Tea-Tasting Terms

For general/other topics related to tea.

Dec 30th, '12, 06:34

Tea-Tasting Terms

by sherubtse » Dec 30th, '12, 06:34

Here is an interesting graphic of tea-tasting terms from Mountain Tea:

http://www.mountaintea.com/blogs/tea/69 ... avor-wheel

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Dec 30th, '12, 16:21

Re: Tea-Tasting Terms

by Poohblah » Dec 30th, '12, 16:21

Thanks for the link Sherubtse. The image is a little too compressed to read easily, but I think I can make out most of the words. Really you can use these taste descriptors to describe anything, not just tea. But it's nice to see them organized. And it's nice to have common ground when it comes to describing tastes, sometimes reviewers like to reach for the esoteric stuff like "walnut bark" or "elderberry leaves" when it comes to describing tastes.

Dec 30th, '12, 16:26

Re: Tea-Tasting Terms

by AdamMY » Dec 30th, '12, 16:26

It is an interesting graphic, I have seen things like that for other foods and beverages before. They are nice because they can help narrow things down, but for the most the inner most ring or two are often better for descriptors than the outside ones.

For instance how many of us agree with, or can even completely describe accurately the difference between just grass and freshly cut grass? Though when you just view them as a grassy flavor profile, it is far more clear in the persons mind what is being conveyed. I know this goes without saying but this post is completely "in my humble opinion."

+ Post Reply