Who bought it?

Discussion on virtually any teaware related item.

Who bought it?

Postby Math » Jan 22nd, '13, 17:49

Ok I can't keep it in anymore, I have to know.

Who was it?

Who was the lucky one that bought the 75 ml 3 legged Pan zhuni pot from Hou De? Also how much did they ask for it? I never saw it listed before it was sold out. That shure is a pretty little teapot!

http://www.houdeasianart.com/index.php? ... ts_id=1414

User avatar Math
Posts: 102
Joined: Aug 27, '11
Location: Malmö

Re: Who bought it?

Postby Chip » Jan 22nd, '13, 18:40

Good question and a good topic perhaps.

Funny, I was going to ask who bought this one ... been watching it for a while but was way out of my current willingness to pay.

http://www.artisticnippon.com/product/tokoname/konishi_yohei/mayake34.html

Actually and this one since Yamada Sou who has been discussed as of late on the forum ... this one I more seriously considered at less than half the price of the former ... but still would of shattered my previous price ceiling.

http://www.artisticnippon.com/product/tokoname/yamada_sou/mayake_kyusu16.html

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22818
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Who bought it?

Postby tingjunkie » Jan 22nd, '13, 19:05

That's been sold for months. Why do you assume it was a member here?

User avatar tingjunkie
Posts: 1663
Joined: Jul 08, '09
Location: Maui

Re: Who bought it?

Postby Chip » Jan 22nd, '13, 19:41

tingjunkie wrote:That's been sold for months. Why do you assume it was a member here?

The two in my post were both very recently sold ... 8)

I don't know about the realm of Yixing, but it is uncanny how TCers seem to buy up certain types of teaware, and then we see it at some point in the not to distant future on the pages of TeaChat. :twisted:

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22818
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Who bought it?

Postby bagua7 » Jan 22nd, '13, 19:49

Math wrote:I never saw it listed before it was sold out.


Who knows! Anyway, don't assume some of those vendors display all their stock online. Why don't you shoot them an e-mail and ask if they got other hidden goodies? You might be lucky to score a treasure.

User avatar bagua7
Posts: 1387
Joined: Jul 21, '10

Re: Who bought it?

Postby apolon » Jan 23rd, '13, 03:15

Sampletea had a similiar looking pot for sale a few days ago. It was priced 400usd.
http://sampletea.com/product/1970s-yixi ... eapot-80ml

apolon
Posts: 61
Joined: Jul 27, '11

Re: Who bought it?

Postby Alex » Jan 23rd, '13, 03:44

Chip wrote:
tingjunkie wrote:That's been sold for months. Why do you assume it was a member here?

The two in my post were both very recently sold ... 8)

I don't know about the realm of Yixing, but it is uncanny how TCers seem to buy up certain types of teaware, and then we see it at some point in the not to distant future on the pages of TeaChat. :twisted:


There was a lot of talk about the Shigaraki clay kyusu-s recently from Hojo in a thread on here. Now they are pretty much all sold out :mrgreen:

User avatar Alex
Posts: 1410
Joined: Oct 05, '09
Location: UK

Re: Who bought it?

Postby MarshalN » Jan 23rd, '13, 06:51

apolon wrote:Sampletea had a similiar looking pot for sale a few days ago. It was priced 400usd.
http://sampletea.com/product/1970s-yixi ... eapot-80ml


That's a bit expensive for that thing.

User avatar MarshalN
Posts: 2109
Joined: Mar 15, '06
Contact MarshalN:

Re: Who bought it?

Postby tst » Jan 23rd, '13, 09:06

MarshalN wrote:
apolon wrote:Sampletea had a similiar looking pot for sale a few days ago. It was priced 400usd.
http://sampletea.com/product/1970s-yixi ... eapot-80ml


That's a bit expensive for that thing.


The one from HouDe was listed for six-something if I remember correctly ... much too rich for my blood :D

User avatar tst
Posts: 251
Joined: Sep 19, '11
Location: Northern California

Re: Who bought it?

Postby TIM » Jan 23rd, '13, 10:35

MarshalN wrote:
apolon wrote:Sampletea had a similiar looking pot for sale a few days ago. It was priced 400usd.
http://sampletea.com/product/1970s-yixi ... eapot-80ml


That's a bit expensive for that thing.


And why 70's?

User avatar TIM
Vendor Member
Posts: 2042
Joined: Apr 04, '06
Location: NYC
Contact TIM:


Today's Poll



Community

In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests