Shui Hong Fa 水烘法

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Mar 19th, '13, 00:13

Shui Hong Fa 水烘法

by lordsbm » Mar 19th, '13, 00:13

Found this quick awakening method which will aid in semi-wet/natural (exposed to high humidity) stored pu erh. Not sure if it's "common knowledge", but it's worth my time reading :lol:
http://zuigu.gotoip4.com/article-102.html

No translation, too lazy to look for 何作如老师 to ask for permission. :lol:

Mar 19th, '13, 02:17
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Shui Hong Fa 水烘法

by the_economist » Mar 19th, '13, 02:17

Interesting idea.

Basically, it says to put tea in warmed pot, pour water on the *outside* of the pot (lid on) for a bit, open pot and let out the 'bad air'. Repeat 3-4 times, and then proceed as usual (rinse, and then drink). Will try it some time.

Mar 19th, '13, 02:31

by Tead Off » Mar 19th, '13, 02:31

the_economist wrote:Interesting idea.

Basically, it says to put tea in warmed pot, pour water on the *outside* of the pot (lid on) for a bit, open pot and let out the 'bad air'. Repeat 3-4 times, and then proceed as usual (rinse, and then drink). Will try it some time.
Highly skeptical that this can remove the mildew odor of badly stored Puerh. It's really quite a pervasive odor that has taken years to penetrate the tea. It's not a mere surface smell. Many smoky teas will also not give up their 'smoked' aroma and flavor no matter how many tricks I've tried. It would be nice to have a technique that really worked.

Mar 19th, '13, 02:39

by lordsbm » Mar 19th, '13, 02:39

the_economist wrote:Interesting idea.

Actually there's also other details like what type of pot is preferred, also the temperature. It's worth a try :)
Tead Off wrote:Highly skeptical that this can remove the mildew odor of badly stored Puerh. It's really quite a pervasive odor that has taken years to penetrate the tea. It's not a mere surface smell. Many smoky teas will also not give up their 'smoked' aroma and flavor no matter how many tricks I've tried. It would be nice to have a technique that really worked.
Voodoo or not, just try it yourself. :lol:

Of cos u need to followed the steps correctly.

These things aren't something hard to proof wrong, but if it works even just little (or some) improvement, it's a winner to me :)

Edit: The interesting with tea, is every minor details may affect the taste. Can't really explained with logic, at least I can't.

Mar 19th, '13, 02:45

by lordsbm » Mar 19th, '13, 02:45

Oh ya, had there been talk about "冷后混" before? I find that interesting when I read about it yesterday :lol:

Edit: Here's an article for those interested.
http://www.douban.com/note/230170914/

Mar 19th, '13, 08:56

by futurebird » Mar 19th, '13, 08:56

I have the perfect tea to test this on.

Mar 19th, '13, 09:56

by lordsbm » Mar 19th, '13, 09:56

futurebird wrote:I have the perfect tea to test this on.
Please do share your experience after u tested it :) Thanks :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply