th, '12, 16:00

Welcome to the forum! Lots of knowledgable folks here

Sep 8th, '12, 00:06

by TuoMa » Sep 8th, '12, 00:06

Already been through several very interesting topics. I really am a total newbie in japanese teas for example. Looks like there's real experts buying these teas year after year after year. That's really interesting. Hope to share also my chinese teas degustation comments.

Sep 8th, '12, 00:54
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Sep 8th, '12, 00:54

Welcome to our forum! Glad to have you here, hope to see you around, especially in the Green Tea Forum! :mrgreen:

Sep 8th, '12, 09:05

by TuoMa » Sep 8th, '12, 09:05

Just shared a pic on it (:

Oct 14th, '12, 21:05

by MacGuffin » Oct 14th, '12, 21:05

Welcome! And of if you haven't already, you really ought to get in touch with Stéphane Erler in Taiwan. He's also French and I believe his wife is Taiwanese. He has a wonderful blog and sells some lovely Taiwan teas and teaware. I'm sure you two would find much to talk about and he's a very knowlegeable person from whom to learn!
http://teamasters.blogspot.com/

+ Post Reply