Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby Suutej_Tsaj » Feb 15th, '13, 12:56

Organic Karou Matcha from O-Cha. My first Matcha.
.
..
...
.... It is gooooooooood!




Pictures will follow. :mrgreen:

User avatar Suutej_Tsaj
Posts: 67
Joined: Jan 07, '13
Location: Italy, Europe

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby Maneki Neko » Feb 15th, '13, 22:35

Organic Uji Gyokuro from Yuuki-Cha.

I've experimented a bit with brewing temperatures and like the way they affect the taste and strength of the brew. I've brewed at 55 degrees which makes a very mild, pleasant brew; last weekend and today the first steep was at 65 and 62 degrees respectively. Yuuki-Cha recommends 65 degrees for this particular tea. It was more bold :mrgreen:

Together with my Banko I also ordered fukamushi Yame Sencha, my next tea to try. Dan told me I have to be careful with pouring if I brew it in the Banko. Should have done more research! I haven't opened the sencha yet so don't know how small the leaf bits are. Any thoughts/experiences with brewing fukamushi in a ball-filter Banko?

User avatar Maneki Neko
Posts: 132
Joined: Feb 05, '13
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby Chip » Feb 15th, '13, 22:47

A good ball filter is fine for Fukamushi as long as some care goes into pouring ... definitely not a "dump pour."

I think if a Kyusu is rather flat that this can affect pouring of Fuka more than the screen.

If the screen holes are too big, this can let too much leaf into the cup for many drinkers ... But I am thinking your Banko does not have holes that are too big.

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22818
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby Chip » Feb 15th, '13, 22:48

Today, Yutaka Midori from O-Cha ... how I have missed this ultra green brew!

Also Kuritawase from NOTTI 2.

Two outstanding selections!!!

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22818
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby Maneki Neko » Feb 15th, '13, 23:34

Chip wrote:If the screen holes are too big, this can let too much leaf into the cup for many drinkers ... But I am thinking your Banko does not have holes that are too big.

True. Besides, I don't mind having some leaf in the cup :wink:
It also happens with the Gyokuro on the first pour.

User avatar Maneki Neko
Posts: 132
Joined: Feb 05, '13
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby AdamMY » Feb 16th, '13, 11:05

Matcha Kotobuki to get the morning going in the right direction. It was delicious. There May or may not have been a video made :mrgreen:

User avatar AdamMY
Posts: 2376
Joined: Jul 22, '09
Location: Capital of the Mitten
Contact AdamMY:

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby Brian Nametko » Feb 16th, '13, 15:34

Bigelow Green! Organic@

Attachments
Green Tea (478x640).jpg
Green Tea (478x640).jpg (195.09 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
Brian Nametko
Posts: 10
Joined: Feb 15, '13

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby Maneki Neko » Feb 17th, '13, 23:58

Maneki Neko wrote:Together with my Banko I also ordered fukamushi Yame Sencha, my next tea to try.

Tadaa... the Organic Yame Sencha :wink:
Very tasty, grassy and of good colour (better than on the photo) :P Brewed in my glass pot and similarly mild as the Uji Gyokuro.

IMG_1075.JPG
IMG_1075.JPG (89.42 KiB) Viewed 1169 times

IMG_1076.JPG
IMG_1076.JPG (67.07 KiB) Viewed 1169 times

User avatar Maneki Neko
Posts: 132
Joined: Feb 05, '13
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby Alex » Feb 18th, '13, 03:23

Maneki Neko wrote:Organic Uji Gyokuro from Yuuki-Cha.

I've experimented a bit with brewing temperatures and like the way they affect the taste and strength of the brew. I've brewed at 55 degrees which makes a very mild, pleasant brew; last weekend and today the first steep was at 65 and 62 degrees respectively. Yuuki-Cha recommends 65 degrees for this particular tea. It was more bold :mrgreen:

Together with my Banko I also ordered fukamushi Yame Sencha, my next tea to try. Dan told me I have to be careful with pouring if I brew it in the Banko. Should have done more research! I haven't opened the sencha yet so don't know how small the leaf bits are. Any thoughts/experiences with brewing fukamushi in a ball-filter Banko?


The Tachi Masaki filter is great for Fuka. Just pour nice and slow. I prefer to slow pour Fuka anyway as the taste is much better.

User avatar Alex
Posts: 1410
Joined: Oct 05, '09
Location: UK

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby Zach » Feb 18th, '13, 15:34

Ssangkye roasting sejak. A bit nutty and creamy, my favorite green tea from the Ssangkye tea company.

Zach
Posts: 8
Joined: Oct 28, '12

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby Tead Off » Feb 19th, '13, 04:07

Zach wrote:Ssangkye roasting sejak. A bit nutty and creamy, my favorite green tea from the Ssangkye tea company.

Ssangyesa is a beautiful, old Zen temple right in the heart of hwagae where the best tea is grown. I believe it dates from 7/8th century.

I've had a couple of nice teas from this producer.

User avatar Tead Off
Vendor Member
Posts: 4468
Joined: Apr 01, '09
Location: Bangkok

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby chado.my.teaway » Feb 19th, '13, 06:01

Nokcha:) Yeah...bitternes. Brew to long;)

User avatar chado.my.teaway
Posts: 207
Joined: Aug 02, '11
Location: Poland

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby AdamMY » Feb 19th, '13, 10:03

Woke up feeling ill, so decided to brew up some Nichi Getsu... Still freezing though.

User avatar AdamMY
Posts: 2376
Joined: Jul 22, '09
Location: Capital of the Mitten
Contact AdamMY:

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby debunix » Feb 19th, '13, 10:57

AdamMY wrote:Woke up feeling ill


Time for this?

Image
( lemon tea with rosehips)

Feel better soon!

User avatar debunix
Posts: 5831
Joined: Jan 10, '10
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact debunix:

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Postby Maneki Neko » Feb 19th, '13, 16:20

The best remedy :mrgreen: Looks very tasty :wink:

User avatar Maneki Neko
Posts: 132
Joined: Feb 05, '13
Location: Melbourne, Australia


Today's Poll



Community

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests