Oolongs from theFormosa.com: yea or nay?

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Oct 28th, '11, 17:07

Re: Oolongs from theFormosa.com: yea or nay?

by wh&yel-apprentice » Oct 28th, '11, 17:07

lkj23 wrote:4 samples bought.

First try: Spring 2011 Da Yu Ling Oolong Tea------->average, very little bitterness and little floral fragance. A lot of better DA yu ling in this price range
very high mtn grown oolong are supposed to have little bitterness, regarded as a positive attribute, no?

So other than this single, limited (didn't state any brewing particulars) tasting note; no other TC members have tried these teas???

Oct 28th, '11, 17:44

by rhondabee » Oct 28th, '11, 17:44

I have looked at their website a few times, but haven't tried. I would be curious to know how their tea is, since they are a Taiwan vendor & claim to be tea farmers.

Nov 8th, '12, 15:15

by Maxwell2079 » Nov 8th, '12, 15:15

4 samples bought.

First try: Spring 2011 Da Yu Ling Oolong Tea------->average, very little bitterness and little floral fragance. A lot of better DA yu ling in this price range

Hi, can you recommend an online vendor with a better DYL than tea masters please? I have only tried 2 DYL. The one you tried and one from Houde.

What other samples have you bought from Teamasters?

Nov 9th, '12, 06:17

by Tead Off » Nov 9th, '12, 06:17

Maxwell2079 wrote:
4 samples bought.

Hi, can you recommend an online vendor with a better DYL than tea masters please? I have only tried 2 DYL. The one you tried and one from Houde.

What other samples have you bought from Teamasters?
You can try teafromtaiwan.com and T-oolongtea.com and teahome.com
All have good Da Yu Ling which I have no problem saying it is my preferred Taiwan oolong. Wu Ling and Lishan teas are also very good but the quality will ultimately be determined by the farm and elevation and of course how good the teamaster is that oversees the processing.

Long Feng Xia which is an area within the Shan Lin Xi range is also of high quality.

Nov 9th, '12, 11:54

by Maxwell2079 » Nov 9th, '12, 11:54

All have good Da Yu Ling which I have no problem saying it is my preferred Taiwan oolong. Wu Ling and Lishan teas are also very good but the quality will ultimately be determined by the farm and elevation and of course how good the teamaster is that oversees the processing.

Long Feng Xia which is an area within the Shan Lin Xi range is also of high quality.
Thank you Tead. I will try their tea.

Not sure if teahome ship to Argentina though. Hopefully they will, it seems that they have nice pots too.

Nov 10th, '12, 01:49

by Tead Off » Nov 10th, '12, 01:49

Maxwell2079 wrote:

Thank you Tead. I will try their tea.

Not sure if teahome ship to Argentina though. Hopefully they will, it seems that they have nice pots too.
I find it very difficult to navigate their site. They also have an ebay store. Why should Argentina be a problem to ship to?

Nov 11th, '12, 15:26

by Maxwell2079 » Nov 11th, '12, 15:26

I find it difficult to navigate too!

I am not saying that they won't ship to Argentina. But only that I am not sure if the ship to the west because the site is in Mandarin. I hope the do ship to my country though.

By the way I have just found incidentally this site http://teahome.com.tw/.

Do you know it?

Nov 11th, '12, 21:40

by Tead Off » Nov 11th, '12, 21:40

Maxwell2079 wrote:I find it difficult to navigate too!

I am not saying that they won't ship to Argentina. But only that I am not sure if the ship to the west because the site is in Mandarin. I hope the do ship to my country though.

By the way I have just found incidentally this site http://teahome.com.tw/.

Do you know it?
I don't think this is the same seller.

Nov 13th, '12, 20:38

by bagua7 » Nov 13th, '12, 20:38

Tead Off wrote:Long Feng Xia which is an area within the Shan Lin Xi range is also of high quality.
+1

Hmm, delicious Gaoshan oolong, one of my favourites.

Nov 23rd, '12, 13:07

by dr_cat_md » Nov 23rd, '12, 13:07

wh&yel-apprentice wrote:
lkj23 wrote:4 samples bought.

very high mtn grown oolong are supposed to have little bitterness, regarded as a positive attribute, no?

So other than this single, limited (didn't state any brewing particulars) tasting note; no other TC members have tried these teas???
In Taiwanese tea drinking culture there are two types of bitterness. The first type is a bitterness that is experienced in the mouth - this is bad.

The second type is experienced towards the back of the mouth and in the throat. This bitterness is exclusive to good teas.

+ Post Reply