Canadian joins the "Tea Party" ;)

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jan 8th, '13, 06:38

Canadian joins the "Tea Party" ;)

by Lobie » Jan 8th, '13, 06:38

Hey there everyone!

In case you can't realize I love to make any pun or joke I can. Although, I'm incapable 99% of the time so those few I can throw out I just have to!

Well, I'm sure you all want to get to know me a little better. Or you don't, in either case you don't have a choice anymore (since you are reading this thread, truck on!)

First off, I'm 22 years old from Nova Scotia, Canada.

I am surprisingly a very shy individual, I will not talk to anyone unless I am talked to first in any situation, although, I'm a bit better online it still stands for any "chatting" system.

I'm a University student studying to become a Computer Scientist, well actually I'm doing my distribution now as I have taken every CS course offered at my University!

I hope to become a UX designer once I graduate.

Besides University, I'm a very odd individual, but this is irrelevant past telling you all that I'm odd :)

I am a pretty avid speedcuber, although I'm not "great" I like to imagine that I'm "good" being at around sub-20 seconds. But I suppose it's probably a bit closer to "fair"

You will notice I talk or type in a very ... whatever kind of manner this is.

This is almost everything about me, so how about I tell you a short story (in point form of course!).

I've drank iced tea (Nestea) almost all my life on occasion, or Brisk.

About 3 months ago (thinking tea was icky) I decided I would give a tea a go, so I tried some green tea. I was delighted.

I started slowly drinking more bagged (mostly herbal tisanes) "teas", and tried a few black teas and green teas. I have yet to try one I haven't at least liked.

Then I found myself studying and learning a lot about teas themselves, and I was fascinated by just about everything.

Went to reddit to see if there was a tea board, which of course there was!

Jumped on here (since I like structured forums better).

Finally, I found myself sitting in a tea shop buying loose leaf tea and 2 teapots... Thinking to myself that things certainly escalated quickly (to reference a now-dying meme of course.)

I guess it seems a bit long, but I had to tell my entire life story.

- Lobie

Jan 8th, '13, 08:16
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Canadian joins the "Tea Party" ;)

by Chip » Jan 8th, '13, 08:16

Welcome Lobie to the TeaChat forum! Glad you found us and hope to see you around enjoying your TeaJourney with us.

Have a GREAT TeaDay! :mrgreen:

Jan 8th, '13, 10:08

by sherubtse » Jan 8th, '13, 10:08

Welcome to TeaChat! Nice to see another Canadian around these parts, especially one from "down east".

I'd be interested to learn about the loose leaf teas you have tried thus far, and from whence you procured them.

Thanks.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Jan 8th, '13, 13:12

by Lobie » Jan 8th, '13, 13:12

sherubtse wrote:I'd be interested to learn about the loose leaf teas you have tried thus far, and from whence you procured them.
Ah! Didn't even think about this.

I haven't tried many thus far that are loose leaf, I have 4 loose leaf teas on the way, and 3 at home I have yet to try.

For the ones I have tried:

Pink Flamingo - Herbal Tisane - Davids Teas

I really liked that one, a bit of a sour flavour in my opinion, but still quite excellent.

This morning I had:

Main Squeeze - Mate - Davids Teas as well

It was a bit less flavoured than I had hoped, but I think it may have been the way I steeped it.

I have had a blooming tea which was green and jasmine if I recall correctly. It was quite tasty.

The other teas I have, but have not tried:

Davids Teas:
Kiwi's Big Adventure - Green
Mango Madness - White
Goji Pop - Herbal

and a (yet to ship) order from Teavana:
Sweet Fruit Garden - Herbal
Blueberry Bliss - Rooibos
Spiced Mandarin - Oolong
Samurai Chai - Mate

Jan 8th, '13, 17:15

by AdamMY » Jan 8th, '13, 17:15

Welcome to the forum. Canada is a beautiful country, slightly jealous, although the winters in Michigan I consider bad enough. So grab a blanket, and boil a kettle for some tea, its pirme season to try and keep warm! :lol:

Jan 11th, '13, 08:26

by sherubtse » Jan 11th, '13, 08:26

I don't know where you are located, Lobie, but if you are in the HRM, you might try these tea houses:

http://worldteahouse.ca/

http://www.sawadeeteahouse.com/

If you wish to stick with Davids, then I suggest you also try some of their straight teas, especially the blacks.

If you do venture to new teas, then please let us know about your experiences.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Jan 11th, '13, 13:01

by 135F2 » Jan 11th, '13, 13:01

Welcome! Great to see another Canadian in the house!

Jan 12th, '13, 08:55

by Lobie » Jan 12th, '13, 08:55

sherubtse wrote:I don't know where you are located, Lobie, but if you are in the HRM, you might try these tea houses:

http://worldteahouse.ca/

http://www.sawadeeteahouse.com/

If you wish to stick with Davids, then I suggest you also try some of their straight teas, especially the blacks.

If you do venture to new teas, then please let us know about your experiences.

Best wishes,
sherubtse
Yeah I don't live in Halifax area, but I go there on occasion; I will definitely check out these places.

I've had straight green teas, I'm certainly going to be trying all kinds of other teas as I get money, but for now I'm going with things I know I like ^_^

Davids is the only place around me (and still ~50km away) that I can get to easily.

Thanks to everyone for the greetings as well.

+ Post Reply