Matcha green tea powder vs. Barley Grass powder

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Feb 21st, '13, 00:26
Vendor Member

Re: Matcha green tea powder vs. Barley Grass powder

by gingkoseto » Feb 21st, '13, 00:26

Yeah, if you "eat" matcha in this amount and stay healthy, that means you have a super-healthy stomach to begin with, and it's not the credit of matcha :mrgreen:

Feb 21st, '13, 09:13

by beforewisdom » Feb 21st, '13, 09:13

Running for Tea wrote:
beforewisdom wrote:There aren't any magic bullets.
I can't tell you how many times I've heard that phrase during class!
What is the subject of the class?

Feb 21st, '13, 20:55
Scrolling: scrolling

by Running for Tea » Feb 21st, '13, 20:55

beforewisdom wrote:What is the subject of the class?
I've heard it in several of my nutrition classes. Whether it is in reference to weight loss, optimal health or (insert absurd claim here), people always want a quick fix. Unfortunately, it just doesn't work that way.
Last edited by Running for Tea on Feb 24th, '13, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.

Feb 24th, '13, 13:38

by Suutej_Tsaj » Feb 24th, '13, 13:38

Running for Tea wrote:
beforewisdom wrote:What is the subject of the class?
I've heard it in several of my nutrition classes. Whether it is in reference to weight loss, optimal health or (insert absurb claim here), people always want a quick fix. Unfortunately, it just doesn't work that way.
And that's why my fingers itch everytime I hear someone say they drink green tea as a magic cure-all potion. Screw you, I drink it because it's tasty!

Feb 24th, '13, 21:32
Scrolling: scrolling

by Running for Tea » Feb 24th, '13, 21:32

Suutej_Tsaj wrote:And that's why my fingers itch everytime I hear someone say they drink green tea as a magic cure-all potion. Screw you, I drink it because it's tasty!
:lol:

Feb 25th, '13, 13:56

by beforewisdom » Feb 25th, '13, 13:56

There are food choices that are more powerful than others, but whether or not you get results has to be evaluated from a holistic perspective.

For example, you can always find an article that has good things to say about broccoli. Yet, look at all of the people who eat broccoli regularly who are still overweight, still getting heart attacks, still getting cancer etc.

If a person wants better health s/he has to fix their entire life: nutrition, sleep, exercise, environment, stress, etc.

IMHO drinking powdered tea leaves or powdered barley grass might be very healthy, but it will not be enough to override a poor diet, lack of vegetables, high stress levels, living near a fracking station, etc etc.

Mar 18th, '19, 11:17

by test123 » Mar 18th, '19, 11:17

tehtehteh wrote: Which is healthier in terms of antioxidants, chlorophyll...ect
Looking for a drink that will stop the ageing process, which would do a better job? Thanks.

Currently drinking 3tbs of yuuki cha organic matcha a day.

Wondering if I should switch to Yamamoto Kanpou barley grass powder.
Don't mind these people, they are a bunch of ignorants, indeed like someone said they are like the hopelessly mindless chronic smokers.
If you want to find some reliable info with scientific ground rather than humor to the ground, then you can look up the articles listed about matcha or green tea in general and barley at the NCBI and PubMed research sites, they are one's wisest everyday bible.

+ Post Reply