Jan 8th, '13, 17:50

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by tingjunkie » Jan 8th, '13, 17:50

Not the greatest photo, but this is what "natural" hei ni looks like. These belong to a friend...

Jan 8th, '13, 19:12

by thanks » Jan 8th, '13, 19:12

The pot I'm waiting on is indeed a 40ml from Sampletea. I have a very hard time believing these pots are made from real hei ni in the 80's for the price they're selling at, but I am far from an expert on yixing. In fact I admit to knowing very little as I've spent a while just focusing on teas rather than teaware. I figured at first that they might have a chance of being real hei ni selling so cheap because of the dodgy craftsmanship, which is what led me to purchase one in the first place. The clay does seem decent from the pictures. Regardless, I'm glad to hear good experiences with these pots. I was planning on using mine for aged puer, but we'll see. I'll keep everyone updated with my experience with the pot when it comes in.

Jan 8th, '13, 20:03

by etorix » Jan 8th, '13, 20:03

tingjunkie wrote:Not the greatest photo, but this is what "natural" hei ni looks like. These belong to a friend...

nice group, tell more pls

Jan 8th, '13, 22:19

by tingjunkie » Jan 8th, '13, 22:19

Not much to tell. They belong to a friend and Yixing expert, who sadly doesn't post here. He's a fountain of info. He sent me this photo back when I was trying to track down a real hei ni pot myself. These pots are late 70's-80's. Would have bought one, but he was only selling them as a set.

Jan 9th, '13, 02:22

by bagua7 » Jan 9th, '13, 02:22

Why didn't you buy the set? Too pricey perhaps?

I like this one:

No, not mine but I wish. I wonder who is the owner of that pot, maybe someone posting in here who is keeping it under lock and key and not telling anyone either. :lol:

Anyway, very hard to find quality real hei ni, and not worth losing sleep over it...but always keep your eyes open. :mrgreen:

Jan 9th, '13, 04:13

by ImmortaliTEA » Jan 9th, '13, 04:13

wyardley wrote:
ImmortaliTEA wrote:Also, I think Hei Xing Tu usually just looks like a darker Zi Ni but not this dark like Hei Ni.
The ones that the_economist posted are more brown than black.
You have to look through the sold out ones on Sample tea and you will see the already sold 70 ml Hei Ni Shui Ping. That pot could be an exact replica and still don't understand where they came from if they didn't come from sample tea. I have the 70 ml pot I am mentioning and it is not brown its more dark Greyish black and I still don't see brown in the economists photos so I'm not sure what you mean. Please inform us where these came from economist because they look exactly the same as the 70 ml that was sold out on sample tea.

Jan 9th, '13, 04:16

by ImmortaliTEA » Jan 9th, '13, 04:16

tingjunkie wrote:Not the greatest photo, but this is what "natural" hei ni looks like. These belong to a friend...

I find it strangely odd that each pot in this photo looks like a different kind of clay. They by no means look like they belong together. Which one do you think is the best example of Hei Ni because even the textures look massively different from this pic and I don't think it's the lighting or camera quality changing the texture.

Jan 9th, '13, 04:21
Scrolling: scrolling

by the_economist » Jan 9th, '13, 04:21

Deep purple/gray with just a hint of brown is probably the best description I can give. One of the pots is browner than the other because I've been using it. I believe it is the same as the sampletea 70ml 'heini' pot, for what that is worth.

Regardless, my point to thanks was just that these aren't really what are called 'tuition pots'. Quite usable.

Jan 9th, '13, 04:44

by apolon » Jan 9th, '13, 04:44

bagua7 wrote:Why didn't you buy the set? Too pricey perhaps?

I like this one:

No, not mine but I wish. I wonder who is the owner of that pot, maybe someone posting in here who is keeping it under lock and key and not telling anyone either. :lol:

Anyway, very hard to find quality real hei ni, and not worth losing sleep over it...but always keep your eyes open. :mrgreen:
I did sell the same pot with different carvings in teaswap. Maybe a new owner can post same pics.
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=17983

Jan 9th, '13, 08:48

by tingjunkie » Jan 9th, '13, 08:48

ImmortaliTEA wrote: I find it strangely odd that each pot in this photo looks like a different kind of clay. They by no means look like they belong together. Which one do you think is the best example of Hei Ni because even the textures look massively different from this pic and I don't think it's the lighting or camera quality changing the texture.
Different pots, from different makers and different studios/factories. They were likely fired at slightly different temps, and I'm sure some have been used more than others, with different types of tea. You were expecting them to be identical?

Jan 9th, '13, 21:05

by bagua7 » Jan 9th, '13, 21:05

apolon wrote:I did sell the same pot with different carvings in teaswap.
I missed it! Too bad. Lucky the one who owns that gorgeous pot now.

Jan 10th, '13, 01:33

by ImmortaliTEA » Jan 10th, '13, 01:33

tingjunkie wrote:
ImmortaliTEA wrote: I find it strangely odd that each pot in this photo looks like a different kind of clay. They by no means look like they belong together. Which one do you think is the best example of Hei Ni because even the textures look massively different from this pic and I don't think it's the lighting or camera quality changing the texture.
Different pots, from different makers and different studios/factories. They were likely fired at slightly different temps, and I'm sure some have been used more than others, with different types of tea. You were expecting them to be identical?
No I just figured why would someone sell a bunch of different type Hei Ni pots ONLY as a set? I realize they are his pots and he can do as he pleases with them but it just seems like if you have pots with this different of firing, factory, or clay base color why wouldn't you allow someone to buy just one as a single. It just seems like selling something ONLY as a set would make more sense if it was actually a SET and all identical in terms of clay. Either way the clay looks good to me I would be very curious about a Hei Ni vs. Hei Ni throwdown to see how the different firing would affect the brewing. I suppose those you posted are on the higher end of the firing spectrum and that would most likely kill the eraser qualities making them in a league of their own. Nice pots and I'm sure they go for a pretty penny!

Jan 10th, '13, 01:58

by tingjunkie » Jan 10th, '13, 01:58

Keeping it as a set simply because it's hard as hell to assemble 4 vintage real heini shui ping in a range of sizes.

Jan 10th, '13, 12:17

by ImmortaliTEA » Jan 10th, '13, 12:17

tingjunkie wrote:Keeping it as a set simply because it's hard as hell to assemble 4 vintage real heini shui ping in a range of sizes.
Makes sense! Will you always have the opportunity to pick those up?

Jan 10th, '13, 22:55

by tingjunkie » Jan 10th, '13, 22:55

ImmortaliTEA wrote:
tingjunkie wrote:Keeping it as a set simply because it's hard as hell to assemble 4 vintage real heini shui ping in a range of sizes.
Makes sense! Will you always have the opportunity to pick those up?
Always is a long time. :mrgreen: I'd only want one for myself, and it wouldn't be so cool to get the friend price on the set, only to turn around and break up the set by reselling them. If my friend decides to break up the set, he knows I'm interested. :wink:

+ Post Reply