Lavender tea?

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Postby Mary R » Mar 23rd, '07, 09:40

I have tried Teavana's white lavender (I think they call it lavender dreams.)

It is awful. Just...awful. And I'm the sort that really likes florals.

I've been playing around with different brew temperatures, steep times, and leaf amounts but I have yet to find a combination that works well for me...but at $15 for 2 oz, you can be certain that I'm going to or die trying!

I don't think it's the lavender's fault, though. The white tea base isn't very good. The leaves are too processed. Many are very broken and the variable size doesn't really help matters. There are no full buds that I can find and very few fragments with the little 'hairs' like you'd find covering Silver Needle leaves or even Adagio's Snowbud. Moreover, all the leaves are tightly curled on themselves, like what you'd find in a medium-quality black. The water just can't get into the leaf with short steeps.
Mary R

Postby tseirPsaduJ » Jan 2nd, '08, 15:43

klemptor wrote:I agree - I'd love for Adagio to offer a loose lavendar.

And maybe they could offer the Osmanthus loose, too! (hint, hint...)

I agree. To both. I have been buying Revolution's lavender earl grey (teapot pyramid bags as someone else mentioned), it is hard to find in my city, and when I buy tea online, I like to buy alot at once as shipping is expensive in my area, but am not tempted much by anything on their site other than their tropical green tea.
So anyway anything lavender would do, I love lavender. If they carry a loose lavender I could blend it with the Earl Grey myself or other herbs. And also..the Osmanthus..I wanted to buy some of that, but it is ONLY in teabags and buying in the teabags is not only more expensive, but I am just not a tea bag person anymore. They actually feel like more of a hassle than loose tea.
tseirPsaduJ

Postby Mary R » Jan 6th, '08, 02:00

There are only two 'teas' that I exclusively brew in bags: osmanthus and chamomile. After struggling to clean a mesh brew basket for 15 minutes, I vowed never again. (Gaiwan-methods are a little neater, but a bit of a pain for long-steeping herbals.)
Mary R

Postby Daughteroftheki... » Jan 11th, '08, 22:14

Since Adagio hasn't started selling lavender yet, I'll go ahead and share that I buy mine from a little family farm in central Illinois www.lavendercreekfarm.com .

My first order didn't last very long, so I thought surely a pound would be good. After all, I was using it to make my favorite blend for friends that Christmas.
Great price, but oh my gosh -- buying a pound of lavender flowers is like buying a pound of feathers! They took a big paper grocery bag, filled it a good 4-5 inches with the flowers (my kitchen smelled SO good once it was opened). I was filling baggies and tins, gave away little baggies of lavender flowers to friends.
Pretty funny, but I'm addicted now and may just have order later this year anyway.[/url]
Daughteroftheki...

Postby skywarrior » Jan 13th, '08, 02:33

Lavender tea? Hmm. We have an organic supplier here in Montana. I use the lavender to keep my office fresh smelling.
skywarrior

Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions