Amazing raw puer! Any one can guess it's age?


One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Amazing raw puer! Any one can guess it's age?

Postby Jing » Nov 23rd, '12, 17:05

Share the pics of the aged puer tea I drink today. This is my first time to drink such an old raw puer tea in my past tea years.
It make me feel amazing and incredible.
It's weird, when I drinking this tea today, the taste and aroma make me feel a little bit sad, and my friend has the similar feeling with me...
Anyone can guess, how old it is? And any more guesses about it?


.jpg
dry tea leaves
.jpg (38.89 KiB) Viewed 1393 times

3水.jpg
the third round
3水.jpg (56.29 KiB) Viewed 1393 times

.jpg
Tea leaves
.jpg (47.85 KiB) Viewed 1393 times
User avatar
Jing
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Nov 17th, '
Location: Boston

Re: Amazing raw puer! Any one can guess it's age?

Postby ImmortaliTEA » Nov 23rd, '12, 19:11

Jing wrote:Share the pics of the aged puer tea I drink today. This is my first time to drink such an old raw puer tea in my past tea years.
It make me feel amazing and incredible.
It's weird, when I drinking this tea today, the taste and aroma make me feel a little bit sad, and my friend has the similar feeling with me...
Anyone can guess, how old it is? And any more guesses about it?


.jpg

3水.jpg

.jpg


Ok now this is my type of tea. To me there is nothing better than a well-aged Sheng puerh with the liquor color being at least this dark. It seems somewhat difficult to tell exactly which type it is but based on the photos, it looks astoundingly similar to the 90's Yiwu Beeng I've grown very fond of lately. It seems to have some frost so I also assume its traditionally stored. I'd say something from between 1985-1995 with traditional storage but I could be wrong!
User avatar
ImmortaliTEA
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Apr 12th, '
Location: Sunrise, FL

Re: Amazing raw puer! Any one can guess it's age?

Postby 135F2 » Nov 23rd, '12, 20:18

Impossible for me to know the particulars from the photos, but my guess is it's something that has been traditionally stored in GZ or HKG...hmmm...1980's?
User avatar
135F2
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Oct 2nd, '1
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Amazing raw puer! Any one can guess it's age?

Postby entropyembrace » Nov 24th, '12, 00:24

pu-erh dante from adagio? :lol:

http://www.adagio.com/black/pu_erh_dant ... c5b36504ca

photos look similar

not that photos really tell you much about the tea...
User avatar
entropyembrace
 
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mar 3rd, '0

Re: Amazing raw puer! Any one can guess it's age?

Postby bagua7 » Nov 24th, '12, 06:24

.
Last edited by bagua7 on Nov 16th, '13, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
bagua7
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Jul 21st, '

Re: Amazing raw puer! Any one can guess it's age?

Postby needaTEAcher » Dec 1st, '12, 20:48

There is a school of thought out there that when one prepares something, food, tea, art, etc., they can infuse part of themselves and their emotional state into the craft. So by this though, tea made with love will make you happy, but if the person making or preparing the tea was sad or some such emotion, it could pass on through the broth. Just an interesting school of thought I have encountered a few times.

Or, maybe, Boston is just really, really cold, and y'all were sad because the warm puerh reminded you of how far away spring is? :lol:
User avatar
needaTEAcher
 
Posts: 505
Joined: Oct 6th, '1
Location: Hong Kong, next China

Re: Amazing raw puer! Any one can guess it's age?

Postby Jing » Dec 5th, '12, 18:55

ImmortaliTEA wrote:
Jing wrote:Share the pics of the aged puer tea I drink today. This is my first time to drink such an old raw puer tea in my past tea years.
It make me feel amazing and incredible.
It's weird, when I drinking this tea today, the taste and aroma make me feel a little bit sad, and my friend has the similar feeling with me...
Anyone can guess, how old it is? And any more guesses about it?


