I have been purchasing a good amount of tea lately from Adagio.com, and have been experimenting with Green, Oolong, Black, Mate, and some herbals.
Some of the tea comes out really well, which I am happy about. But I have been noticing that some of the tea has been tasting the same lately, even though they are different teas. I think it may be because of how I am preparing them. I'm not sure if I should be rinsing them beforehand, or if the temperature of the water is correct.
If I should be rinsing the leaves:
- How long should I rinse them for?
- Does this affect the health benefits of the tea?
- Should it be hot water or cold water?
- Should I do this with all my tea?
In regards to the temperature of the water:
- What is the best way to measure the temperature if you are using a pot for heating the water?
Thanks for reading!
Let me know what you think,