Greeting from a tea novice!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jan 7th, '08, 21:21

Greeting from a tea novice!

by Ladytiger » Jan 7th, '08, 21:21

I'm so excited to start posting on this forum!
I'm not really new on the tea drinking scene, I have drank tons of pre bagged tea, but just a few months ago I turned into a hardcore loose leaf drinker. I never realized what I was missing out on! At first, I was really suprised at all of the different types of tea when I started ordering in July from Upton, my grandfather gave my a generous supply of Russian Caravan, which is the first loose leaf tea that I tried and liked.
I have always thought that I liked green tea, since I enjoyed iced green tea, the kind that you buy from the vending machine. Boy was I wrong. It makes me wonder how much corn syrup they put in there...
My tea adventure spread from there and my current number of favorites is at three, Kandy District Celyon BOP, Russian Caravan, and Japanese Sencha (which i the only green tea that I have found that I liked so far).
We'll see if I accquire any new favorites once I get my Adagio order.

Jan 7th, '08, 21:30
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 7th, '08, 21:30

w@@t, she said sencha, she likes sencha :wink: ... You already answered my post from the first thread you posted on.

Welcome to the forum. Sit a spell, have some sencha, and enjoy the TEAfellowship.

Yep, those bottled teas are pretty evil. There are a few unsweetened ones, but good luck finding them when you want one.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jan 7th, '08, 21:51

by Ladytiger » Jan 7th, '08, 21:51

I've tried the bottled unsweetened green tea from Honest Tea. :? Not the greatest thing in the world because the add "natural flovoring to balance acidity", but I found their unsweetened black tea to be more pleasing, but maybe I should order a bottle of Adagio iced tea which I was tempted to put on my order, but decided not to. I make great (well what I call great, my mother doesn't like it) iced tea from the Celyon BOP.
I can tell already that I'm going to be a regular on here. :D

Jan 7th, '08, 21:52

by Wesli » Jan 7th, '08, 21:52

Hi Tiger!!

Jan 7th, '08, 21:56
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 7th, '08, 21:56

...I just wrote today about using high grown Ceylon for iced tea under black tea I think. The BOP is a cheap way to do it, but all the fine particals can be a mess...however lots of flavor too. :D

Sometimes I will throw in some other mountain grown Indian region teas as well such as Darjeeling, Golden Nepal, and Temi. That is great iced tea!!!

Jan 7th, '08, 22:21

by Ladytiger » Jan 7th, '08, 22:21

Ah, yes, I saw that post. The particals are a pain, but wow the flavor! Even more so with a little mint and a little bit of honey....Simply yummy.

Jan 7th, '08, 22:44

by hop_goblin » Jan 7th, '08, 22:44

Welcome!!! You are certainly going to enjoy your time here!

Jan 7th, '08, 23:56

by Space Samurai » Jan 7th, '08, 23:56

Ladytiger wrote:I've tried the bottled unsweetened green tea from Honest Tea. :?
That stuff was horrible; I have oft wondered how they managed to make it suck so much.

Welcome to the forum. :D

+ Post Reply