A new french/english tea blog : Cha Yi

Have a Tea Blog or Tea Vlog? Post a topic here.

Feb 4th, '13, 19:29

by Fabien » Feb 4th, '13, 19:29

It's been a veryyyyyyyy long time since I started thinking about beginning a tea blog.
I finally decided to go for it, hoping it will be interesting for all those loving tea, tea culture and for the most heavily affected of us, the ones suffering from TTAD...
It's here : http://chayiartoftea.blogspot.fr/, it's both in french and in -far from perfect- english.
I hope I'll see you there!
Fabien
Last edited by Fabien on Feb 15th, '13, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.

Feb 15th, '13, 08:36

Re: Another french/english tea blog : Cha Yi

by Alex » Feb 15th, '13, 08:36

Nice blog. I always find it interesting when people judge smells and tastes against what we should and shouldn't like as taut to us. For instance the smell of a barn.

Sometimes I give people sencha and they say it taste of fresh cut grass with a poisoned look on their face. And I'm thinking "mmmm fresh cut grass...fresh air...sunshine.......life" :lol:

Feb 15th, '13, 12:40

Re: Another french/english tea blog : Cha Yi

by Fabien » Feb 15th, '13, 12:40

Thanks Alex, it's just the beginning and I hope I'll keep it as interesting as others around here managed to do for their own blogs. Your reply just made me realize that stable was probably not exactly the right translation for étable :?

Barn and maybe cowshed would have had much more sense here... I'll edit that imediately!
And I hope to see you coming back regularly :D

For the likes/dislikes in tastes, I fully agree with you... especially when I think of some of our most "expressive" french unpasteurized cheeses (I like... a lot) or of a number of renown french delicatessen products such as tripes or andouillette... that I don't like (but others love 'em). IMHO, one should always only consider his own feelings and not what others think! And that is probably also true for tea.

Feb 15th, '13, 20:04

Re: A new french/english tea blog : Cha Yi

by andrzej bero » Feb 15th, '13, 20:04

I like it's in English too. Google translator I use to read the other French blogs is a misunderstanding (I confess here that I used to do so;)
I wish your blog Long Life and Determination

Feb 16th, '13, 05:06

by David R. » Feb 16th, '13, 05:06

I just tried to put my latest article through google traduction. At least, it gave me a good laugh : "I have to admit a taste for assays with pig roasted teas." :lol:

Feb 16th, '13, 10:42

by andrzej bero » Feb 16th, '13, 10:42

...pig... well ... you know, "global village".

Sometimes I think I should learn French, but then you will quit your blogs and I'll stay with my French for nothing:)

Feb 16th, '13, 10:42
Scrolling: scrolling

by Jspigs » Feb 16th, '13, 10:42

I too liked the blog. I especially liked how you described how just as we would like others to respect our taste, we should respect their tastes too. It is like I sometimes half joke "I am a connoisseur not a snob." I look forward to reading more of your blog in the future.

Feb 16th, '13, 17:42

by David R. » Feb 16th, '13, 17:42

andrzej bero wrote:Sometimes I think I should learn French, but then you will quit your blogs and I'll stay with my French for nothing:)
If it is the only reason, I can assure you we won't quit soon ! Of course, the best way is to come and visit us. And you know we have a polish/french translator among us ! :)

Feb 18th, '13, 05:26

by Fabien » Feb 18th, '13, 05:26

Thanks Andrzej, David & Jspigs.
We know that french is not the easiest language to learn :) And writing in english is a nice way for us to keep our english at an acceptable level... at least for talking about tea.
Also, as I feel we have a slightly different approach for tea between the US and old Europe, it's a great mean of sharing thoughts and experiences. There are a lot of very interesting tea blogs around here written by tea addicts, poters and ceramists, others more oriented on tea spirituality, etc...
A shame that all the translation softwares are mostly useless, not even talking of translating chinese or japanese.
Anyway, please continue to read us, comment and express yourselves, it's always a pleasure.

+ Post Reply