Aging Puerh.

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Re: Aging Puerh.

Postby HifideliTea » Feb 20th, '13, 00:33

Besides enamel and porcelain jars that I bought recently, I also got these clay pots recently, reddish clay and more porous than enamel and ceramic, which I will use to store older teas . The pots are new and have no smells.
But the choice of storage would stil be large yixing pots, which are hard to come by.
There are also a cheaper alternative, ie metal containers that I use for storing older tea to retain the taste and flavour - an advice from a tea vendor as he does not want the tea to change it's flavour and taste and become unsaleable later on.

sung8891, are the pots you have similar to this?

Pot.jpg
Pot.jpg (32.12 KiB) Viewed 207 times
HifideliTea

Postby sung8891 » Feb 21st, '13, 08:18

HifideliTea wrote:Besides enamel and porcelain jars that I bought recently, I also got these clay pots recently, reddish clay and more porous than enamel and ceramic, which I will use to store older teas . The pots are new and have no smells.
But the choice of storage would stil be large yixing pots, which are hard to come by.
There are also a cheaper alternative, ie metal containers that I use for storing older tea to retain the taste and flavour - an advice from a tea vendor as he does not want the tea to change it's flavour and taste and become unsaleable later on.

sung8891, are the pots you have similar to this?

Pot.jpg

Yes they are.
sung8891

Postby Bad Jedi » Mar 1st, '13, 17:59

My storage is pretty stable even in winter , yesterday I've done some measurements and humidity is around 80-81% and temperature around 20-22 C as you can see on the picture .
Left digital hygrometer sits on middle shelf and on right is analog one just brought in for comparison reasons and it shows humidity outside of my storage room.
No artificial humidification, flavor enhancers or high fructose corn syrup used :)
Hygrometers salt/water mixture calibrated . Extech professional hygrometer used as reference measurement device. No mold accidents so far.

photo (6).JPG
photo (6).JPG (164.91 KiB) Viewed 122 times
Bad Jedi

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions