Exempt: WANTED aged 7542

"Retired" Swaps SubForum

Feb 7th, '13, 18:22
Vendor Member

Re: Exempt: WANTED aged 7542

by gingkoseto » Feb 7th, '13, 18:22

bagua7 wrote:
MarshalN wrote:Neither the Grand Tea nor the Life in Teacup are from the Menghai factory, so calling them 7542 is a bit of a stretch
gingkoseto wrote:Gingko (of Life in Teacup)
Very funny...I love the Internet and all its pirates. :mrgreen:
I google my name periodically to checkout if anything comes up (for example, once I found a job hunting website has everybody's entire cv including personal address exposed to public...) then occasionally this habit extends to googling "life in teacup" :mrgreen:

Feb 7th, '13, 18:25
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Feb 7th, '13, 18:25

MarshalN wrote:
gingkoseto wrote:Life in Teacup 7542 is from Menghai Factory. Otherwise Life in Teacup won't call it 7542. And of course this is Life in Teacup's opinion, which may not be everybody's opinion. :wink:
- Gingko (of Life in Teacup)
Care to show us pics of the cake, front and back, and also the neifei, please?
Nope... don't care :mrgreen: But here it is :wink:
http://gingkobay.blogspot.com/2011/11/w ... er-10.html

I vaguely remember there was also some discussion on puerh board long time ago but can't find it.

Feb 11th, '13, 23:56

by bryan_drinks_tea » Feb 11th, '13, 23:56

shah82 wrote:The Chinese Tea Shop out of Vancouver does have some 15yo 7542 which doesn't have the greatest reviews.

Sampletea does have what appears to be a somewhat nonstandard 2004 7542-425 in purple wrapper, which does have good reviews. Also a 2001 that's probably very expensive.

Chances are, no individual will sell that sort of tea absent financial distress, because you do have to sample it first to examine the storage.

Good Luck

The problem I have with sampletea is they don't talk about storage...and I'm no storage whiz, but I wish they would say...stored in kunming/guangzhou/hongkong/whatever so I could have a little bit of a clue of what it might taste like. it could have been stored in Iceland for all we know...

Correction/Edit: They do have a Hong Kong Stored section. Is this another case of a vendor saying their storage is better than someone elses? the pu-erh game seems to keep getting shakier to me but I'm keeping my head up anyway.

Feb 14th, '13, 22:12

by MarshalN » Feb 14th, '13, 22:12

gingkoseto wrote:
MarshalN wrote:
gingkoseto wrote:Life in Teacup 7542 is from Menghai Factory. Otherwise Life in Teacup won't call it 7542. And of course this is Life in Teacup's opinion, which may not be everybody's opinion. :wink:

I vaguely remember there was also some discussion on puerh board long time ago but can't find it.
Sorry, but how can you not care and then assert that this is the real deal? You're selling it. Your neifei seems to be from the provincial company, rather than Menghai tea factory?

Feb 14th, '13, 22:50
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Feb 14th, '13, 22:50

MarshalN wrote:
gingkoseto wrote:
MarshalN wrote:

Sorry, but how can you not care and then assert that this is the real deal? You're selling it. Your neifei seems to be from the provincial company, rather than Menghai tea factory?
The "don't care" was to your last question. I didn't care to show the pictures just because you asked for them. But since they are already in my blog, it didn't take me extra time...
Otherwise, I wouldn't care to spend many minutes to respond to a statement like "this tea is not what it's said to be", which anybody could carelessly write in 5 seconds... I'm very thrifty on spending time nowadays...
Your question about neifei and factory, I discussed it in the blog too.

Feb 14th, '13, 23:03
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Feb 14th, '13, 23:03

Besides, MarshalN, I feel a little funny that it's not me who asks how you made you assertion about my tea, and instead, you asked how I make assertion on my own tea that I'm thoroughly familiar with. :mrgreen: But this is just my comment and I didn't mean to question you. Although I visit teachat frequently, if not by googling, I wouldn't have seen this discussion.

Feb 15th, '13, 00:55
Scrolling: scrolling

by the_economist » Feb 15th, '13, 00:55

gingkoseto wrote:Besides, MarshalN, I feel a little funny that it's not me who asks how you made you assertion about my tea, and instead, you asked how I make assertion on my own tea that I'm thoroughly familiar with. :mrgreen: But this is just my comment and I didn't mean to question you. Although I visit teachat frequently, if not by googling, I wouldn't have seen this discussion.
I couldn't find the discussion on the factory and the neifei. Link?

Feb 19th, '13, 20:40

by MarshalN » Feb 19th, '13, 20:40

gingkoseto wrote:Besides, MarshalN, I feel a little funny that it's not me who asks how you made you assertion about my tea, and instead, you asked how I make assertion on my own tea that I'm thoroughly familiar with. :mrgreen: But this is just my comment and I didn't mean to question you. Although I visit teachat frequently, if not by googling, I wouldn't have seen this discussion.
Well, the neifei doesn't look right for the period.

Feb 24th, '13, 13:14

by JakubT » Feb 24th, '13, 13:14

bryan_drinks_tea wrote:
shah82 wrote:The Chinese Tea Shop out of Vancouver does have some 15yo 7542 which doesn't have the greatest reviews.

Sampletea does have what appears to be a somewhat nonstandard 2004 7542-425 in purple wrapper, which does have good reviews. Also a 2001 that's probably very expensive.

Chances are, no individual will sell that sort of tea absent financial distress, because you do have to sample it first to examine the storage.

Good Luck

The problem I have with sampletea is they don't talk about storage...and I'm no storage whiz, but I wish they would say...stored in kunming/guangzhou/hongkong/whatever so I could have a little bit of a clue of what it might taste like. it could have been stored in Iceland for all we know...

Correction/Edit: They do have a Hong Kong Stored section. Is this another case of a vendor saying their storage is better than someone elses? the pu-erh game seems to keep getting shakier to me but I'm keeping my head up anyway.
I don't know about that 2004 fangcha, but concerning things mentioned in this topic:
1) 2001 7542 - supposedly in Malaysia, but very, very dry. Too dry to be good, imho.
2) 2004 7542 - also Malaysia, but naturally - well aging. Some people said it's weak and not that good, but the sample I had was great. I'll get a couple of cakes soon so I'll be able to tell more then.
3) 1995 7542 - not Menghai production and also FTDTBG (far too dry to be good).