Official Pu of the day

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Mar 3rd, '13, 13:19

Re: Official Pu of the day

by futurebird » Mar 3rd, '13, 13:19

I'm drinking this:
Yunnan Chit Su Bing Cha - Puerh Tea Cake, Raw 2006

http://www.teakingdom.com/Pu-erh-Tea/Yu ... e.tpl.html

but I got it on ebay for much less. (maybe it's fake? I don't know.)

I really like this tea, it's leaves are quite green and young once infused with water. The first steep is quite bitter and dry. But after that it is smooth and sort of sweet with just a hint of greeness.

I steep it for only a moment with very hot water. I can get 6 infusions like this. I'm using my 120ml pot with about 4g of leaves (very full once they hydrate)

It's not a good idea to let these leaves sit in the water, it won't get darker but it will get bitter.

The cake is not very tightly packed, it was easy to break off large chunks and keep the leaves whole.

I don't think I'd pay $40 for this... but keep an eye out for it!

I wonder how it will age?

Mar 3rd, '13, 13:29

by DVS » Mar 3rd, '13, 13:29

Enjoying the day with some, 1996 Zhen Chun Ya Hao.

Mar 3rd, '13, 13:42

by gasninja » Mar 3rd, '13, 13:42

2004 Wisteria Qing Yai (Nannuo). This tea is very active and still posses a potent ku wei . It has a nice raw sugary aroma and the distinct Nannuo Taste of Leather. The first infusion was a little awkward. I think this tea is just starting to turn a corner into its second stage of maturity, but is still hanging on to its youth.

Mar 3rd, '13, 14:18
Vendor Member

by SilentChaos » Mar 3rd, '13, 14:18

gasninja wrote:2004 Wisteria Qing Yai (Nannuo). I think this tea is just starting to turn a corner into its second stage of maturity, but is still hanging on to its youth.
I think so too. I'm thinking of hanging on to one to see what happens in about 5 years.

Mar 4th, '13, 02:38

by gasninja » Mar 4th, '13, 02:38

I think that cake is a safe bet to turn into something nice.

Mar 5th, '13, 13:18

by futurebird » Mar 5th, '13, 13:18

futurebird wrote:I'm drinking this:
Yunnan Chit Su Bing Cha - Puerh Tea Cake, Raw 2006

http://www.teakingdom.com/Pu-erh-Tea/Yu ... e.tpl.html

but I got it on ebay for much less. (maybe it's fake? I don't know.)

I really like this tea, it's leaves are quite green and young once infused with water. The first steep is quite bitter and dry. But after that it is smooth and sort of sweet with just a hint of greeness.

I steep it for only a moment with very hot water. I can get 6 infusions like this. I'm using my 120ml pot with about 4g of leaves (very full once they hydrate)

It's not a good idea to let these leaves sit in the water, it won't get darker but it will get bitter.

The cake is not very tightly packed, it was easy to break off large chunks and keep the leaves whole.

I don't think I'd pay $40 for this... but keep an eye out for it!

I wonder how it will age?

Drinking it again today. Here's a photo!

Mar 6th, '13, 21:09
Vendor Member

by TwoDog2 » Mar 6th, '13, 21:09

2010-11 Sanhezhai Yiwu Blend - this cake had higher quality material than the previous cake I had been drinking through from SHZ. I noticed there was a really thick depth to the body that was not present in the previous cake, and I was only using about 5g-6g (didn't measure, but less than I normally use)

After the session I looked through the leaves and noticed some pieces like the pic below, intact healthy leaves and thick woody stems. The leaves are healthy and leathery. Thought this stem was interesting, a full leaf (3rd leaf down) and a bud at the top.

Very enjoyable session

(The large leaf pictured above is a little over 2 inches in length)

Mar 6th, '13, 21:54

by debunix » Mar 6th, '13, 21:54

2009 You Le Zhi Chun sheng from Yunnan Sourcing today: brewed up for the thermos in the giant dragon yixing, enjoyed through the middle of the day, and now back at home, enjoying half-pot fulls over and over of sweet, lightly herbaceous, marvelous puerh.

Mar 6th, '13, 23:20

by fdrx » Mar 6th, '13, 23:20

2010-11 Sanhezhai Yiwu Blend
Twodogs, is Sanhezhai located a few kilometers north Yibi like chamoting's "sanheshezhai", or is it something else? Thank you.

Mar 7th, '13, 03:30
Vendor Member

by TwoDog2 » Mar 7th, '13, 03:30

Same one, I always forget the "she" - it is Sanheshe zhai. Is that Chamoting cake good?

Mar 7th, '13, 16:16

by fdrx » Mar 7th, '13, 16:16

Thanks TwoDog2, actually I only have a yibi cake from this brand: it's rather tasty and juicy with slight wild notes, nice aftertaste in mouth, some astringency... not bad.... The wet leaves turn black rather quickly though.
It's maybe a little bit like a younger and greener douji 05 red.... maybe not...
I'd like to try the sanheshezhai bing to compare with this yibi. i've also tried a couple of samples from this brand, the yishanmo was interesting if i remember correctly.

Mar 8th, '13, 17:43

by amaranto » Mar 8th, '13, 17:43

I just received this sample in the mail. I'm very new to puerh, but I like it a lot, and it seems to give me a nice, smooth sense of energy when I drink it.

Green Puerh by AndrewJAT, on Flickr

Mar 9th, '13, 00:15

by lordsbm » Mar 9th, '13, 00:15

Going to start my own database of pu erh I'd tried :)

Had this today. The photo from the seller, but that's the same as what I gotten.
Attachments
0002.jpg
0002.jpg (93.84 KiB) Viewed 1966 times

Mar 9th, '13, 10:34

by futurebird » Mar 9th, '13, 10:34

Today's tea for the morning (I've come to like young sheng in the morning, old sheng at night, shu after desert)

Meng song zhl dian sheng puerh 2012

Quite green, with a nice sweet after-taste that makes the mouth feel slightly dry. Although I have made it with very hot (rolling boil) water, like green tea (which it almost still is) it benefits from cooler water, either way the packed tiny pot will produce a liquor no darker than you see here even on long steeps in a teaboat...but for a young sheng this is just fine.

I know nothing of aging, but I would but this one just for the kick of drinking it now.

Still, since I like it it might be worth collecting some. I can't remember how expensive it was. It's from wanlingteahouse.com they were very nice to send me some sample with my last order (recommended)

Mar 9th, '13, 16:57

by amaranto » Mar 9th, '13, 16:57

Going to start my own database of pu erh I'd tried
That's really neat, lordsbm.

+ Post Reply