My Adagio order from Europe

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Jan 10th, '08, 04:49

My Adagio order from Europe

by Lama » Jan 10th, '08, 04:49

I just recieved my order from Adagio.
Becasue criteaque sugested it, i'l post my feedback here.

It took a realy long time for the order to arive (almost 3 weeks), but thats to be expected with intercontinental shipping. I dont realy mind, or I wouldnt have bought in the US. Also, I ordered just before the hollidays.

When the order arived I had to pay 10 euro (+/- 14.7 dollar) in customs.
Ofcourse this is in no way Adagio's fault. I wouldnt want Adagio do do anything illegal, but a lot of shops send their tea marked as a gift. Mine had "Teas" writen on it.
I have no idea if this is legal or posible, but it would ofcourse be beter not to have to pay taxes.

With these kind of shipping charges and taxes, I wouldnt order at Adagio again.
Its just to expensive. I ended up paying 60 Dollars for items, and 37 dollars for shipping and taxes.

When I opend the box I could already smell the tea, and everything was coverd in tea dust. The tins where closed firmly, so maybe customs opend the tins.

The packaging was fine, and everything was in good condition.

The glass mug however has a defect, a little blob of glass at the top.
I'm considering returning it, but shipping costs would kill me.

I havent had a chance to taste the tea yet (will do this tonight).

Overall I would say Adagio did a good job, but getting it to Europe is very complicated.

I hope this feedback will help, if you are expanding to the Old World.
Hope I didnt sound to negative, I still think Adagio is great :)

Jan 10th, '08, 07:29

by criteaque » Jan 10th, '08, 07:29

Lama,

thank you for sharing your experience and your valuable comments. Indeed, I’m sorry (and a little shocked) to hear about the trouble you’ve had to receive the tea from US. :shock:

Regarding customs, the "responsibility" should probably be attributed to the Belgian authorities for having such taxes for tea, although it is understandable as the package was from outside the EU.

The defected mug is also a surprise, as our products are of highest quality and the borosilicate glass rarely has any flaws. That said, we do not check each item prior to shipping, so irregularities can occur. :oops: If you still wish to return it, I suggest keeping it in its original packaging and I’ll get back to you soon with the procedure to follow to exchange it with us here in Europe.

May I also remind you that our shipping costs and times to Europe will be substantially reduced in the near future. Also, there will definitely be no taxation for shipments to Belgium :wink:

Please do let us know how you liked the tea! And thank you again for your comments.

Cheers

Jan 10th, '08, 08:30

by Lama » Jan 10th, '08, 08:30

Thank you for your quick reply.
I'm very glad to hear that shipments to Europe will improve.
Will the prices for the merchandise be the same, in dollar curency, or will they be diferent?
With the current exchange couse it makes quite a diference.

If the prices are the same and shipping is improved i'l order at least two more starter IngenuiTEA sets as gifts, everyone I show it to loves it!

Aparantly for shipments (outside the EU) under a value of 22 euro, you dont have to pay taxes. Inside the EU (or if its send as a non-comerical package) there are no taxes. Its also posible they only check a percentage of the shipments, and I was just unlucky.

Regarding the mug, I'l keep it in its package until I can exchange it. So please contact me when its posible, i'm not in a hurry though. ;)

Jan 10th, '08, 09:11

by criteaque » Jan 10th, '08, 09:11

Lama,

the prices will reflect the extra costs associated with setting up base here in Europe, although our products will always stay very competitively priced.

I will keep you updated per e-mail or pm for the product exchange as soon as it becomes possible.

Cheers

Jan 14th, '08, 12:26

by xine » Jan 14th, '08, 12:26

I agree with Criteaque; thank you for your FB! It will definitely help us with our planning.

Perhaps a little birdie will be sending you a new cup... *I* wouldn't know anything about it. 8)

Jan 14th, '08, 16:40

by Lama » Jan 14th, '08, 16:40

Glad i've been able to help :)

I have been tasting the teas and I enjoyed them a lot. The small samples realy helped me determine my tastes at an afordable price, I love them!

Jan 22nd, '08, 07:12

by Pouvla » Jan 22nd, '08, 07:12

How will u promote the european branch? Gonna be same site, just diff shippings or a new sub-site? Ie. How easy are we gonna notice the european adagio shop

Jan 22nd, '08, 09:21

by Lama » Jan 22nd, '08, 09:21

Today a misterious package came with a shiny new mug and two Osmanthus teabags.

Thanks for the great service! I'l be trowing one of those bags in my mug tonight :)
I have been enjoying my teas a lot and I cant wait for your european branch to open!

Jan 23rd, '08, 08:16

by criteaque » Jan 23rd, '08, 08:16

Pouvla,

it will be very similar to the US site, with content tailored to European tea drinkers. Hope you will like it!

Cheers

Jan 23rd, '08, 08:18

by criteaque » Jan 23rd, '08, 08:18

Enjoy! :lol:

Mar 26th, '08, 08:39

by olivierco » Mar 26th, '08, 08:39

Any news about Adagio's European store?

Mar 26th, '08, 08:48

by criteaque » Mar 26th, '08, 08:48

Thank you for your interest, Olivierco. We are putting the final touches on it and will come forward with an official launch announcement soon.
Cheers

Apr 7th, '08, 15:57

by Lama » Apr 7th, '08, 15:57

I hope it opens soon, i'l be in line place an order :)

Jun 10th, '08, 14:06

by olivierco » Jun 10th, '08, 14:06

It is open.
The tea selection is narrower than on the US shop.

I ordered golden yunnan, organic rooibos, jasmine pearls and ti kuan yi

Jun 10th, '08, 19:31

by criteaque » Jun 10th, '08, 19:31

Now you're fast! Look out for an official announcement soon :shock:

+ Post Reply