Thursday's TeaDay 3/28/13

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

So, where do all you TeaChatters live and from where do you hail?

US-NE
21%
US-SE
13%
US-MW
4%
US-W
8%
US-SW
8%
Alaska, Hawaii
No votes
Canada
8%
Mexico, Central, South America
4%
Europe
33%
Asia, Africa, Australia
No votes

Total votes: 24

Mar 28th, '13, 11:48
Scrolling: scrolling

Thursday's TeaDay 3/28/13

by Chip » Mar 28th, '13, 11:48

Welcome one and all to TeaDay. Brew a pot and share what is in your cup with all of us. Frequent updates are a plus, along with photos of your TeaSessions if possible.Be sure to check out what everyone else is sipping as well.

We have not done this topic in quite sometime, and since we have many new members, I want to know ... Where are you from and/or where do you live right now? You may be as specific as you want to be.

It is an official "Frivolous Post Day" all day long ... if you think getting to know your fellow TeaChatters is frivolous. So! Share as much or as little information as you want here today. Does your town have a claim to fame? I hope you have some fun with this topic today. :mrgreen:

Not sure of your region...check it out
HERE

I am looking forward to learning a little bit about my fellow TeaChatters today! Have an excellent TeaDay! And Bottoms UP!

Mar 28th, '13, 12:04

Re: Thursay's TeaDay 3/28/13

by AdamMY » Mar 28th, '13, 12:04

Born and raised in the Midwestern United States, I did do a 4 year stint at a college in the North East, but besides that Ohio, Illinois, and now Michigan, who knows maybe soon Wisconsin.

Mar 28th, '13, 12:06

Re: Thursay's TeaDay 3/28/13

by Muadeeb » Mar 28th, '13, 12:06

Born in Kiev, Ukraine when it was still part of the USSR. Moved to Cleveland, OH at 2 years, college in Rochester, NY. Then Long Island, NY and Boston, MA before getting sick of the snow. That's why I've spent the last 11 years in San Diego.

Mar 28th, '13, 14:15

Re: Thursday's TeaDay 3/28/13

by Chip » Mar 28th, '13, 14:15

Born and raised in Pennsylvania. We reside outside of the city limits of Reading PA. This area had been influenced strongly by the PA Dutch, Amish, and Mennonites, yet a remarkable juxtaposition atop Mt Penn hanging over a cliff, overlooking the city of Reading is the massive 7 story Reading Pagoda landmark. It lights up the skyline and can be seen many miles away.

http://www.readingpagoda.com/history.html

Other claims to infamy...defunct Reading Railroad (Monopoly) and was once nicknamed the Pretzel City...wooohooo, and now one of the poorest cities, highest unemployment, and with it highest crime in the USA. Weeee ...

Taylor Swift hails from here and much of the Kate Gosslin (sp?) saga occurred here in all its ... infamy :roll: .

Mar 28th, '13, 15:14

by Devoted135 » Mar 28th, '13, 15:14

Born and raised in Chicago, and went to college in the middle of Illinois' cornfields. For the past 7 years my husband and I have lived in North Carolina, in the middle of college basketball country. (I'm now a UNC fan, it's still called pop, and I refuse to say "y'all")

Mar 28th, '13, 15:26

by victoria3 » Mar 28th, '13, 15:26

I'm in Southern California although I've lived all over the place; Born in Buenos Aires to Swiss American/Italian Argentine, then onto Cambridge, Palo Alto, Washington DC, high school in Rio de Janeiro, college in Providence RI, university NYC, then onto Barcelona, Rome, New Haven CT, Starkville Mississippi.....to Santa Monica,CA....it's a big world

Mar 28th, '13, 15:49

by amaranto » Mar 28th, '13, 15:49

Born and raised in Alabama and have lived in Mexico City for around five years now.

(PS I couldn't vote because my region is not specified in the poll. Some people think Mexico is part of Central America and classify it as such, which might be why. That wouldn't fly down here or in NAFTA :) It's really not that big a deal, though.)

