Estimation of year

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Feb 21st, '13, 03:17

Estimation of year

by lordsbm » Feb 21st, '13, 03:17

Hi. I'm new to pu erh but I'd bought this tea sometime in 2005 for my dad in KL during some China culture expo.

I tried looking in Taobao and search on google, I couldn't find any info of tianyuan factory pumpkin shu. I get the impression the factory is no longer around since the early 2000s, though I'm not very sure.

Any pu erh veterans here can give an esitimation of the year? I think it's a real tianyuan pu erh, the only tianyuan that people might fake will likely be those 80s and 97 hongkong return edition cakes that appeared in my search.

Here are some shots of the tea, pardon me for the poor mobile phone quality :lol:

Many thanks to any infomation given :)

Feb 22nd, '13, 19:20

Re: Estimation of year

by apache » Feb 22nd, '13, 19:20

Welcome to TeaChat and I hope you would this forum helpful.

I look up 田園茶廠
and this page might have some useful information at post #29.
http://www.hkteaforum.com/forum.php?mod ... 760&page=2

There seems to be some connection between 田園茶廠 and 普文茶廠, but no one seem to know when 田園茶廠 cease to exist?

It's very difficult to tell the age just by looking at the photo.

Feb 22nd, '13, 22:25

Re: Estimation of year

by lordsbm » Feb 22nd, '13, 22:25

Hi apache.

Thanks for the welcome and most importantly thanks for the information shared :)

From the link you posted, my guess is pu wen take over tian yuan by some means as it was mentioned somewhere that pu wen was selling tian yuan 1997 hk return brick/cake at some point in time.

I think pu wen belongs to HK and it won't surprised me that they took over tian yuan sometime in the early 20s before the pu erh boom. Since it was also mentioned that tian yuan is a small factory. Or maybe a sub of pu wen.

Based on the tian yuan items I found on various sites that dated back from 1995 to 2005, I believe that tian yuan did retail business then.

Since I bought this in 2005 and my memory recalls (not very sure) the sales then mentioned this will be good as it's been around for a few years. Guess it'll be safe to say it's been around since the early 2000s.

+ Post Reply