Headaches and nightmares from chamomile?

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Sep 9th, '05, 18:52

Headaches and nightmares from chamomile?

by Mina » Sep 9th, '05, 18:52

For the past few nights I've been drinking Egyptian chamomile before bed. For the sleepy-time effects and all. Instead of feeling sleepy, I get a headache. And once I fall asleep, I have nightmares. And I very rarely have nightmares. Are these side effects of chamomile or just a strange coincidence?

Sep 9th, '05, 20:57

Re: Headaches and nightmares from chamomile?

by Ric » Sep 9th, '05, 20:57

Mina wrote:For the past few nights I've been drinking Egyptian chamomile before bed. For the sleepy-time effects and all. Instead of feeling sleepy, I get a headache. And once I fall asleep, I have nightmares. And I very rarely have nightmares. Are these side effects of chamomile or just a strange coincidence?
No, I have never experienced what you have with Chamomile before. It has always helped me sleep. You may be allergic to Chamomile - so I would stop drinking it and find out if you are.

God Bless!
In God's Grace,
Ric

Sep 11th, '05, 02:37

by Mina » Sep 11th, '05, 02:37

Allergic to chamomile? Zoinks. I wouldn't be surprised if I were. I'm allergic to every other flower/plant, it seems. And the small dust-like bits among the chamomile flowers do remind me of pollen. Maybe it's the power of suggestion.

Sep 11th, '05, 17:07

by Ric » Sep 11th, '05, 17:07

Mina wrote:Allergic to chamomile? Zoinks. I wouldn't be surprised if I were. I'm allergic to every other flower/plant, it seems. And the small dust-like bits among the chamomile flowers do remind me of pollen. Maybe it's the power of suggestion.
LOL! "The power of suggestion!" I like that!

Well I hope it's not the case, but if you are having reactions like you stated, I would not use chamomile anymore.
In God's Grace,
Ric

Sep 12th, '05, 02:14

nightshade

by Boogatea.com » Sep 12th, '05, 02:14

Egyptian chamomile may be the problem? There is also common chamomile and even Roman chamomile.

If your looking for a calming tea with chamomile and other relaxing agents try

Booga nightshade

www.Boogatea.com

my site is still in the works but check it out.

These are hand prepared herbal green teas with medicinal grade herbs packaged in a 1oz plus glass-lined gourmet bag.
thanks
Try Booga
Hand prepared Herbal teas
www.boogatea.com
email for free sample
boogatea@gmail.com

Sep 12th, '05, 16:01

by Marlene » Sep 12th, '05, 16:01

Ahem, if you had read the post, you may have noticed that this person is ALERGIC to camomile. A camomile tea is the last thing that she wants.
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Sep 12th, '05, 16:07

by chris » Sep 12th, '05, 16:07

General FYI: Chamomile is in the ragweed family, so if you are allergic to ragweed, Chamomile is not recommended!

Sep 12th, '05, 22:00

by Ric » Sep 12th, '05, 22:00

chris wrote:General FYI: Chamomile is in the ragweed family, so if you are allergic to ragweed, Chamomile is not recommended!
That's good to know!

Down here in Orlando, Florida ragweed kicks my butt every springtime! :evil:
In God's Grace,
Ric

+ Post Reply