Mademoiselle Earl Grey

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Mademoiselle Earl Grey

Postby yukondoit » Dec 9th, '07, 08:31

Serendipitea makes a rose earl grey tea -- they also make a lavender, which I have had before. I would LOVE to see adagio carry these flowery earl greys. After all the years of drinking different kinds of tea, earl grey will always be my hands-down favorite...I'd love to see people do more with it.

Any earl grey suggestions, feel free to let me know!
yukondoit

Postby tseirPsaduJ » Jan 2nd, '08, 14:58

hey I agree I'd like to see a lavender earl grey. I have a hard time finding it and would prefer to be able to buy it here all at once with my other teas. I've never tried Rose Earl Grey but I bet that tastes wonderful. Imagining rose with bergamot seems so suiting yet I never thought of it. And I'd really love an all oolong bergamot mix. I think that would be brilliant..but any lavender or rose earl grey will do..and I'd probably buy the biggest bag you have. I can't get enough of it.
tseirPsaduJ

Postby xine » Jan 2nd, '08, 16:06

I am a big fan of flavored earl grey teas...perhaps I can drop a hint to some peeps around here to make something interesting.

At first I thought the subject was Madelaines Earl Grey-which me and my friend just made a week or so ago and they were TASTY.
xine

Postby Mary R » Jan 6th, '08, 02:03

Mmm...I just bought a couple madeleine pans (silicon...I hope they work well!) and have been scrounging for some good recipes for testing purposes. Do you still have your madeleine recipe?
Mary R

Postby tseirPsaduJ » Jan 6th, '08, 09:56

That's what I wondered too. I thought about asking for it, only I don't have a madeleine pan.

I am going to have to make a recipe using granny smith apples and earl grey green. My roommate and I discovered that they compliment eachother rather nicely.
tseirPsaduJ

Postby fencerdenoctum » Jan 6th, '08, 18:48

I guess I'll let the secret out.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Madeleines-II/Detail.aspx

I've tried this recipe and I've used lemon and orange zest and both are delicious.
I must say I don't use the powdered sugar or the chocolate because I like having a lighter taste, and I don't trust myself melting chocolate anymore.

And don't worry about the pan. I use a small muffin pan.

The Tea Sipping Swordsman,
Fencerdenoctum
fencerdenoctum

Postby CynTEAa » Jan 6th, '08, 22:22

Small muffin pan, eh? Printed and filed for later use. Thanks, Fencer! :)
CynTEAa

Postby fencerdenoctum » Jan 7th, '08, 02:25

I promise I'm good for something.

I'm not just another pretty face!

The Tea Sipping Swordsman
Fencerdenoctum
fencerdenoctum

Postby Mary R » Jan 7th, '08, 10:44

Heh, maybe we should start a forum of recipes for our favorite tea accompaniments. Madeleines...scones...fussy wee sandwiches...whatever. It's not really a TeaChef area, but might be interesting.
Mary R

Postby CynTEAa » Jan 7th, '08, 11:08

Yes! That would be great. Could it be under TeaChef as a Tea & Food category or is that stretching it?
CynTEAa

Postby tseirPsaduJ » Jan 7th, '08, 11:17

I like the idea. I have a hard time finding decent things to go with my tea. Too bad we didn't do this earlier or I'd have ideas for a picnic. The weather has been like Spring for the past two days, three counting today...
tseirPsaduJ

Postby Mary R » Jan 7th, '08, 11:26

Hmm...it almost makes more sense to have a "Tea and Food" category with a forum like that, TeaChef, and maybe a forum discussing pairings (which is apparently garnering quite a bit of interest these days). But I don't necessarily want to remove TeaChef from it's spot under "Community." After all, it's an honored forum in that category.

Me thinks there shall be discussion with Xine later (though she'll probably see this thread sometime soon :))
Mary R

Postby CynTEAa » Jan 7th, '08, 13:02

Yes, you are right. The pairings would be great!
CynTEAa

Postby xine » Jan 7th, '08, 13:20

Lets do it! Lordy knows that I love me some tea + food. I think the TeaChef forum won't be disturbed- it's on a bit of a hiatus, and can be dedicated to just the cooking site along, and the winners and their recipes.

Tea and Food can concentrate on outside recipes, outside articles about tea- there will definitely be some cross-posting, but that's to be expected.

I posted the link to the Madeline's I made the other day. check it out now check it check it.
xine

Postby Mary R » Jan 7th, '08, 13:27

Where did you post the link?
Mary R

Next

Instant Messenger

Permissions