Puerh with High Energy

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Dec 12th, '12, 23:00
Vendor Member

Re: Puerh with High Energy

by ethan » Dec 12th, '12, 23:00

Tim,
"Mrs. Calming qi" -- what a phrase! Great.

& even though I know the smell of sandalwood, I cannot imagine describing a taste of sandalwood

Thanks for the post.

Dec 12th, '12, 23:04
Vendor Member

by TIM » Dec 12th, '12, 23:04

Its easy to brew up a piece of natural sandalwood and understand the allure :)

Dec 14th, '12, 18:58

by gasninja » Dec 14th, '12, 18:58

Tim by Liu an bone do you mean Liu an branches or stems?

I have almost pulled the trigger on the 20's Liu an stems that are at sample tea. But was not sure about the potency of the qi in stems. I am less sceptical than I would normally be about a 90 year old tea as I know sample tea is involved in the Malaysian tea market and Auhckw posted about purchasing 20s Liu an stems..

I am still floating from the 60s LLL347 Liu bao I had earlier. I haven't had a cup in about an hr and a half my nose is still tingling and my eyelids are heavy.

Dec 18th, '12, 14:23
Vendor Member

by TIM » Dec 18th, '12, 14:23

gasninja wrote:Tim by Liu an bone do you mean Liu an branches or stems?

I have almost pulled the trigger on the 20's Liu an stems that are at sample tea. But was not sure about the potency of the qi in stems. I am less sceptical than I would normally be about a 90 year old tea as I know sample tea is involved in the Malaysian tea market and Auhckw posted about purchasing 20s Liu an stems..

I am still floating from the 60s LLL347 Liu bao I had earlier. I haven't had a cup in about an hr and a half my nose is still tingling and my eyelids are heavy.

This is the perfect storage. 50-55F / 65% humd. for 50 years.
The oil, aroma, body and qi. All in perfect harmony without losing due to dry or wet storages.

Dec 18th, '12, 14:50
Vendor Member

by TIM » Dec 18th, '12, 14:50

TIM wrote:Image

Chen Yun Hao, pure Guafengzhai 2012 Spring. Extremely high mellow energy. Powerful impairing of thoughts, movement and self... the real deal, no kiddy pool. On 16th brew and its 3rd day.
An extremely impressive production. The amazing Chen Yun Hao Guoyun 2012 Spring tong. High Energy and eye opening 8)

Dec 21st, '12, 11:48

by gasninja » Dec 21st, '12, 11:48

gasninja wrote:.With older tea 20+ years I feel like the finer the leaf grade the more narcotic or sedating the qi. While more coarse leaf grades tend towards a slightly more floating euphoric feeling. Of coarse that is a big generalization and very subjective. It is just something that I have personally noticed.

Today I treated myself to 85 8582. It showed me again the difference in qi between finer and more coarse leaf grades. The qi from this tea while relaxing my body left me mentally alert and focused while still calming. But much different from the heavy eyelid lathargic qi I tend to get from teas that are made up of finer leaf grades.

Dec 21st, '12, 14:24

by JakubT » Dec 21st, '12, 14:24

gasninja wrote:
gasninja wrote:.With older tea 20+ years I feel like the finer the leaf grade the more narcotic or sedating the qi. While more coarse leaf grades tend towards a slightly more floating euphoric feeling. Of coarse that is a big generalization and very subjective. It is just something that I have personally noticed.

Today I treated myself to 85 8582. It showed me again the difference in qi between finer and more coarse leaf grades. The qi from this tea while relaxing my body left me mentally alert and focused while still calming. But much different from the heavy eyelid lathargic qi I tend to get from teas that are made up of finer leaf grades.
Is it the one from Mandarin Tearoom?

Dec 21st, '12, 17:37

by gasninja » Dec 21st, '12, 17:37

Yes

Dec 21st, '12, 19:20

by ImmortaliTEA » Dec 21st, '12, 19:20

JakubT wrote:
gasninja wrote:

Is it the one from Mandarin Tearoom?
Best puerh tea of all time for me hands down. Aged 8582 and Shui Xian (aged or young) are my staples or M.O. if you will. As long as I have some of either of these teas I am happy and especially if I have both. Now I think I understand what you mean between the differences in Qi from finer to larger leaf styles. I personally have to say I prefer the 8582 Qi because it immediately puts me into a state very similar to how I feel after about 45 minutes to an hour of meditation and has my third eye pulsating tremendously. Wow that tea brings back memories!

Dec 22nd, '12, 04:35

by David R. » Dec 22nd, '12, 04:35

TIM wrote:

Chen Yun Hao, pure Guafengzhai 2012 Spring. Extremely high mellow energy. Powerful impairing of thoughts, movement and self... the real deal, no kiddy pool. On 16th brew and its 3rd day.
An extremely impressive production. The amazing Chen Yun Hao Guoyun 2012 Spring tong. High Energy and eye opening 8)
Any chance to see one day such teas in your selection Tim ? I wouldn't know where to get my hands otherwise, unless someone has an idea...

Dec 22nd, '12, 14:54
Vendor Member

by TIM » Dec 22nd, '12, 14:54

David R. wrote:
TIM wrote:

Any chance to see one day such teas in your selection Tim ? I wouldn't know where to get my hands otherwise, unless someone has an idea...
Perhaps in 2 years? I do have them but only privately.

Today on the drunken menu: 80's 7802 / 8542 / 8582. Happy Holidays!

Dec 23rd, '12, 09:31

by gasninja » Dec 23rd, '12, 09:31

TIM wrote:
Wow that a serious line up. Is the 7802 shu?

Dec 23rd, '12, 15:39
Vendor Member

by TIM » Dec 23rd, '12, 15:39

gasninja wrote:
TIM wrote:
Wow that a serious line up. Is the 7802 shu?
Happy Holidays GNinja. They are all Sheung :D

Thanks again to Brandon for the photography and sharing the experience.

Jan 7th, '13, 14:38

by gasninja » Jan 7th, '13, 14:38

1990 cnnp ripe cake from bana tea company. I was truly surprised by the strength of the qi that is in this shu. After two small infusions I am zonked out. I would say this is the strongest qi of any shu that I have had. The taste has a similar characteristic to bana's 80s lotus shu being a little more rich but not carying many of the higher floral flavors that make the lotus shu interesting . I would guess there similarity would be due to a common storage (BTH?)

Tim in your last post are you using your dome in place of a tea boat for longer infusions? If so which do you prefer?

Feb 14th, '13, 01:31
Vendor Member

by TIM » Feb 14th, '13, 01:31

gasninja wrote:1990 cnnp ripe cake from bana tea company. I was truly surprised by the strength of the qi that is in this shu. After two small infusions I am zonked out. I would say this is the strongest qi of any shu that I have had. The taste has a similar characteristic to bana's 80s lotus shu being a little more rich but not carying many of the higher floral flavors that make the lotus shu interesting . I would guess there similarity would be due to a common storage (BTH?)

Tim in your last post are you using your dome in place of a tea boat for longer infusions? If so which do you prefer?
Happy New Year gasninja. That's just some silly holiday decoration :lol: while I was drunk with Brandon.

+ Post Reply