AdamMY Youtube Videos!

Self-promoting plugs, if you gotta do it, do it here!

AdamMY Youtube Videos!

Postby AdamMY » Feb 3rd, '13, 13:08

I have been tossing this idea around for 3 weeks or so, and I finally decided to give it a shot... Its actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. But I launching my own set of tea and teaware videos. Today I shot me making the first steep of a sencha. These can all be found on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/AdamYusko

*edited to change the title*
Last edited by AdamMY on Feb 10th, '13, 16:53, edited 1 time in total.
AdamMY

Re: Youtube Videos!

Postby blairswhitaker » Feb 4th, '13, 04:01

cool videos adam I would like to hear some narration!
blairswhitaker

Postby Senchamatcha » Feb 5th, '13, 09:41

Keep posting videos! :) that was a great demo.
Oh, and are you 6' tall? Because you look like a giant next to that tea pot. I've never held or seen a Kyusu in real like so I don't know how proportionate they are to people. I'm 5' and something inches tall so I know I am disproportionately short. I must seriously look like a small child to most of my adult peers :(
Senchamatcha

Postby minor_glitch » Feb 5th, '13, 11:57

Nice video. And nice PJs :wink: Is that LOTR in the background?
minor_glitch

Postby Chip » Feb 6th, '13, 03:59

minor_glitch wrote:And nice PJs :wink:

... I thought Adam was going snow golfing (after tea of course)!

Senchamatcha wrote:Keep posting videos! :) that was a great demo.
Oh, and are you 6' tall? Because you look like a giant next to that tea pot. I've never held or seen a Kyusu in real like so I don't know how proportionate they are to people.

That Kyusu is actually pretty tiny. It could make you look BIG too! :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Alex » Feb 6th, '13, 09:24

Senchamatcha wrote:Keep posting videos! :) that was a great demo.
Oh, and are you 6' tall? Because you look like a giant next to that tea pot. I've never held or seen a Kyusu in real like so I don't know how proportionate they are to people. I'm 5' and something inches tall so I know I am disproportionately short. I must seriously look like a small child to most of my adult peers :(

Treat yourself to a good Kyusu. You'll love it! 8)
Alex

Postby AdamMY » Feb 6th, '13, 12:14

Responding to a few of the remarks... I am a hair over 6 feet tall so yes I am a large person, but that is a rather small kyusu, only about 140ml or so, though it seems smaller. That is the Extended edition Lord of the Rings set you see there... I really should watch it again.

Oh yeah, Wednesday mornings are a little lazy for me, so I filmed myself doing a casual Korean Sejak brewing.

http://youtu.be/KZSAjwYmskA

Enjoy!
AdamMY

Postby Stentor » Feb 6th, '13, 12:37

It's nice to see a fellow TeaChatters brewing habits. I can imagine this is also really helpful for the beginners. Cool idea, Adam, hope to see more!
With your teaware collection, I am sure it will take a while until it gets boring :)

I still envy you TC veterans for that early Seigan Blue SO. These cups are really nice and he doesn't seem to make them like this anymore.
Stentor

Postby Chip » Feb 6th, '13, 12:47

Stentor wrote:I still envy you TC veterans for that early Seigan Blue SO. These cups are really nice and he doesn't seem to make them like this anymore.

He made those especially for TC per request ... especially the shape. I have seen some similar tapers since, but not quite like these. Oh wait, he did another SO in Sansai that was very similar but a tad larger.

I had wanted a more dark celestial version of his Seigan Blue for the SO, but the lighter color worked out better for tea anyway.

I also really like the pronounced foot which tapers slightly outward as you go downward, adds another way to hold the cup.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby AdamMY » Feb 10th, '13, 11:18

If you want to see how I Grandpa style brew some teas, just click below! :mrgreen:

http://youtu.be/i-CFJXh76YY
AdamMY

Postby AdamMY » Feb 10th, '13, 16:51

Well as I had the stuff and I was ready for a second tea, I decided to show off a rather unconventional method I have of breaking up a korean balhyocha compressed into a ball. This might Work on Tuocha, but likely won't work that well on bricks or cakes of tea.

Enjoy watching how a wine opener can be very useful to a tea drinker! :lol: :lol:

http://youtu.be/KS1oi5ygCII
AdamMY

Re: AdamMY Youtube Videos!

Postby AdamMY » Feb 12th, '13, 23:45

It was requested, and so I provided. A Gyokuro video!

http://youtu.be/DyyaudfIq_A

I hope you enjoy my teaware set up. It is possibly my favorite non-set/set as it just seems to work so wonderfully together. Sadly I tried to show a shot of what the amount of leaf I used looks like, but there was not enough light finding its way into houhin for the camera to see it.
Last edited by AdamMY on Feb 13th, '13, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
AdamMY

Postby sherubtse » Feb 13th, '13, 20:05

Great videos, Adam. Nice to see an expert in action. :)

Best wishes,
sherubtse
sherubtse

Postby AdamMY » Feb 13th, '13, 23:07

This afternoon was Yancha time... decided to film it too! I swear this stuff was magical, I finished the session, started my homework and 3 problems that had me stumped seemed to just kneel before me and seem obvious and trivial!

http://youtu.be/EPPPEXzFjfY

*Edited because I wiped the sound track on the video just to make sure I did not infringe on any copyright issues. (I had left the TV on while filming).
Last edited by AdamMY on Feb 24th, '13, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
AdamMY

Postby fdrx » Feb 14th, '13, 01:16

Nice video Adammy!
To put the leaves in the teapot i use a white paper sheet, it's the easier way for me.
fdrx

Next

Instant Messenger

Permissions