Teapot Models


Discussion on virtually any teaware related item.

Teapot Models

Postby Mayencm » Feb 16th, '13, 12:52

Image

I am studying the craft yixing and it's hard to know the names of the classical models of teapots. If there are any errors, please let me know. Also if there is a manual online. thanks :D
User avatar
Mayencm
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Jan 1st, '1
Location: Spain

Re: TEAPOTS MODELS

Postby debunix » Feb 16th, '13, 13:28

Thank you! We were having a conversation about this with limited photos in another topic, and this makes it so much clearer!
User avatar
debunix
 
Posts: 5134
Joined: Jan 10th, '
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: TEAPOTS MODELS

Postby Alex » Feb 16th, '13, 14:57

I have to say, disappointed as you all might be in me, I did expect provocatively dressed ladies holding various teapots.

Good day. :oops:
User avatar
Alex
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Oct 5th, '0
Location: UK

Re: TEAPOTS MODELS

Postby bagua7 » Feb 17th, '13, 01:31

+ 1. Very useful pic. But what is the pinyin name for dragon egg? :twisted:
User avatar
bagua7
 
Posts: 1241
Joined: Jul 21st, '

Re: TEAPOTS MODELS

Postby Mayencm » Feb 17th, '13, 05:15

bagua7 wrote:+ 1. Very useful pic. But what is the pinyin name for dragon egg? :twisted:

I do not know. I hope it helps ... :roll:
User avatar
Mayencm
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Jan 1st, '1
Location: Spain

Re: TEAPOTS MODELS

Postby Mayencm » Feb 17th, '13, 05:19

Alex wrote:I have to say, disappointed as you all might be in me, I did expect provocatively dressed ladies holding various teapots.

Good day. :oops:

Sorry. Next time ... :wink:
User avatar
Mayencm
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Jan 1st, '1
Location: Spain

Re: Teapot Models

Postby Switch-kitten » Feb 17th, '13, 06:03

Thank you for this! It's so helpful; having the bare silhouettes to look at and decide from, along with the names.
User avatar
Switch-kitten
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Jan 28th, '
Location: Citrus Heights (near Sacramento), California

Re: Teapot Models

Postby Evan Draper » Feb 17th, '13, 14:03

There are a few tidbits in this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Yixing-Pottery-Wo ... 159265018X
It includes a diagram of 38 teapot shapes with English names. You might try cross-referencing them with the Chinese ones you have.
User avatar
Evan Draper
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Jan 23rd, '
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Teapot Models

Postby wyardley » Feb 17th, '13, 15:30

If you want to put the Chinese name for consistency, I think the dragon egg one would be long dan. Including tone diacritics would be helpful. And shui ping should have an 'h' in it.

I've got a book (in Chinese) which has some drawings of shapes - I'll see if I can find / scan it.
User avatar
wyardley
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: Jan 11th, '
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Teapot Models

Postby Mayencm » Feb 17th, '13, 17:38

Evan Draper wrote:There are a few tidbits in this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Yixing-Pottery-Wo ... 159265018X
It includes a diagram of 38 teapot shapes with English names. You might try cross-referencing them with the Chinese ones you have.


Thank you very much, I'll see ... :D
User avatar
Mayencm
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Jan 1st, '1
Location: Spain

Re: Teapot Models

Postby Mayencm » Feb 17th, '13, 17:40

wyardley wrote:If you want to put the Chinese name for consistency, I think the dragon egg one would be long dan. Including tone diacritics would be helpful. And shui ping should have an 'h' in it.

I've got a book (in Chinese) which has some drawings of shapes - I'll see if I can find / scan it.

Thank you very much, correct errors quickly. I would appreciate any information you can give me. :D
User avatar
Mayencm
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Jan 1st, '1
Location: Spain

Re: TEAPOTS MODELS

Postby tomasini » Feb 18th, '13, 13:40

Alex wrote:I have to say, disappointed as you all might be in me, I did expect provocatively dressed ladies holding various teapots.

Good day. :oops:


I was right there with you.
User avatar
tomasini
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Apr 9th, '0
Location: Texas


Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation