Oct 31st, '12, 23:23

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by ImmortaliTEA » Oct 31st, '12, 23:23

needaTEAcher wrote:Immortal: Where did you nab those heini? You seem to have some sort of amazing hook up, always producing pretty little pots!
I appreciate the compliment but these were from a man in my city who imports yixings from Malaysia and he had a set of 10 different sized Hei Ni Shui Pings, of which I bought the 70 ml and the 100 ml. The 60 ml three legged one is from Daniel at thechineseteashop.com.

Nov 1st, '12, 07:45

by David R. » Nov 1st, '12, 07:45

chrl42 wrote:carving done nicely, must be ok one. looks like 90's custom-ordered one.
The add says : "Mid-Late 90's [...] this lot is not the original commissioned from 1970's. A later commissioned lot by The China, Fujian Tea Import & Export Company."
ImmortaliTEA wrote:Beautiful pot David! How long is the pour on this beauty?
Just did the test for you (empty) : about 15 seconds, no leak.
ImmortaliTEA wrote:The tissue paper with the MTR seal is just one of the many things that Tim does to put smiles on our faces and always keep us coming back for more.
This is just amazing !!

Nov 1st, '12, 13:23

by ImmortaliTEA » Nov 1st, '12, 13:23

David R. wrote:
chrl42 wrote:carving done nicely, must be ok one. looks like 90's custom-ordered one.
The add says : "Mid-Late 90's [...] this lot is not the original commissioned from 1970's. A later commissioned lot by The China, Fujian Tea Import & Export Company."
ImmortaliTEA wrote:Beautiful pot David! How long is the pour on this beauty?
Just did the test for you (empty) : about 15 seconds, no leak.
ImmortaliTEA wrote:The tissue paper with the MTR seal is just one of the many things that Tim does to put smiles on our faces and always keep us coming back for more.
This is just amazing !!
Thank you very much for doing that pour test for me. It seems like a wonderful pot with great craftsmanship. I'm personally very curious how the blend of Zi Sha & Qing Shui Ni in that pot handles stronger, darker teas in comparison with either of these clays alone. If you have other teapots made of either of these clays to compare brewing properties it's seems like a good test but if not no worries I'm sure it's one of the best quality pots as Tim always comes through!

Nov 1st, '12, 14:39

by David R. » Nov 1st, '12, 14:39

I am afraid I don't have pots with similar clays. You'd better ask Tim directly for this. I've been giving her different kinds of tea since I received it, and everything seems to work so far. My wish is to pair it with roasted oolong, but if I find better suited category according to my taste, I won't force the issue. Let the pot choose its tea ! :)

Nov 1st, '12, 17:44

by tst » Nov 1st, '12, 17:44

Question regarding that pot (and not intending to ruffle anyone's feathers here).

Can someone comment as to the price? The three yixings offered each increase in size. Is this the reason for the increase in price as well? Is the increasing price due to scarcity? These newest pots are half-handmade, while the smaller, cheaper pots were older clay and completely handmade.

I would assume the older clay would be higher quality. Add in the fact that they are completely handmade and I would assume they should be priced higher.

Can anyone comment on the clay qualities of each of the three pots and the corresponding prices? I am just trying to learn.

Thanks as always.

Nov 2nd, '12, 03:46

by David R. » Nov 2nd, '12, 03:46

On this, I cannot comment I am afraid. I have asked myself the same question, but in my long (everlasting...) search for pots, considering I am an humble European teaware consumer who never goes to HK or China (I have been to the teaware antiques street of Osaka, where everything is soooo expensive) this looked like my best option. I am not into tiny pots I am afraid.

Hope someone will be able to answer you.

Nov 2nd, '12, 13:40

by wyardley » Nov 2nd, '12, 13:40

Nov 2nd, '12, 14:22

by chrl42 » Nov 2nd, '12, 14:22

wyardley wrote:Image
You've got a family :D

Two qing yin pots look very genuine, hongni one to be 70's, zini one to be 80's (it just shines)

Two Bale also good in shape, just lil SP don't look very F1,

just my little opinion :)

Nov 2nd, '12, 14:50
Vendor Member

by TIM » Nov 2nd, '12, 14:50

Love the middle guy! So much personality :) thanks for sharing Will!

Nov 2nd, '12, 15:15

by ImmortaliTEA » Nov 2nd, '12, 15:15

wyardley wrote:Image
I can't remember the last time I was this envious. Lol! Wonderful little family you have there. I hope it's not asking too much but I would love to know the sizes of these? Thanks again!

Nov 2nd, '12, 16:48

by wyardley » Nov 2nd, '12, 16:48

ImmortaliTEA wrote:I hope it's not asking too much but I would love to know the sizes of these? Thanks again!
The two small biaozhun pots (front and right) are "4 cup" size, ~ 70-80 ml, the biaozhun on the left is "6 cup", I think about 110 ml. The big bale / xianpiao is probably 180 ml+, and the smaller one is maybe 110 also.

Charlie, I think you are right on. I am not 100% sure of the provenance of any of them, but the small hongni one (from Sampletea), I'm not totally sure. I will try to post some close-up pics of a few soon.

The zisha one has changed a lot:

Nov 3rd, '12, 00:19

by chrl42 » Nov 3rd, '12, 00:19

It's not possible to talk about 100% assurance of zao-qi or Factory no.1 pots, but still a chance to talk about narrowing down.

1. most of pre-80's (that includes Qing), Zini clays are processed coarsely, and irregularly, relatively big silvery dots are found, this I found to be a result of early smelting process. Different from black dots, which is due to high content of iron or intentional addition of manganese.

2. they are not precisely made, you can often find a gap between lid and body etc..that's because during old time they didn't use molds and during Factory no.1 period (5~90's) they had limited time of making pots..firing condition too is a factor.

3. Factory no.1 pots are high-fired, they were fired in short time but high temp. So it often causes to warp a shape of the pots..prosis fired pots tend to have more refined colors

Nov 3rd, '12, 05:54

by David R. » Nov 3rd, '12, 05:54

Factory 1 orgy ! I love it. I can't remember if I have already shown this one here. Formerly from Nada's collection, now from mine's. :)
Attachments
09.JPG
09.JPG (26.88 KiB) Viewed 2221 times
08.JPG
08.JPG (27.21 KiB) Viewed 2222 times
06.JPG
06.JPG (16.23 KiB) Viewed 2222 times

Nov 4th, '12, 02:10

by chrl42 » Nov 4th, '12, 02:10

David R. wrote:Factory 1 orgy ! I love it. I can't remember if I have already shown this one here. Formerly from Nada's collection, now from mine's. :)
quick scanning looks somewhat vintage, has old Zhaozhuang Zhuni and hand-made feel. Those Bale looking were common during late-Qing to ROC.

But not many people can assure by quick scanning, me neither. Useful on web is looking at their carving..vintage Zhunis have their own carving characteristics.

Those Bale often has '水平' letter inscribed inside the lids, experts might authenticate by those mere two letter (differs by period), but I can't.

There were hand-made and porous to degree..but 8~90's also had many, many imitations that we should not forget.

Nov 4th, '12, 02:21

by chrl42 » Nov 4th, '12, 02:21

Mere carving is somewhat Daoguang(1820~1850, roughly) style..then it's kinda earliest Bale to exist, so time period not met.

Bale often has Dragon-Seal, 孟臣,孟臣惠记, 7-letter/2-line carving, 6-letter seal(荆溪惠孟臣制,墨缘斋景堂制 etc)..but it's just commonly known, authenticating belongs to upper ones than me.

+ Post Reply