Article & Pics on Darjeelings

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Dec 17th, '12, 18:29

Article & Pics on Darjeelings

by sherubtse » Dec 17th, '12, 18:29

Here is a good article on the Darjeeling tea industry:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/17/world ... ml?hp&_r=1&

And here are some pics to go along with it:

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2012/1 ... ELING.html

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Dec 17th, '12, 22:09
Vendor Member

Re: Article & Pics on Darjeelings

by jayinhk » Dec 17th, '12, 22:09

Thanks for sharing sherub. It was an interesting read. I hope to make it to Nepal and Northern India in the not too distant future, so maybe a trip up to Darjeeling may be in order!

Dec 18th, '12, 00:19

by Tead Off » Dec 18th, '12, 00:19

jayinhk wrote:Thanks for sharing sherub. It was an interesting read. I hope to make it to Nepal and Northern India in the not too distant future, so maybe a trip up to Darjeeling may be in order!
March is a good time to go, just after first flush. Not hot and not too cold. 2200m will bring brisk nights and many hotels have limited heating so choose carefully. A very charming and interesting place. Many Nepali and Tibetan people so the faces you see will be different than the people in the lowlands. Kanchendzonga is magnificent. Lots of nice walks, gompas, and plenty of tea to keep you busy.

Dec 18th, '12, 08:39

by sherubtse » Dec 18th, '12, 08:39

Tead Off wrote:March is a good time to go, just after first flush. Not hot and not too cold. 2200m will bring brisk nights and many hotels have limited heating so choose carefully. A very charming and interesting place. Many Nepali and Tibetan people so the faces you see will be different than the people in the lowlands. Kanchendzonga is magnificent. Lots of nice walks, gompas, and plenty of tea to keep you busy.
Sounds great!

Closet I ever got to Darjeeling was Siliguri, which is not the same. :lol:

Best wishes,
sherubtse

+ Post Reply