What is your favourite Yixing teapot shape?

De Zhong
3%
Duo Qiu
6%
Fang Gu
8%
Han Bian
No votes
Liu Fang
No votes
Li Xing
3%
Qing Quan
No votes
Rou Bian
No votes
Rong Tian
No votes
Shi Piao
5%
Shui Ping/Biao Zhun
40%
Tai Jian
2%
Tseng Lan
No votes
Wen Dan
2%
Xi Shi
31%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 62

Jan 4th, '13, 21:53

Re: Favourite Yixing teapot shape

by tingjunkie » Jan 4th, '13, 21:53

Looks like zisha to me! Nice pot!

Jan 4th, '13, 23:53

by tingjunkie » Jan 4th, '13, 23:53

tingjunkie wrote:Hard to pick just one, so I won't. :lol: The classic Shui Ping is an obvious choice of course. I happen to be a sucker for a nicely proportioned Duo Qiu too.

For some reason I seem to be in the minority on this one, but I really love the old school export to Japan pots like these (no idea what the name of the shape is)...

I just love the simple rustic country charm.
Funny thing happened today... I asked a friend and Yixing collector if he had any 100ml or less pots for sale lately. He emailed me a photo of this 60ml beauty. It's a modern piece made to look like an older Qing Dynasty pot, but to me it looks like a perfect blend of the two shapes I mentioned above- a Duo Qiu mated with an older Japan export! Needless to say I purchased it! :mrgreen: I'll post more photos when I get her. Like I said... simple rustic charm!

Jan 4th, '13, 23:59

by tea_love » Jan 4th, '13, 23:59

the clay looks so nice. I like it. Pls post more pics when you receive it :D

Jan 5th, '13, 00:06

by tea_love » Jan 5th, '13, 00:06

what do you think about this pot, tingjunkie ?

http://store.thechineseteashop.com/Old_ ... 0r-021.htm

Jan 5th, '13, 00:26

by bagua7 » Jan 5th, '13, 00:26

Nice pots guys, keep then coming! :) That pot of yours (Tead Off) has got a nice blue hue...is that the pot or your camera? Very nice, indeed. Besides that shape is one of my favourite non-round Yixing ones.

Personally I'd go for it, the clay looks nice to me and almost identical to tjk's latest purchase.

Jan 5th, '13, 00:47

by tingjunkie » Jan 5th, '13, 00:47

tea_love wrote:what do you think about this pot, tingjunkie ?

Yes, the clay looks similar to the one I just bought, although keep in mind, I haven't seen mine in person yet. 100ml is a great size. My only hesitation is that the pot's firing level is listed as 4/10, and is rather sandy clay. You don't want to spend $90 to find out it's an eraser. Then again, Daniel has a 100% refund policy, so...

I guess you have to decide if the shape and look of the pot is up your alley. :wink:

Jan 5th, '13, 01:10

by tea_love » Jan 5th, '13, 01:10

tingjunkie wrote:

Yes, the clay looks similar to the one I just bought, although keep in mind, I haven't seen mine in person yet. 100ml is a great size. My only hesitation is that the pot's firing level is listed as 4/10, and is rather sandy clay. You don't want to spend $90 to find out it's an eraser. Then again, Daniel has a 100% refund policy, so...

I guess you have to decide if the shape and look of the pot is up your alley. :wink:
Thanks M. I will skip it since the shape is not really my most favorite anyway...
I got my gaiwan today and start drinking some medium roasted TGY from Redblossom. It tastes good and I like the tea's aroma a lot( It smells like caramel to me. Is it even real aroma of TGY ? or maybe I was too excited lol)

Anyways my tea journey seems to start right (or at least not lost) thanks to your kind guidance :P

Jan 5th, '13, 01:30

by Tead Off » Jan 5th, '13, 01:30

bagua7 wrote:Nice pots guys, keep then coming! :) That pot of yours (Tead Off) has got a nice blue hue...is that the pot or your camera? Very nice, indeed. Besides that shape is one of my favourite non-round Yixing ones.

Personally I'd go for it, the clay looks nice to me and almost identical to tjk's latest purchase.
Probably the blue hue is the sky reflecting off the surface of the pot. Not blue at all in person. I use this pot regularly for Puerh.

Jan 5th, '13, 07:58

by David R. » Jan 5th, '13, 07:58

Li Xing/Si Ting too.

Jan 5th, '13, 11:28

by gasninja » Jan 5th, '13, 11:28

brandon wrote:The well proportioned Si Ting is like a dream...
That would have been my choice but it didn't make the list .

Jan 5th, '13, 11:42

by gasninja » Jan 5th, '13, 11:42

bagua7 wrote:

Han Bian
Thanks for putting up a pic of my pot up. It was originally sold at Jing as a Bian Hu. So I don't know who got the name wrong or they are different names for the same shape. The pot is quite a bit darker after having a large amount of Yancha steeped in it. I will have to put some current pics in the show off thread.

Jan 5th, '13, 11:54

by gasninja » Jan 5th, '13, 11:54

Tead Off wrote:Here's my version of Bagua's Tseng Lan shape (well railing).

80's Zisha.
90ml
Tseng Lan form.
Purchased in late 80's in HK.
Can we call it 'true' zisha, both purple and sand?
Actual color a bit darker.
Currently nude without the leash (no photo).
Tseng Lan .jpg
Very nice :D Me likes a lot .

Jan 5th, '13, 15:30

by wyardley » Jan 5th, '13, 15:30

I have this one. I think the material and price are quite good.

The shape is a little awkward to my eye, but for the price, still glad I picked it up.

Jan 5th, '13, 21:16

by ImmortaliTEA » Jan 5th, '13, 21:16

tingjunkie wrote:
tingjunkie wrote:Hard to pick just one, so I won't. :lol: The classic Shui Ping is an obvious choice of course. I happen to be a sucker for a nicely proportioned Duo Qiu too.

For some reason I seem to be in the minority on this one, but I really love the old school export to Japan pots like these (no idea what the name of the shape is)...

I just love the simple rustic country charm.
Funny thing happened today... I asked a friend and Yixing collector if he had any 100ml or less pots for sale lately. He emailed me a photo of this 60ml beauty. It's a modern piece made to look like an older Qing Dynasty pot, but to me it looks like a perfect blend of the two shapes I mentioned above- a Duo Qiu mated with an older Japan export! Needless to say I purchased it! :mrgreen: I'll post more photos when I get her. Like I said... simple rustic charm!

If that's the same 75 ml pot I got then you are a lucky man TJ. I have since been looking for another one because the first one makes such good Yan Cha or any higher roasted oolong for that matter. Pour is very quick and efficient too like a Shi Piao. I listed mine somewhere here but if you say that one is 60 ml it might be different from mine but to me it looks identical. If its the same you will love it. It's certainly in my top 10 favorite pots of mine!

Jan 5th, '13, 23:30

by Tead Off » Jan 5th, '13, 23:30

Tead Off wrote:Here's my version of Bagua's Tseng Lan shape (well railing).

80's Zisha.
90ml
Tseng Lan form.
Purchased in late 80's in HK.
Can we call it 'true' zisha, both purple and sand?
Actual color a bit darker.
Currently nude without the leash (no photo).
Tseng Lan .jpg
Another item about this clay is that it contains tiny silver specks scattered about. You can't really see it in the photo. I remember reading something about these little particles.

+ Post Reply