Managing your Tea Collection

For general/other topics related to tea.

Feb 16th, '13, 20:02

Managing your Tea Collection

by jan » Feb 16th, '13, 20:02

Hi,

has anyone got a great software for managing a tea collection (mostly pu-erh, some Oolong)?

I think I have tried everything. Starting from Excel tables to Wordpress, an internal Wiki included. Nothing really seems fit. As the collection grows some of the teas I have become unavailable so I need some kind of recognition.

Regards,
Jan

Feb 16th, '13, 21:11

Re: Managing your Tea Collection

by Exempt » Feb 16th, '13, 21:11

jan wrote:Hi,

has anyone got a great software for managing a tea collection (mostly pu-erh, some Oolong)?

I think I have tried everything. Starting from Excel tables to Wordpress, an internal Wiki included. Nothing really seems fit. As the collection grows some of the teas I have become unavailable so I need some kind of recognition.

Regards,
Jan
I haven't found anything good on my computer but on my ipad and iphone I use Itemizer and it has worked fantastically so far.

Feb 16th, '13, 21:37
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » Feb 16th, '13, 21:37

You might try something like Datacrow.

I've just been using an Excel spreadsheet, but recently stumbled on Datacrow. Not as great as it would seem for CDs due to trouble synching w/ databases, but for something that would be all manual entry anyway, it might work out well enough...?

Feb 17th, '13, 06:31

by David R. » Feb 17th, '13, 06:31

Always a pleasure to rediscover teas I forgot I had, although I try not to hide green teas too much... :wink:

Feb 17th, '13, 12:38

by Evan Draper » Feb 17th, '13, 12:38

Drax wrote:You might try something like Datacrow.
but for something that would be all manual entry anyway, it might work out well enough...?
From the Datacrow website:
Typing? That is so 2000! Find the information on Software, Movies, Books and Music with one of the standard Online Services (such as Imdb.com, Bol.com, Amazon.com and more).
I'm sure Alex at ratetea.com would be thrilled if people wanted to start syncing their tea collections via Datacrow to his website!

+ Post Reply