Mar 28th, '13, 16:22

by Chip » Mar 28th, '13, 16:22

amaranto wrote:Born and raised in Alabama and have lived in Mexico City for around five years now.

(PS I couldn't vote because my region is not specified in the poll. Some people think Mexico is part of Central America and classify it as such, which might be why. That wouldn't fly down here or in NAFTA :) It's really not that big a deal, though.)
In an effort to be not too politically incorrect, I have added Mexico to the poll options. :wink:

Mar 28th, '13, 16:35

by amaranto » Mar 28th, '13, 16:35

Awww, that's nice of ya, Chip.

Mar 28th, '13, 16:40

by Evan Draper » Mar 28th, '13, 16:40

Better put Caribbean on there as well... :roll:

Mar 28th, '13, 17:11

by Evan Draper » Mar 28th, '13, 17:11

Lived in the Philadelphia metropolitan statistical area most of my life. The air was pungent and acrid where I grew up, most often on winter mornings, as southern Chester County is the mushroom capital of the world. I always marveled that the Mexican immigrants traveled so far to work in the mushroom houses. The first day of deer-hunting season was always a school holdiay. Bill Monroe and other big country and bluegrass names used to tour through Sunset Park, and our local Boy Scout troops would park cars. The local bigwigs were all horse enthusiasts, with the old English fox-hunting prints in their living rooms, and tee-times at Hartefeld. They rooted for local favorite Smarty Jones, and mourned Barbaro in his last days at the New Bolton Veterinary Center. The political landscape has steadily shifted leftward, as the farmland was converted to acres of McMansions. Longwood Gardens has always attracted busloads of Asian tourists, such that I found pictures of it on a Chinese website while looking for something else.

Mar 29th, '13, 01:43

by debunix » Mar 29th, '13, 01:43

From Northern California, and after a long midwestern exile now back in California, but in the wrong half of the state (LA). I live here but I am not of here.

A very unphotogenic teaDay today--a gorgeously flavored new-to-me Anxi Ben Shan oolong from Yunnan sourcing, but I cannot tell which version I have, since the packaging is a little ambigous--the spring? the fall? but the thermos, not so pretty.

Mar 30th, '13, 16:56

by Risdt » Mar 30th, '13, 16:56

Small town in Belgium, a bit NO of Brussels. Not much to see, not much to do except for nice walks through the forests. I always seem to think that European towns/cities are much more boring than in the USA - or atleast some parts of the usa. Trying to think of something spectacular or interesting fact about my region but... there is none! :lol: Perhaps one thing worth mentioning, is that a nearby city used to be the metropolis for 'jump style' music and designer drugs, hence the nickname 'marginal triangle' (marginal is used in this context in a way of describing people who only care about car tuning, drugs and drinking beer all day long while living of our healthcare system).

Mar 30th, '13, 17:31
Vendor Member

by ethan » Mar 30th, '13, 17:31

I hail from Phillipsburg, NJ which borders Easton, PA (not too far from Chip in Reading which he makes sound terrible, but at least he is closer to the Kutztown Fair featuring PA-Dutch food (Amish)). I enjoyed my hometown so little that I went to boarding school in Wilkes-Barre, PA for 2 years! However, I got out of P'burg at 16....
I live in Boston but spend a few months in Thailand each year. Very little $ goes in or out of my hands. I barter: silk brocade from Laos & Thailand; jade & crystal from Myanmar; cigars. I own almost nothing else.
I enjoy tea & hope to understand tea as much as I understood cigars (which I learned to age, etc. only to be unable to smoke anymore). Obviously, tea offers more w/o hurting health.
I am thankful for Teachat.

Mar 31st, '13, 00:30

by yalokinh » Mar 31st, '13, 00:30

Born and raised in sweden, now live in florida, really hating the heat and humidity (pretty bad for the tea). Hoping to move out of state soon.