Green tea extract?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Oct 7th, '12, 02:49

Green tea extract?

by mp96 » Oct 7th, '12, 02:49

Hello everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian mates this weekend. I want to ask a question regarding green tea extract please.

Please, what daily brand of green tea extract would the veterans recommend for ultimate health benefits? I am currently drinking about 6-8 cups of loose green tea per day with lemon or lime and courious if i should also try the capsule form for an added boost. Please give me some advice on this topic.

Thanks for your time regarding this,

mp96

Oct 7th, '12, 07:10
Vendor Member

Re: Green tea extract?

by SilentChaos » Oct 7th, '12, 07:10

What sort of health benefits are you getting or hoping to derive exactly? :roll:

Oct 7th, '12, 08:31

by sherubtse » Oct 7th, '12, 08:31

mp96 wrote:Hello everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian mates this weekend. I want to ask a question regarding green tea extract please.

Please, what daily brand of green tea extract would the veterans recommend for ultimate health benefits? I am currently drinking about 6-8 cups of loose green tea per day with lemon or lime and courious if i should also try the capsule form for an added boost. Please give me some advice on this topic.

Thanks for your time regarding this,

mp96
Don't bother with the extract.

Just make sure the green tea you are drinking is good quality stuff, from top-notch vendors. (No Davids Tea, please! :lol: )

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Oct 7th, '12, 11:21

by mp96 » Oct 7th, '12, 11:21

ok, thanks!

Oct 7th, '12, 14:54

by debunix » Oct 7th, '12, 14:54

It's better to drink the tea, eat your fruits & vegetables, than to take the extract, pop the supplement pill, drink the miracle shake mix, etc, etc, etc--whenever someone tries to reduce the benefits of a healthy diet to a single element or few elements that they can recombine profitably into a supplement, many other benefits are lost.

A fresh example from the past week (off topic, but just to support my more general thesis):
For people conscious about their heart health, a new study suggests it may be best to eat fish instead of taking individual omega-3 fatty acids in supplement form.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news ... 29863.html

Drink the tea, enjoy the tea, and get ALL the benefits that way.

Oct 7th, '12, 21:16

by mp96 » Oct 7th, '12, 21:16

To all who kindly posted, thanks! I agree with the responses as well.

Yes, makes total sense to drink and eat healthy than to rely on some vitamin/miracle pill to do it for you.

Thanks again everyone.

mp96

Oct 9th, '12, 10:16

by dchew78 » Oct 9th, '12, 10:16

debunix wrote:It's better to drink the tea, eat your fruits & vegetables, than to take the extract, pop the supplement pill, drink the miracle shake mix, etc, etc, etc--whenever someone tries to reduce the benefits of a healthy diet to a single element or few elements that they can recombine profitably into a supplement, many other benefits are lost.

A fresh example from the past week (off topic, but just to support my more general thesis):
For people conscious about their heart health, a new study suggests it may be best to eat fish instead of taking individual omega-3 fatty acids in supplement form.

+1 Never did like supplements :)

Oct 9th, '12, 10:38
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 9th, '12, 10:38

Anytime I receive a package from Maiko, it includes two free matcha pills as samples, not supplements. I have never taken one. I wish they would give tea instead. :idea: :mrgreen:

But they extend much effort to marketing the matcha pills.

Oct 9th, '12, 13:58
Vendor Member

by SilentChaos » Oct 9th, '12, 13:58

Chip wrote:Anytime I receive a package from Maiko, it includes two free matcha pills as samples, not supplements. I have never taken one. I wish they would give tea instead. :idea: :mrgreen:

About those....anyone try their suggestion of keeping one "in your mouth to enjoy the rich aroma and flavor of green tea" ?. O_o

Oct 10th, '12, 12:10

by mp96 » Oct 10th, '12, 12:10

Hahaha thanks again.

Oct 10th, '12, 12:42
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 10th, '12, 12:42

SilentChaos wrote:
Chip wrote:Anytime I receive a package from Maiko, it includes two free matcha pills as samples, not supplements. I have never taken one. I wish they would give tea instead. :idea: :mrgreen:

About those....anyone try their suggestion of keeping one "in your mouth to enjoy the rich aroma and flavor of green tea" ?. O_o
... sounds ... intense! :shock:

Oct 10th, '12, 21:53

by MarshalN » Oct 10th, '12, 21:53

Can't you just do that with raw tea leaves? Might be more fun

Oct 11th, '12, 09:11

by MacGuffin » Oct 11th, '12, 09:11

debunix wrote:A fresh example from the past week (off topic, but just to support my more general thesis):
I agree and, if supplement one must, bear in mind that "more is more" isn't the way to go. I have a friend who has this philosophy and couldn't figure out why she was losing clumps of hair. Turns out she was exceeding the recommended amount of omega-3 supplements and that this isn't an uncommon side effect. I might also point out that there seem to be data which indicate that the amounts of healthful properties in white tea exceed those of green tea.

Oct 15th, '12, 19:31

by mp96 » Oct 15th, '12, 19:31

/quote]I might also point out that there seem to be data which indicate that the amounts of healthful properties in white tea exceed those of green tea.[/quote]

I actually heard that myself from my research on green tea. I guess most people prefer green tea over white tea is due to the past and ongoing research on green tea. I think as the years go on we will receive some strong answers on this subject, but obviously for now either route we decide to take we are doing pretty good.

Nov 6th, '12, 13:35

by sencha » Nov 6th, '12, 13:35

SilentChaos wrote:

Sounds really shady to advertise/market them like that.

+ Post Reply