Jan 2nd, '13, 00:37

tingjunkie: Offer- A couple Yixing pots for sale/trade.

by tingjunkie » Jan 2nd, '13, 00:37

In the spirit of the New Year, I figure it's time to put my Yixing collection on a diet. Out with the old, in with the new. :D These are great quality pots, but I just don't use them enough to justify holding on to them. I can accept PayPal for payment.

Pot #1- PRICE REDUCED! AGAIN! Now $40 + Shipping

Link to LARGE closeup of clay texture... http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7042/7119 ... 686a_k.jpg

Clay: Xiao Hong Ni. Med-high fired.
Size: 190 ml
Age/Year: Most likely 90's? Not sure.
Walls: Thick
Pour: +/- 9 sec. 7 hole flat filter. Barely drips- only when poured hard. Good lid fit.
Source: NYC Chinatown
Tea Pairing: This pot is medium-high fired Xiao Hongni, so pairing options are plenty, and it should handle a wide range of teas well. I was pairing the pot with young sheng puerh, and I found it made the mouthfeel a bit smoother and rounder, it tamed bitterness in the tea a bit without losing much subtlety in the flavors. The thick walls hold heat pretty well too, so I could see using this with roasted oolongs, any puerh, and any red tea too. I love the design and four little feet, but the pot is a little big for my style of tea drinking.

Pot #2 SOLD

Link to large closeup of clay texture... http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8494/8335 ... 8d12_o.jpg

Clay: Zi Ni. Medium Fired.
Size: 170 ml
Age/Year: Most likely 90's? Not sure.
Walls: Thin
Pour: +/- 17 sec. 7 hole flat filter. No drips. Good lid fit. Water stops instantly when lid hole is covered.
Source: Purchased Online, but found at flea market in Nara, Japan.
Tea Pairing: I haven't brewed or tested any tea in this pot yet. I did already clean and prep the pot by boiling it in a couple changes of fresh water though, so it's good to go. [Photos above are from BEFORE the pot was cleaned, so the watermark towards the top, and sand in the spout are both gone.] I did however drink several cups of hot water that had been sitting in the pot for a while (something I do to test the clay for odd tastes, or roughness on the throat) and the pot passed with flying colors. The water tasted clean and refreshing, even after sitting in the pot for almost 24 hours. As can be seen in the photos, the pot has different color grains making up the clay, however the texture is smooth and not sandy. So, it seems to be a very nice quality zi ni.

When I purchased this pot, the volume wasn't listed. I already have a round zi ni pot about the same size so keeping it would sort of be doubling up. My selling price is what I paid for the pot.

Thanks for looking, and let me know if I can answer any questions. Happy New Year! :D
Last edited by tingjunkie on Feb 15th, '13, 01:00, edited 3 times in total.

Jan 2nd, '13, 03:16

Re: tingjunkie: Offer- A couple Yixing pots for sale/trade.

by grimtongue » Jan 2nd, '13, 03:16

PM sent. Interested in the ZiNi.

Jan 2nd, '13, 22:51

by tingjunkie » Jan 2nd, '13, 22:51

Pot # 2 has been sold. Pot #1 still available!

Jan 8th, '13, 18:43

by tingjunkie » Jan 8th, '13, 18:43

Just knocked $10 off the first pot. Now $50 + Shipping.

If it don't sell now, I have no problem keeping it! :mrgreen:

Feb 15th, '13, 01:03

by tingjunkie » Feb 15th, '13, 01:03

Ok. Due to finding a nice antique absinthe spoon I want, I'm reducing the price on the pot again. Now selling for $40 + shipping instead of the original $60 +. I help you get a nice pot for well below market value, you help me hang with the Green Fairy. What a deal! :D

Mar 4th, '13, 02:13

by tingjunkie » Mar 4th, '13, 02:13

Ok. Second pot sold. Please close this out Chip! Thanks!