Real Yixing?

Discussion on virtually any teaware related item.

Real Yixing?

Postby Tencha » Jan 5th, '13, 22:13

http://www.teavivre.com/xi-shi-yixing-clay-teapot/

Is this real Yixing? If not, would anyone mind recommending a reliable of dealer of authentic Yixing? Having a hard time finding ones I like that are of some quality. Thanks! :D

User avatar Tencha
Posts: 6
Joined: Nov 13, '12
Location: Ancient China

Re: Real Yixing?

Postby tingjunkie » Jan 6th, '13, 01:23

Yep. It's real.

Jing, thechineseteashop, Sample Tea, Hou De, Red Blossom, Dragon Tea House (eBay), Wisdom China (eBay), and some stuff from Zen8Tea (eBay).

...and welcome to the forum. Just having looked over your 5 posts, you are asking a lot of questions that have been answered many times in the past. Try the search feature, it actually works very well! :wink:

User avatar tingjunkie
Posts: 1663
Joined: Jul 08, '09
Location: Maui

Re: Real Yixing?

Postby Tencha » Jan 6th, '13, 09:14

Sorry. I'm just in the wrong places I guess. Haha :lol:

User avatar Tencha
Posts: 6
Joined: Nov 13, '12
Location: Ancient China

Re: Real Yixing?

Postby bagua7 » Jan 6th, '13, 21:32

Yes genuine zisha; that's a lovely Xi Shi. You'll certainly brew good tea in that pot.

User avatar bagua7
Posts: 1387
Joined: Jul 21, '10

Re: Real Yixing?

Postby Exempt » Jan 6th, '13, 23:06

I bought one of these pots a while back for shu puerh. It seems to be seasoning nicely and I generally like it. The only problem is the lid is slightly loose which causes there to be a slight drip when pouring. For the price I would still recommend it.

Exempt
Posts: 403
Joined: Dec 09, '12
Location: Seattle

Re: Real Yixing?

Postby tingjunkie » Jan 7th, '13, 01:01

Tencha wrote:Sorry. I'm just in the wrong places I guess. Haha :lol:


No worries, you'll get the hang of it. :wink: Many forums have crappy search engines, but the one here is pretty good.

User avatar tingjunkie
Posts: 1663
Joined: Jul 08, '09
Location: Maui

Re: Real Yixing?

Postby tea_love » Jan 8th, '13, 00:16

tingjunkie wrote:
Tencha wrote:Sorry. I'm just in the wrong places I guess. Haha :lol:


No worries, you'll get the hang of it. :wink: Many forums have crappy search engines, but the one here is pretty good.

I didnt know until you mention it. Work like a charm.
Thanks ting.

p/s: Think I may have to stalk your posts for knowledge from now :lol:

User avatar tea_love
Posts: 25
Joined: Dec 12, '12
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: Real Yixing?

Postby bagua7 » Jan 8th, '13, 20:42

Exempt wrote:The only problem is the lid is slightly loose which causes there to be a slight drip when pouring.


Don't let such trifle worry you. It is actually quite a common thing. Yixing pots are not electronic devices. :D

User avatar bagua7
Posts: 1387
Joined: Jul 21, '10

Re: Real Yixing?

Postby Exempt » Jan 8th, '13, 21:13

bagua7 wrote:
Exempt wrote:The only problem is the lid is slightly loose which causes there to be a slight drip when pouring.


Don't let such trifle worry you. It is actually quite a common thing. Yixing pots are not electronic devices. :D

Haha, thanks. I don't mind it, but theres some pretty die hard yixing lovers on here and I've seen people comment on this flaw many times before.

Exempt
Posts: 403
Joined: Dec 09, '12
Location: Seattle

Re: Real Yixing?

Postby TIM » Jan 9th, '13, 17:02

Exempt wrote:
bagua7 wrote:
Exempt wrote:The only problem is the lid is slightly loose which causes there to be a slight drip when pouring.


Don't let such trifle worry you. It is actually quite a common thing. Yixing pots are not electronic devices. :D

Haha, thanks. I don't mind it, but theres some pretty die hard yixing lovers on here and I've seen people comment on this flaw many times before.


Most Cultural Revolution (1966–76) Yixings from factory have loose lid and drips. If you find a perfect lid fitted pot and its under US$500. Do question.

User avatar TIM
Vendor Member
Posts: 2042
Joined: Apr 04, '06
Location: NYC
Contact TIM:

Re: Real Yixing?

Postby minor_glitch » Jan 21st, '13, 03:43

Instead of starting another topic, I might as well ask here.
Any thoughts about of this pot? http://tinyurl.com/bjrv6lw
It's pretty cheap, claims to be handmade, and it LOOKS like a nice pot (for the price range at least) to me.
However, I don't exactly trust Aliexpress, the seller has no feedback, and they don't list the size (guessing <100ml), so it seems a bit sketchy.

User avatar minor_glitch
Posts: 138
Joined: May 19, '12
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact minor_glitch:

Re: Real Yixing?

Postby tingjunkie » Jan 21st, '13, 11:58

Skip it. Matter of fact, skip any cheap black clay you come across.

User avatar tingjunkie
Posts: 1663
Joined: Jul 08, '09
Location: Maui

Re: Real Yixing?

Postby minor_glitch » Jan 21st, '13, 14:15

Will do. Thanks!

User avatar minor_glitch
Posts: 138
Joined: May 19, '12
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact minor_glitch:

Re: Real Yixing?

Postby bagua7 » Jan 21st, '13, 17:20

Not only that, buying from Alibaba (and DHGate) is a sure way of receiving products that are not as good as described; and on top of that, is not worth returning the products because they won't respond to your requests.

http://www.chinalawblog.com/2011/02/ali ... nswer.html

I can't stop thinking of alibaba and the forty thieves. :lol:

User avatar bagua7
Posts: 1387
Joined: Jul 21, '10


Today's Poll



Community

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest