Hello from San Diego!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Mar 5th, '13, 17:46

Hello from San Diego!

by Muadeeb » Mar 5th, '13, 17:46

After a couple months of lurking, I figured it was time to say hello. I've been reading so many interesting posts on the various topics here and am learning so much.

How long have you been drinking tea?

As a Ukranian immigrant living in the USA since I was 2, my house always had a big teapot on the counter. My dad would brew up a strong concoction and we'd add it to the bottom of the cup and pour hot water over it to make our tea. That teapot would sit there for days at a time, I'm surprised no one got sick from it.

I've only been drinking "good" tea for the past 10 years. I just started gong fu brewing a couple months ago, after a friend invited me over to share some.

What was your first Tea?

That childhood tea was some sort of cheap Chinese black tea. I didn't drink much tea during my high school years since I was rejecting a lot of my Soviet-ness in an effort to blend in. In college (Rochester, NY), I realized that it was much cheaper to drink Lipton than it was to turn up the heat. The Twinings variety pack was a mainstay of mine for a few years until I got into loose leaf.

What is your favorite Tea currently?

Gaba Oolong is tasting really good to me right now.

What is your next purchase?

Possibly my friend's 130ml Duanni pot that hasn't come out of the box since he got it.

Where is your favorite spot to brew up?

I brew most of my tea right here at the keyboard (while reading TeaChat, of course) but every once in a while I bring a small setup to Sunset Cliffs to watch and photograph the sunsets. I can sit on a 50 foot cliff, drink High mountain tea, and watch surfers.

I'll post some photos later on. My pots are nothing special, as I'm still learning what I like.

Michael- San Diego, CA

Mar 5th, '13, 20:46

Re: Hello from San Diego!

by amaranto » Mar 5th, '13, 20:46

Welcome! Are you also a Dune fan (inferred from your forum name)?

Mar 5th, '13, 20:51

by Muadeeb » Mar 5th, '13, 20:51

amaranto wrote:Welcome! Are you also a Dune fan (inferred from your forum name)?
I was as a kid and it's been my default forum name everywhere for years. I'd like to say it was from reading the books, but sadly, it was from watching the movie.

Mar 5th, '13, 22:32

by amaranto » Mar 5th, '13, 22:32

Ah, cool. The books are great!

Mar 6th, '13, 01:28
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 6th, '13, 01:28

Welcome to TeaChat, glad you decided to stop lurking and join in. I am looking forward to seeing you around, Muadeeb.

+ Post Reply