.jpg

3水.jpg

.jpg


Ok now this is my type of tea. To me there is nothing better than a well-aged Sheng puerh with the liquor color being at least this dark. It seems somewhat difficult to tell exactly which type it is but based on the photos, it looks astoundingly similar to the 90's Yiwu Beeng I've grown very fond of lately. It seems to have some frost so I also assume its traditionally stored. I'd say something from between 1985-1995 with traditional storage but I could be wrong!


Agree, I also like this type of well-aged sheng puer tea... the liquid is very thick but feel like silk slide through the tongue and throat , melt in your mouth subtle and naturally and good body feeling. Actually, this one is Yiwu Shuang Qiang Hao in 1940s , it's loose tea... It's hard for me to describe the feeling of drinking this tea exactly, especially by my limited English :D ... It's my first try....
User avatar
Jing
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Nov 17th, '
Location: Boston

Re: Amazing raw puer! Any one can guess it's age?

Postby Jing » Dec 5th, '12, 19:00

needaTEAcher wrote:There is a school of thought out there that when one prepares something, food, tea, art, etc., they can infuse part of themselves and their emotional state into the craft. So by this though, tea made with love will make you happy, but if the person making or preparing the tea was sad or some such emotion, it could pass on through the broth. Just an interesting school of thought I have encountered a few times.

Or, maybe, Boston is just really, really cold, and y'all were sad because the warm puerh reminded you of how far away spring is? :lol:


Actually, I used to drink tea with good mood and right moment, I know my emotion will affect tea taste. It's not fair for them. In my eyes, tea also have life, how you treat with them, how they ll feedback you.
This tea is really precious for me, not only because it's Yiwu Shuangqiang hao loose tea in 1940s, but also a beautiful gift with a story~ drink this kind of tea, it's not only drink the TEA, but drink the time, history and story... :lol: Boston is not that cold until now, but the spring will come back soon~~ :lol:
User avatar
Jing
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Nov 17th, '
Location: Boston

Re: Amazing raw puer! Any one can guess it's age?

Postby Jing » Dec 5th, '12, 19:02

bagua7 wrote:
Jing wrote:It's weird, when I drinking this tea today, the taste and aroma make me feel a little bit sad, and my friend has the similar feeling with me...


I have no idea about the rest, but I can tell you that that feeling (sorrow) is associated with Lung Qi and its mutual relationship with Spleen Qi (Spleen extracts Food Qi (aged puerh tea is very earthy and highly stimulates this organ) and sends it up to the Lungs where it combines with air to form Zong Qi (gathering Qi), which has numerous functions.

Anyway, puerh has just cleared some stagnant emotions in your lungs. This is good. :)


Thank you for providing me those information, I'm learning....
I think except the physical effect, also include some emotional feeling... Tea is great thing..
User avatar
Jing
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Nov 17th, '
Location: Boston

Re: Amazing raw puer! Any one can guess it's age?

Postby Jing » Dec 5th, '12, 19:04

entropyembrace wrote:pu-erh dante from adagio? :lol:

http://www.adagio.com/black/pu_erh_dante.html?SID=8f46b5b3fd6712c33da46ec5b36504ca

photos look similar

not that photos really tell you much about the tea...


Aha.... It's not..... :lol: :lol:
Yes, photo is really not enough to describe a tea... I hope but I can't let your guys taste it.... Have a good day :D
User avatar
Jing
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Nov 17th, '
Location: Boston

Re: Amazing raw puer! Any one can guess it's age?

Postby Jing » Dec 5th, '12, 19:06

135F2 wrote:Impossible for me to know the particulars from the photos, but my guess is it's something that has been traditionally stored in GZ or HKG...hmmm...1980's?



photo is noooooot enough...
But this one should be older than your guess....
Yiwu Shuang Qiang Hao loose tea in 1940s, It's come from Malaysia~
User avatar
Jing
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Nov 17th, '
Location: Boston

Re: Amazing raw puer! Any one can guess it's age?

Postby BioHorn » Dec 5th, '12, 19:43

Thank you for sharing.
User avatar
BioHorn
 
Posts: 526
Joined: May 2nd, '1
Location: Shaker Heights, Ohio USA


Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation