Dec 25th, '12, 03:23

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by ImmortaliTEA » Dec 25th, '12, 03:23

bagua7 wrote:
ImmortaliTEA wrote:I personally believe that sample tea has some of the best Hong Ni for the price of anywhere on the Internet
But are they real Yixing?

Wheel-thrown. Ja!

Besides they state the following:

"Nei Zi Wai Hong" pot is very popular back in the 70's and 80's. During that time, the demand for zhuni is very high but the clay are limited, and zhuni shrink a lot when fired so it is not cost effective. Finally Yixing came out with an idea to make the pot using zini and then grind the zhuni as fine as powder and mix it with water then paint it or dip the pot in it so that the outer part of the zini pot is fully cover with zhuni and then fired. This kind of pot is call "Nei Zi Wai Hong" which looks like zhuni but cheaper than whole piece of zhuni."

I would add to that: And decide to start a production of wheel-thrown pots as a result of having developed a new strategy of cost reduction.

zini + zhu ni + wheel-throwing clearly reflects that new policy.

I wouldn't hold my breath for that sort of quality. $130 for that pot is a rip-off.

kingslam,

Your debut was kind of like this:

Olé!

Why not 200? :mrgreen:
I was referring to the medium fired factory 5 versions only. I believe they have Shui Ping and Xi Shi only in a few sizes sorry i should have been more specific. But the higher fired ones aren't quite to the standard of those great medium fired ones. I did see one or two with the brown yixing color underneath the red clay exterior like that (Nei Zi Wai Hong) on a few high fired ones so I just stick with the Factory 5's from them now. Anyway who cares about the Nei Zi Wai Hong i was referring to their pure clays. However, I'm taking a break from all the Hong Ni for a little anyway and on to my next mission now: finding 80 ml or less genuine Zi Sha & Di Cao Qing and at the same time keep the shapes strictly to the more masculine yang types with short features, wide openings, thick walls, and quick pours.
Last edited by ImmortaliTEA on Dec 25th, '12, 13:19, edited 1 time in total.

Dec 25th, '12, 06:18

by Hannah » Dec 25th, '12, 06:18

Here's a little Mystery Yixing I got for Christmas from my cousin!!

I was amazed, she said she got it from a second hand shop and the lady said she found it somewhere, said it probably wasn't worth much and sold it to her for $10! (she might be right if it turns out to be a fakey, I'm not sure!)

Can anyone help me identify the clay type and possible tea pairings?

And a photo next to (a very dirty) little blue for comparison!

Dec 25th, '12, 08:10
Scrolling: scrolling

by brandon » Dec 25th, '12, 08:10

You struck buried treasure. Nice one :)

Dec 25th, '12, 19:09

by bagua7 » Dec 25th, '12, 19:09

ImmortaliTEA wrote:I was referring to the medium fired factory 5 versions only.
Sure you were. I was just criticising the pot I mentioned. They got a mixed bag of goodies in there, anyway. Some good some no so good.
Hannah wrote:Can anyone help me identify the clay type and possible tea pairings?
If Qing Shui Ni:

Anything but green tea but preferably puerh and red teas; Wuyi and Anxi oolongs. I am not sure about the size but if less than <100mL try Dancong oolongs as my QSN pots love them.

Enjoy your pots!

Dec 26th, '12, 00:26

by Hannah » Dec 26th, '12, 00:26

Looks like its 60ml, Dancong would be lovely! I've just discovered it after ignoring it in favour if TGY all these years and the aroma is addicting... Steeping times are a risky game though which I'm yet to master :/

Dec 26th, '12, 00:53
Vendor Member

by TIM » Dec 26th, '12, 00:53

Hannah wrote:Looks like its 60ml, Dancong would be lovely! I've just discovered it after ignoring it in favour if TGY all these years and the aroma is addicting... Steeping times are a risky game though which I'm yet to master :/
Good size for a high fired TiKwanYin. It might be more forgiving on brewing parameter and you might see a quick changes in the hong ni patina? Happy Brewing :)

Dec 26th, '12, 02:48

by Hannah » Dec 26th, '12, 02:48

Thanks Tim!!! So it might be hong ni then?
I'm lucky since it smells like its never been seasoned!

Dec 26th, '12, 15:23

by Ambrose » Dec 26th, '12, 15:23

Taiwanese tea pot by Mr Lin Kuo Li

Testing with Gaoshan, thickens and deepens the body, places the aftertaste in the throat vs on the tongue.
Attachments
IMG_0759.JPG
IMG_0759.JPG (23.51 KiB) Viewed 2149 times

Dec 26th, '12, 16:13

by Hannah » Dec 26th, '12, 16:13

That's gorgeous Ambrose!!! Love the colour 8)

Dec 26th, '12, 16:42
Vendor Member

by TIM » Dec 26th, '12, 16:42

Ambrose wrote:Taiwanese tea pot by Mr Lin Kuo Li

Testing with Gaoshan, thickens and deepens the body, places the aftertaste in the throat vs on the tongue.
Great! Enjoy!!

Dec 26th, '12, 20:41

by tingjunkie » Dec 26th, '12, 20:41

brandon wrote:You struck buried treasure. Nice one :)
Agreed. Lucky you!

Dec 27th, '12, 00:32

by kingslam » Dec 27th, '12, 00:32

Hannah wrote:Here's a little Mystery Yixing I got for Christmas from my cousin!!

I was amazed, she said she got it from a second hand shop and the lady said she found it somewhere, said it probably wasn't worth much and sold it to her for $10! (she might be right if it turns out to be a fakey, I'm not sure!)

Can anyone help me identify the clay type and possible tea pairings?

And a photo next to (a very dirty) little blue for comparison!
Great deal! Congrat! I think any high fire or rock tea will do. The patina will take quite some time to build up for this clay, but very worthwhile.

Dec 27th, '12, 20:43
Scrolling: scrolling

by the_economist » Dec 27th, '12, 20:43

Picked up this pair of pots recently, 3-4 cup size. Seller marked as heini but looks like zini to me.

Dec 27th, '12, 23:20

by bagua7 » Dec 27th, '12, 23:20

You are right, but they are lovely! What's their size?

Enjoy.

Dec 27th, '12, 23:41

by ImmortaliTEA » Dec 27th, '12, 23:41

the_economist wrote:Picked up this pair of pots recently, 3-4 cup size. Seller marked as heini but looks like zini to me.

No those are definitely good Hei Sha if they are the same 70 ml versions of the ones I have. Very strong rounding and thickens mouthfeel heavily. Can demolish aroma in certain instances but this is avoided through choosing a tea whose major characteristics do not include aroma (such as Ripe Puerh, very old Sheng, aged oolong, or high roasted anything) or just seasoning it heavily and in time it will erase aroma less and less and eventually start to give back to the brews and create something really flavorful & Qi filled!

+ Post Reply