Remembering Ian with a Gift

Forum problem solving, rules, contact information

Dec 30th, '12, 12:22

Remembering Ian with a Gift

by AdamMY » Dec 30th, '12, 12:22

As most have learned by now, several months ago we lost a rather active member of Teachat. Ian (Iannon) could often be found on the chat willing to discuss almost anything with anyone, and it was always an enjoyable experience. Ian's wife knowing his fondness for ceramics, through Chip asked if there was anything we could do to help with creating an urn for Ian.

Chip started this endeavor, by asking himself what he thought Ian would like. Knowing Ian was rather fond of our forum Teaware Artisans he teamed up with one of our Teaware Artisans Bill Perrine, and I was later asked to join in on the process. The Urn is pictured below:

Ian's wife has already received the urn, and had this to say:
I wanted to let you know Ian’s urn arrived safe and sound. It is absolutely perfect. I am thrilled with it. I had a close friend see it and she summed it up perfectly. She said “ If I didn’t know better I would think Ian picked it out himself!” So true!
Thank you so very much for your role in making this happen. I am so very grateful for his friends at teachat. Will you please share with everyone how grateful we are? Could you please share our thanks with Bill Perrine as well. I appreciate so much the time and care he put into creating this work of art to honor Ian’s memory.
Thank you so very much!
The total cost including shipping was $100, and $50 will be paid between Chip and Myself. We are opening up the other $50, to allow other teachat members to contribute if they wish to help in remembering Ian.

Please PM me if you would like to make a donation, with the maximum you are willing to donate. I will wait until January 6th 2013 at 11:59PM Eastern Time (US) to allow people to contact me if they wish to Donate. I will then contact those that wished to donate with the amount they should donate (adjusted down, if we exceed our fund-raising goal). I aim to make it so everyone pays as little as possible but no one pays over their set maximum donation.

I can't imagine how rough this holiday season is on their family. Thank you everyone for your time, and donation if you choose to give.

The original announcement can be found here: http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17742

Jan 1st, '13, 23:02

Re: Remembering Ian with a Gift

by AdamMY » Jan 1st, '13, 23:02

There has been some interest in this so far, but consider this a reminder notice. Also as you can set your max donation, so if all you are willing to donate is five dollars you can do that. Every penny counts, and remember if there is enough support, you will be asked to actually donate less than your set max donation.

Happy New Year everyone!

Jan 1st, '13, 23:32
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 1st, '13, 23:32

This is a great opportunity for anyone who has fond memories of Ian to do a little something to honor those memories. And a great opportunity for TeaChat to give a little something back to our fallen comrade and his family.

Thank you Bill for taking this project to heart and creating a beautiful urn like "Ian picked it out himself!"

Please consider doing what you can to help.

Thank you kindly,
Chip

<tips a cup of sencha for Ian>

Jan 5th, '13, 23:15

by AdamMY » Jan 5th, '13, 23:15

There has been a little bit more interest. This will be open for only 24 more hours.

Remember no donation is too small, so if you are willing to donate to help remember Ian, please be sure to PM me with the maximum you are willing to donate, in the next 24 hours.

Thank you,

Adam.

+ Post Reply