Official Pu of the day

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Oct 31st, '12, 16:51

Re: Official Pu of the day

by teaisme » Oct 31st, '12, 16:51

that maidens x was what pushed me away from shou until about 6 months ago, Ed must be more in tune with the old gods then I :mrgreen:

having some nice shou brewed dim sum style, those last cups are always so gooood

Oct 31st, '12, 19:37

by edkrueger » Oct 31st, '12, 19:37

Who says I was having that tea? I remember a lot of stuff going under "maiden's something or other" or "ancient maiden." Claims of being 15 years old and not too great.

Oct 31st, '12, 22:26

by GreenwoodStudio » Oct 31st, '12, 22:26

2008 Yi Wu Bamboo Sheng from Norbu again today. Love this tea! So easy to brew and just keeps going and going. Floral, SWEET and smooth, yum.

The long wait between finishing the wood kiln and waiting for it to cool is almost over. Opening the kiln tomorrow morning :D So, tonight I'll be dreaming of shinos swept over with ash and flame :twisted:

Oct 31st, '12, 22:37
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 31st, '12, 22:37

GreenwoodStudio wrote:2008 Yi Wu Bamboo Sheng from Norbu again today. Love this tea! So easy to brew and just keeps going and going. Floral, SWEET and smooth, yum.

The long wait between finishing the wood kiln and waiting for it to cool is almost over. Opening the kiln tomorrow morning :D So, tonight I'll be dreaming of shinos swept over with ash and flame :twisted:
... I knew I smelled a pottery wood firing somewhere on TeaChat! 8)

Oct 31st, '12, 22:47
Vendor Member

by TwoDog2 » Oct 31st, '12, 22:47

edkrueger wrote:Right now I'm enjoying some pu-erh, it is
[l]ike the ancient, mist-shrouded trees used to produce pu-erh, these leaves have lost all sense of time—infuse them again and again as they continue to emit fantastically dark flavors of the Cedar Forests of the Mesopotamian gods of Gilgamesh and moss-covered igneous rock floor of the abode of Akheloios, the river god of ancient Aitolia.
I brewed this once, but upon steeping, the tea summoned Akheloios to my living room; causing a great flood, destroying my city, and killing thousands of people. I vowed never to brew this mighty tome of the ancients ever again, lest the deities again be woken from their slumber, and visit more death and destruction upon me. This tea is clearly to powerful to be entrusted in the hands of mere mortals.

Nov 1st, '12, 19:40

by Catfur » Nov 1st, '12, 19:40

TwoDog2 wrote:
edkrueger wrote:Right now I'm enjoying some pu-erh, it is
[l]ike the ancient, mist-shrouded trees used to produce pu-erh, these leaves have lost all sense of time—infuse them again and again as they continue to emit fantastically dark flavors of the Cedar Forests of the Mesopotamian gods of Gilgamesh and moss-covered igneous rock floor of the abode of Akheloios, the river god of ancient Aitolia.
I brewed this once, but upon steeping, the tea summoned Akheloios to my living room; causing a great flood, destroying my city, and killing thousands of people. I vowed never to brew this mighty tome of the ancients ever again, lest the deities again be woken from their slumber, and visit more death and destruction upon me. This tea is clearly to powerful to be entrusted in the hands of mere mortals.
You must be doing it wrong, I got Gilgamesh, he was cool, we had an awesome time...

Nov 2nd, '12, 03:03
Vendor Member

by TwoDog2 » Nov 2nd, '12, 03:03

I think it depends on what water you are using. Waters with higher mineral content tend to have friendlier visits from ghosts. I was using bottled water when the river god caused the deluge in question

Nov 2nd, '12, 07:35
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Nov 2nd, '12, 07:35

Revisiting the first pack of loose shu I bought around two months ago. Very wet stored and very pleasant drinking: smooth with a little storage taste, but excellent light bitterness, sweetness and sour plum. This is probably my favorite shu. I'll have to pick up some more.

Nov 2nd, '12, 14:49

by chado.my.teaway » Nov 2nd, '12, 14:49

Wild Yi Wu Qizi Bing Cha Spring 2003 from Stephen...amazing

taste? earth, flowers and citrus...now 15th brew(30sec)

Nov 5th, '12, 00:53
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Nov 5th, '12, 00:53

2005 7542 (Kunming storage) on a bed of very wet stored shu cake fragments with a little aged sheng in the mix. The shu/aged sheng mix is from right across the street and is really nice drinking. They work quite well together IMO.

Nov 5th, '12, 01:47
Vendor Member

by TwoDog2 » Nov 5th, '12, 01:47

jayinhk wrote:2005 7542 (Kunming storage) on a bed of very wet stored shu cake fragments with a little aged sheng in the mix. The shu/aged sheng mix is from right across the street and is really nice drinking. They work quite well together IMO.
Is the 7542 pretty edgy on its own?

Nov 5th, '12, 10:12
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Nov 5th, '12, 10:12

Yes, the shu really mellows it out and it's almost like drinking good wet aged sheng. :)

Nov 5th, '12, 12:58

by 135F2 » Nov 5th, '12, 12:58

chado.my.teaway wrote:Wild Yi Wu Qizi Bing Cha Spring 2003 from Stephen...amazing

taste? earth, flowers and citrus...now 15th brew(30sec)
Incidentally, I just tasted this tea last night and I agree it's good.

Nov 8th, '12, 06:45
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Nov 8th, '12, 06:45

More of the good shu/sheng mix from across the street with three little chrysanthemum buds.

Nov 8th, '12, 15:56
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » Nov 8th, '12, 15:56

I'm currently half-way through the new "Mr. Feng" offerings from EoT. I started on the older end of the spectrum and I am working my way younger; so far, I am surprised at how smooth the teas are. Okay, technically 2007 is 5 years (and approaching 6), but still. The two that I have tried so far seem to be closer to the black tea flavor profile, which I also find interesting, and am also wondering if that's just me. Has anybody else tried these teas yet?

+ Post Reply