Mighty Leaf Mocha Pu-erh


One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Mighty Leaf Mocha Pu-erh

Postby yukondoit » Jan 2nd, '08, 15:02

Anyone who likes pu-erh and chocolate might want to try Mighty Leaf's mocha pu-erh. I bought my boyfriend the chocolate truffle set for Christmas, and the pu-erh is the best one. Great flavor and awesome combination.

http://www.mightyleaf.com/product.aspx? ... egoryID=61
User avatar
yukondoit
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Dec 2nd, '0
Location: Hunter, NY

Chocopuerh

Postby hop_goblin » Jan 2nd, '08, 15:49

Very interesting! I have tried various flavored puerhs but never chocolate. Althought this may stand to reason as Puerh, epecially cooked puerh can have a chocolate palate and or nuances. Thanks!
User avatar
hop_goblin
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: May 22nd, '
Location: Trapped inside a bamboo tong!

Postby yukondoit » Jan 2nd, '08, 15:51

Yeah, I actually am not a huge fan of chocolate tea. This has a very dry chocolate taste, it is so good with the pu-erh. I can't even believe it. It's very, very nice, like a lovely glass of dark red wine :lol:

BTW sweet blog. You've been linked on mine since I started.
User avatar
yukondoit
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Dec 2nd, '0
Location: Hunter, NY

Postby hop_goblin » Jan 2nd, '08, 16:10

yukondoit wrote:Yeah, I actually am not a huge fan of chocolate tea. This has a very dry chocolate taste, it is so good with the pu-erh. I can't even believe it. It's very, very nice, like a lovely glass of dark red wine :lol:

BTW sweet blog. You've been linked on mine since I started.



Sounds delicious. The only flavored puerh that I have taste thus far which was simply impalatable was rose and puerh. Gross!

Thank you for you comment about my blog. Yes, please link, I will do the same!
User avatar
hop_goblin
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: May 22nd, '
Location: Trapped inside a bamboo tong!

Postby yukondoit » Jan 2nd, '08, 16:33

I would love to find some really interesting pu-erh. Not many places seem to have any flavors or infusions...it's confusing to a newbie, like oolong sometimes is. Any suggestions for some good stuff? I actually love pu-erh, just don't have much experience buying it.
User avatar
yukondoit
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Dec 2nd, '0
Location: Hunter, NY

Postby hop_goblin » Jan 2nd, '08, 16:37

yukondoit wrote:I would love to find some really interesting pu-erh. Not many places seem to have any flavors or infusions...it's confusing to a newbie, like oolong sometimes is. Any suggestions for some good stuff? I actually love pu-erh, just don't have much experience buying it.


Well, I would certainly recommed tasting "dry stored" Puerh samples. You can find reasonably priced samples of some nice slightly aged stuff at

http://www.houdeasianart.com under the tea sample section. For the most part all of the teas are nice. However, I particularly like the 1996 Orange on Orange and 200 Brick Cheng Guang-He Tang.
User avatar
hop_goblin
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: May 22nd, '
Location: Trapped inside a bamboo tong!

Postby yukondoit » Jan 2nd, '08, 16:41

Cool! In the mean time, try the Mocha Pu-erh! I would be more than happy to mail you a sample or something, as I have a ton of it. Most people are weirded out by the idea of trading tea, though.
User avatar
yukondoit
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Dec 2nd, '0
Location: Hunter, NY

Postby hop_goblin » Jan 2nd, '08, 16:43

yukondoit wrote:Cool! In the mean time, try the Mocha Pu-erh! I would be more than happy to mail you a sample or something, as I have a ton of it. Most people are weirded out by the idea of trading tea, though.


Not me .. Weird about trading teas. Well, I guess in this day and age one has to be cautious. However, these chaps are all nice guys who trade teas on a regular basis. I usually feeds nibblets to my fish to test it first! haha Kidding!

Sure I will take a sample.

I will PM you my addy
User avatar
hop_goblin
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: May 22nd, '
Location: Trapped inside a bamboo tong!

Postby yukondoit » Jan 2nd, '08, 16:45

Sweeet. Anything else you like? I have some Oolong Mango Flowers I can't stand, some dragonwell that i won't be using...etc. I'm happy to off-load stuff that is good but not to my liking.
User avatar
yukondoit
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Dec 2nd, '0
Location: Hunter, NY

Postby hop_goblin » Jan 2nd, '08, 16:47

yukondoit wrote:Sweeet. Anything else you like? I have some Oolong Mango Flowers I can't stand, some dragonwell that i won't be using...etc. I'm happy to off-load stuff that is good but not to my liking.


Send whatever you want! :D
User avatar
hop_goblin
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: May 22nd, '
Location: Trapped inside a bamboo tong!

Postby yukondoit » Jan 2nd, '08, 17:48

Sweet! Send over your address!

Also, did you say Rose Pu-erh was gross? I just got some in the mail today -- Casanova, from Serendipitea.

http://www.serendipitea.com/Details.asp ... ductID=609
User avatar
yukondoit
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Dec 2nd, '0
Location: Hunter, NY

Postby hop_goblin » Jan 2nd, '08, 17:53

Yes, I was mailed a sample which I found quite insiped! I generally shy away from flavored puerh as I believe flavored puerhs are inferior teas which are made somewhat palatable by extracts and such. Besides.. Puerh is delicious alone! :o
User avatar
hop_goblin
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: May 22nd, '
Location: Trapped inside a bamboo tong!

Postby yukondoit » Jan 2nd, '08, 18:02

I think I requested a sample of this because I love rose. I was curious. Maybe it sucks. I'm going to review it probably tomorrow or Friday, so we'll see!
User avatar
yukondoit
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Dec 2nd, '0
Location: Hunter, NY

Postby hop_goblin » Jan 2nd, '08, 18:47

yukondoit wrote:I think I requested a sample of this because I love rose. I was curious. Maybe it sucks. I'm going to review it probably tomorrow or Friday, so we'll see!


Just remember Yukon, it doesn't matter a hoot if I don't like it. It only matters if you like it. In fact, I hope you do. Sometimes I actually get p**ed off if i get my hopes up for a particular tea and then fall flat of my face because it was not what I expected. I can't wait to read your review! :)
User avatar
hop_goblin
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: May 22nd, '
Location: Trapped inside a bamboo tong!


Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation