Feb 4th, '13, 16:28

Adagio steeper mug question

by Vermont Cathy » Feb 4th, '13, 16:28

I bought Teavana's Remi glass mug and had only been using it for about a week when my cat knocked the lid off the counter and it shattered. :( Teavana doesn't offer replacement lids (I asked). But Adagio has a mug that seems very very similar, and they do sell replacement lids. I'm hoping the Adagio lid will fit the Teavana mug.

I know this is highly unlikely, but if anyone has both, could you tell me if the Adagio lid works on the Teavana mug? Or, if someone just has the Adagio mug, could you measure the diameter of the lid, and also the diameter of the lid's rim that sits down inside the infuser (i.e. inner and outer diamaters)? Thanks a ton.

Feb 4th, '13, 16:41
Scrolling: scrolling

Adagio steeper mug question

by Jspigs » Feb 4th, '13, 16:41

Although I own neither, looking at both products they seem identical. The only difference looks to be a color difference. Other than that they are both 14oz, the handles look to be the same shape with the same placement, both mugs are the same overall shape, and even the infuser portion has similar aesthetic touches. From the pictures it looks like there is a very high chance that both mugs are from the same manufacturer/wholesaler and that the lid from adagio will most likely fit the teavana mug. If it were me I would buy the Adagio lid.

Feb 5th, '13, 10:53

Re: Adagio steeper mug question

by Vermont Cathy » Feb 5th, '13, 10:53

Thanks, Jspigs, I think I'll do that. It's not very expensive, and I can always use an excuse to place another tea order! :)

Now I just need a way to train the cat...

Feb 6th, '13, 14:40

by Evan Draper » Feb 6th, '13, 14:40

Cathy, I have owned both, and they are interchangeable. I have cats, and I learned to buy two at a time. Also, I have had reasonably good results with spanking.

Feb 6th, '13, 14:46
Scrolling: scrolling

by Devoted135 » Feb 6th, '13, 14:46

Evan Draper wrote:Cathy, I have owned both, and they are interchangeable. I have cats, and I learned to buy two at a time. Also, I have had reasonably good results with spanking.
LOL! I "swat" my two cats on the forehead, that does alright for me. My dad has a cat who bites though, and and once he bit her right back, on the forehead. She hasn't tried to bite him since! :lol:

Feb 6th, '13, 21:49

by Vermont Cathy » Feb 6th, '13, 21:49

Thanks, Evan. I ordered today and the lid is coming tomorrow (!).

We once tried to train a cat to stay off the dining room table by spraying it with water. The cat simply stayed put, scrunched up her eyes, ducked her head, and accepted it. Meanwhile the table and everything on it was soaking wet. We gave up. That cat trained herself to stay off the counter by scaring herself by knocking over a whole drainer full of dishes (only one mug broke - well worth the fact that THAT cat now stays off the counter). But Milo... good thing he's cute.
2011.03.02 07.JPG
2011.03.02 07.JPG (13.78 KiB) Viewed 1396 times

Feb 7th, '13, 18:19

by Vermont Cathy » Feb 7th, '13, 18:19

Unfortunately the Adagio glass lid doesn't fit the Teavana Remi mug. It fits without the infuser, but it won't fit on the infuser. Oh well. Guess I gotta order a whole new mug from Teavana. It's a shame I like it so much - if I didn't, I'd just try some different mug from somewhere.

Damn cat. (it's just money, I've got the money, tea & kitty cats shouldn't be stressful...)

I wonder if I should wait for another free shipping special from Teavana. How often do those occur? (just missed one).

Feb 8th, '13, 12:55

by Evan Draper » Feb 8th, '13, 12:55

Sorry to have misled you. I have always had the glass infusers.

Feb 8th, '13, 14:16

by JRS22 » Feb 8th, '13, 14:16

Vermont Cathy wrote:Thanks, Evan. I ordered today and the lid is coming tomorrow (!).

We once tried to train a cat to stay off the dining room table by spraying it with water. The cat simply stayed put, scrunched up her eyes, ducked her head, and accepted it. Meanwhile the table and everything on it was soaking wet. We gave up. That cat trained herself to stay off the counter by scaring herself by knocking over a whole drainer full of dishes (only one mug broke - well worth the fact that THAT cat now stays off the counter). But Milo... good thing he's cute.
2011.03.02 07.JPG
I love your story. I trained my cats to stay off the counter by never having food there that interests them. That only works for vegetarians!

+ Post Reply