Hello!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jan 16th, '13, 10:23

Hello!

by thirst » Jan 16th, '13, 10:23

Hello there!

I'm currently located in Düsseldorf, Germany and started drinking tea a bit more seriously about three years ago; at least it seems that's when I first started taking notes.

I can't claim to know a lot of things about tea, but I'm eager to learn more. Reading The Tea Enthusiast's Handbook by ML&RJ Heiss was very informative.

I basically steep all my stuff in 100ml porcelain gaiwans, armed with a water filter, a digital scale, and a thermometer.

I'm on the quest to try as many teas as possible :mrgreen:

Let's stay thirsty :wink:

Jan 16th, '13, 10:32

Re: Hello!

by AdamMY » Jan 16th, '13, 10:32

Hallo!

Welcome to Teachat! Gaiwans are great brewing utensils, does that mean you brew mostly Chinese and Taiwanese teas?

Germany is a great country, one thing I have a hard time forgetting is how good the bakery items are. Even basic rolls seem like the best rolls I have ever had in my entire life.

Tschuss!

Jan 16th, '13, 12:01
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 16th, '13, 12:01

Hello thirst and welcome to TeaChat!

You found the right place to start your TeaQuest, hope we may be of assistance along the way! :mrgreen:

Jan 18th, '13, 10:14

by thirst » Jan 18th, '13, 10:14

Thanks you two!

Ah, I also steep Japanese greens, Darjeelings, and everything else in my gaiwans. I mainly use gaiwans instead of porcelain pots because I feel that residues are much easier to get to and remove, and porcelain pots over clay pots because I drink too many different teas in order for me to dedicate a pot to a specific tea. Also I think I just want the taste to be more reliably repeatable.

That being said, I wish I could taste and name all these subtle aromas people mention :?

Germany does have very good bread :mrgreen:
Though maybe it's because I didn't grow up there that I mostly eat simple white rolls instead of the more healthful breads. :shock:

Jan 18th, '13, 11:21

by Emjaysmash » Jan 18th, '13, 11:21

Welcome!

+ Post Reply