Feb 23rd, '13, 10:02

Unheard of Online Yixing Vendor?

by Nick » Feb 23rd, '13, 10:02

Hi all!

I'm new to these boards, so firstly i'd like to say hello to everyone! It seems like a fantastic forum and I will be posting an introduction shortly. :D

I've read many posts on here, and like many of you, I seem to have fallen in love with Yixing teapots... I can tell this is going to be an expensive hobby!

I currently have two teapots, both of which I've managed to identify as fake (with the help of posts on this forum) so i'm quite dubious about buying any online... I've looked at many of the suggested vendors, and i'm still very wary. I'm willing to spend money on a good teapot, but only if it's worth it.

In saying all of this, I've found some nice teapots on http://yixingclayteapot.com that I like the design of. I've searched through the forums and haven't found any information on them, which is making me very hesitant to purchase from them... so my question is, does anyone have experience with this website? If not, i'll probably go to one of the more reputable websites and find a design I like there..

thanks!

Feb 23rd, '13, 14:44

Re: Unheard of Online Yixing Vendor?

by yalokinh » Feb 23rd, '13, 14:44

I came across this site a while ago, but couldnt find any good evidence of their selection bein high quality. I like simpler pots so i was put off by their modern shapes and inscriptions on the pot.
I cant really say that their stuff is bad, i just dont know.

Feb 23rd, '13, 15:51

by futurebird » Feb 23rd, '13, 15:51

http://yixingclayteapot.com/product_det ... ?ProId=182

I love this pattern. I've been looking for something like it, but, to my eye, their pots do not *look* any different than ("fake") pots on ebay that cost 1/3 the price. That said, if I knew that they were better quality it might be worth it.

To me, I fell like if I buy a teapot that cost more than $100 I want to touch it in person first...

I to would like to know if anyone has bought from them and if their pot merit the premium in price.

Also can anyone tell me about the cracked pot pattern I've linked. Is it a modern thing or is it traditional?

Feb 23rd, '13, 16:58

by Nick » Feb 23rd, '13, 16:58

The thing I like about the site is that it lists all the craftsman, the clay and where it's from, with quite a lot of pictures... I'm very surprised that no one has discussed them before. I think I'll stick to some of the more well known online vendors for my first few purchases...

Does anyone have an opinion or advice on these two?

http://zishayixing.com/yixing-teapot/du ... ing-teapot

this one is half handmade and has pictures of inside the pot, which seems to be rather rare.. unfortunately it doesn't show the seal very well.

http://www.dragonteahouse.biz/accessori ... -40ml.html

this one would be a nice sized pot for my green tea at work. apparently hand made duanni.

I agree with Futurebird, it would be nice to hold any of these teapots, but I live in Australia, and Yixing vendors are few and far between... :x

Feb 23rd, '13, 22:17

by tingjunkie » Feb 23rd, '13, 22:17

Welcome to the forum Nick. I'm not at all impressed by that website. Silly prices.

Feb 23rd, '13, 23:13

by futurebird » Feb 23rd, '13, 23:13

Feb 24th, '13, 00:55
Scrolling: scrolling

Unheard of Online Yixing Vendor?

by Jspigs » Feb 24th, '13, 00:55

Their green tea prices aren't much lower.

http://yixingclayteapot.com/product_det ... ?ProId=147

Feb 24th, '13, 09:24

by MarshalN » Feb 24th, '13, 09:24

tingjunkie wrote:Welcome to the forum Nick. I'm not at all impressed by that website. Silly prices.
+1, stay away.

Feb 24th, '13, 10:55

by Teaism » Feb 24th, '13, 10:55

not my cup of tea...

Feb 25th, '13, 01:40

by Nick » Feb 25th, '13, 01:40

Thanks everyone, great advice! i'll look elsewhere for a pot... :)

Feb 26th, '13, 23:27

by tingjunkie » Feb 26th, '13, 23:27

So... about zishayixing.com...

Compare this with this.

Just a fair warning for anyone thinking of giving them business. I'd like to call them a few choice things, but since this is a family friendly forum, I'll just leave it at clowns. :lol:

Feb 28th, '13, 00:26

by MarshalN » Feb 28th, '13, 00:26

tingjunkie wrote:So... about zishayixing.com...

Compare this with this.

Just a fair warning for anyone thinking of giving them business. I'd like to call them a few choice things, but since this is a family friendly forum, I'll just leave it at clowns. :lol:
Great find!

+ Post Reply