Dec 29th, '12, 20:44

Re: Official what Black (Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by AdamMY » Dec 29th, '12, 20:44

AdamMY wrote:Time to open up my Morning crane tea 2011 Dan-cha. A korean red tea.
Based on a post I just responded to, decided to brew up some more of this tea.

Dec 31st, '12, 12:03
Vendor Member

by TIM » Dec 31st, '12, 12:03

Aged Yixing Red for New Year's Eve. Happy 2013!

Dec 31st, '12, 16:42
Scrolling: scrolling

by brandon » Dec 31st, '12, 16:42

2012 Wuyi Jin Jun Mei.

Happy New Year!

Jan 1st, '13, 14:36

by puerhking » Jan 1st, '13, 14:36

12 Wild Tea Purple Varietal Black from YS

Has that classic hong cha aroma and flavor profile with a hint of something more. Carmel, whiskey and eucalyptus notes makes this a bit more interesting than most non purple varietals I've tried. Not a big hong cha drinker, but I will be happy to brew this up from time to time.

Jan 8th, '13, 02:55

by chado.my.teaway » Jan 8th, '13, 02:55

where you bought this jin jun mei? i want buy it in fst but its expensive.

im drinking superfine keemun mao feng 2011 from fst. its better than 2012. weather in qimen in 2012 was worst than 2011. its my favorite hong cha...so sweet. 3.5 g per 80 ml. and i had 9 brew. so good so cheap...

Jan 9th, '13, 20:34

by AdamMY » Jan 9th, '13, 20:34

Alright alright, not right now but earlier today I had some Jing Tea Shop Yixing Red. It really hit the spot today, I brewed it and poured it into a large American made Yunomi. I was in the spirit to use the Yunomi because the artist will be my ceramics teacher for the class I am starting tomorrow.

Jan 10th, '13, 16:14

by jcov » Jan 10th, '13, 16:14

Mi Lan Black (Honey Orchid). I love it, it is a lot more warming that I was expecting.

Jan 13th, '13, 16:19

by AdamMY » Jan 13th, '13, 16:19

On this cold damp day, which just turned into a mix of snow, hail, and all sorts of rain, big cups of red tea are in order. As such some Keemun from Phoenix Teashop.

Jan 15th, '13, 21:21

by minor_glitch » Jan 15th, '13, 21:21

I'm drinking a bland, disappointing, poorly stored, mystery Castleton Estate Darjeeling tonight.
I found a local store in Toronto named SayTea that has a Castleton listed on their site, but it wasn't very specific. Popped into the store today to check it out and things went south from there...

Strike one: They had a hundred different teas on display, all in big clear glass jars.

Strike two: My first question to the old lady behind the counter was "is your Castleton a 1st flush or 2nd flush?" Simple enough question, right? Well, to my horror she had no clue. I should have run screaming out the door, I really should have, but it was only $8 for 55g and I've taken more foolish risks.

Strike three: I couldn't see the scale behind the counter, so I couldn't actually see her measurement, but I'm almost positive she forgot to tare the scale with the plastic tray on it, because there is no way she gave me more than 30g for the price of 55g. Wish I had a scale to confirm this, but it's pretty obvious.

The only thing SayTea has going for it is that the cluttered, cozy store is kind of cute when you first enter, in a "this is the room my grandmother died in" kind of way...
I think I'll stick to ordering online from trusted vendors from now on.

Sorry to go a little off topic there... felt the need to rant.

Jan 16th, '13, 07:04

by sherubtse » Jan 16th, '13, 07:04

minor_glitch wrote:I'm drinking a bland, disappointing, poorly stored, mystery Castleton Estate Darjeeling tonight.
I found a local store in Toronto named SayTea that has a Castleton listed on their site, but it wasn't very specific. Popped into the store today to check it out and things went south from there...

Strike one: They had a hundred different teas on display, all in big clear glass jars.

Strike two: My first question to the old lady behind the counter was "is your Castleton a 1st flush or 2nd flush?" Simple enough question, right? Well, to my horror she had no clue. I should have run screaming out the door, I really should have, but it was only $8 for 55g and I've taken more foolish risks.

Strike three: I couldn't see the scale behind the counter, so I couldn't actually see her measurement, but I'm almost positive she forgot to tare the scale with the plastic tray on it, because there is no way she gave me more than 30g for the price of 55g. Wish I had a scale to confirm this, but it's pretty obvious.

The only thing SayTea has going for it is that the cluttered, cozy store is kind of cute when you first enter, in a "this is the room my grandmother died in" kind of way...
I think I'll stick to ordering online from trusted vendors from now on.

Sorry to go a little off topic there... felt the need to rant.
Unless I am mistaken, you are speaking of the store on Bloor, no? (They also have an outlet on Yonge.)

Yeah, not a great place to buy tea. There are better places in Toronto to make your purchases. (Though I am a bit surprised that they mis-weighed the amount.)

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Jan 16th, '13, 11:48

by minor_glitch » Jan 16th, '13, 11:48

sherubtse wrote:Unless I am mistaken, you are speaking of the store on Bloor, no? (They also have an outlet on Yonge.)
Yeah, the one on Bloor by High Park.

Jan 24th, '13, 15:29

by NOESIS » Jan 24th, '13, 15:29

On this rainy afternoon, I'm enjoying a gongfu session of some delicious Sun-Moon Lake from FLT. 5g in 100ml gaiwan. 60s, 60s, 90s and still going strong.

Jan 26th, '13, 13:04
Scrolling: scrolling

by Devoted135 » Jan 26th, '13, 13:04

Pretending I'm still iced in with a giant mug of lapsang souchong :)

Jan 29th, '13, 22:14

by Emjaysmash » Jan 29th, '13, 22:14

Just got my order in, sipping some Irish Breakfast Tea

Jan 30th, '13, 04:21

by chado.my.teaway » Jan 30th, '13, 04:21

Hong Tie Guan Yin bought in Xi'an...nice but I preffer oolong

+ Post Reply