AdamMY Youtube Videos!

Self-promoting plugs, if you gotta do it, do it here!

Re: AdamMY Youtube Videos!

Postby Senchamatcha » Feb 14th, '13, 11:23

Ah... I shall invest in one at some point. I already have one picked out on o-cha as well as some teas i want to try. I've been saving up money so I can make one big o-cha purchase sometime this coming fall. I just have to be patient.
but... Kyusu are really that tiny :shock: * pulls out measuring spoons to see which one is the closest to 140ml*
Senchamatcha

Postby Chip » Feb 14th, '13, 13:17

Senchamatcha wrote:Ah... I shall invest in one at some point. I already have one picked out on o-cha as well as some teas i want to try. I've been saving up money so I can make one big o-cha purchase sometime this coming fall. I just have to be patient.
but... Kyusu are really that tiny :shock: * pulls out measuring spoons to see which one is the closest to 140ml*

That Gyokko kyusu is great for 3 ounce steeps, though it will hold 4 2/3 ounces. But you have to account for displacement caused by the ever expanding tea leaves.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Exempt » Feb 14th, '13, 13:32

AdamMY wrote:This afternoon was Yancha time... decided to film it too! I swear this stuff was magical, I finished the session, started my homework and 3 problems that had me stumped seemed to just kneel before me and seem obvious and trivial!

http://youtu.be/MODuKkEFCNI

What yancha were you using?
Exempt

Postby AdamMY » Feb 14th, '13, 19:44

Exempt wrote:
AdamMY wrote:This afternoon was Yancha time... decided to film it too! I swear this stuff was magical, I finished the session, started my homework and 3 problems that had me stumped seemed to just kneel before me and seem obvious and trivial!

http://youtu.be/MODuKkEFCNI

What yancha were you using?

2011 Mandarins Tea Room High Fire Old Bush Shui Xian.
AdamMY

Postby AdamMY » Feb 16th, '13, 12:13

Excited that it is Saturday :?: :idea: I was so I whipped up some Matcha Kotobuki, and it was caught on camera. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://youtu.be/A0r_7mRoZC8
AdamMY

Postby sherubtse » Feb 16th, '13, 15:38

Interesting to see you use an infuser as a sifter. Good idea. I Also noted that you did not pre-heat the chawan or the chasen.

Thanks for the videos!

Best wishes,
sherubtse
sherubtse

Postby AdamMY » Feb 16th, '13, 16:44

sherubtse wrote:Interesting to see you use an infuser as a sifter. Good idea. I Also noted that you did not pre-heat the chawan or the chasen.

Thanks for the videos!

Best wishes,
sherubtse

In the description I said I washed all the teaware prior to filming. I hate the chance of not thoroughly drying the chawan before adding the matcha and having it all stick to the bottom in a gunk even through whisking.
AdamMY

Postby David R. » Feb 16th, '13, 19:09

I don't filter the matcha. I add a little bit of cold water to the powder, mix them with the chasen before adding hot water. Some people say it produces a better matcha.

I discovered this on Florent's blog (from Thés du Japon) : http://sommelier-the-japonais.blogspot. ... onais.html (in French, sorry). It is the way used by Japan Tea instructors, and Madame Hayakawa Hiroko, head of the tea school Ura-senke. Note Matt's comment which seems to indicate it is also used during the Korean matcha ceremony.
David R.

Postby AdamMY » Feb 16th, '13, 19:22

David R. wrote:I don't filter the matcha. I add a little bit of cold water to the powder, mix them with the chasen before adding hot water. Some people say it produces a better matcha.

I discovered this on Florent's blog (from Thés du Japon) : http://sommelier-the-japonais.blogspot. ... onais.html (in French, sorry). It is the way used by Japan Tea instructors, and Madame Hayakawa Hiroko, head of the tea school Ura-senke. Note Matt's comment which seems to indicate it is also used during the Korean matcha ceremony.

I've seen that done before too. I honestly have been scared to give it a try as somehow I still feel like you aren't really resolving the clump issue. But like I said I have never tried it.
AdamMY

Postby Alex » Feb 21st, '13, 10:27

Great vids Adam. Keep them coming I'll watch, thumbsup, and enjoy the lot
Alex

Postby AdamMY » Feb 23rd, '13, 13:06

Some nice Saturday Alishan! Oh it was filmed too. :D

http://youtu.be/rAYOYyQ2RhY
AdamMY

Postby AdamMY » Feb 24th, '13, 23:51

What video's do you want to see?

I have one request in for Koicha, which I hope to oblige soon, I am just trying to wrap my head around which chawan would best show off what needs to be seen for koicha. ( I am still working with a rather mediocre camera).

I am considering a Balhyocha video. In addition to a Highfire TGY video.

I would likely be laughed into the ground doing a Puerh video.

I may consider a Hong Cha video.

So I want to ask Teachat, what videos do you want to see? I am asking so I can prioritize them. If I did not list one let me know and I will look into it if I could reasonably accomplish the task.

I figure the bulk of teachat knows where my tea interests and strengths lie.

I guess a subtle hidden question in all of this is, do you mind seeing similar videos if they really are just for different teas? As honestly like most things I have realized in life, the key to success in a multitude of different areas are just mild alterations on a small set of key idea's/ tricks.
AdamMY

Postby Alex » Feb 25th, '13, 11:50

I'm up for just more of the same. TBH I just like watching people brew. What for? just for nice. :mrgreen:
Alex

Postby AdamMY » Feb 27th, '13, 11:16

To anyone that formally practices Chanoyu please do not take this video as an official Chanoyu ceremony, I simply wanted to share my method for making Koicha at home with little fuss. (I did try something new by not sifting the matcha, which was a big mistake).

Oh yeah, by that announcement before, I mean I made a Koicha Youtube Video!

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/UiBpyxIBzKc
AdamMY

Postby edkrueger » Feb 27th, '13, 14:05

That is not koicha...
edkrueger

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions