Mar 12th, '13, 11:08

Re: Official what Black (Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by AdamMY » Mar 12th, '13, 11:08

Some Yixing red to start the day while waiting for the weather to get better. This tea tastes so simple, but so delicious.

Mar 15th, '13, 12:21

by chado.my.teaway » Mar 15th, '13, 12:21

I drink Panyong Golden Needle a'ka taste like fake Keemun;)
But its really, really good
Its from Fujian. Tea produced in April, taste sweet with smoky note.;)

http://eherbata.pl/produkt/opis/171

Mar 18th, '13, 22:34

by Snooteaperson » Mar 18th, '13, 22:34

Today was Adagio's birthday sample, flavored Ceylon, but yesterday was an interesting piece of work--Tropical Mango from Teajo.com, a flavored Assam. Here's the blow-by-blow: http://snooteablog.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... ngo-assam/

Mar 19th, '13, 12:44

by dshu » Mar 19th, '13, 12:44

I'm having some Bai Lin Gong Fu from Norbu right now. I haven't really explored reds and blacks very much, but this one is really good. The flavor is starting to remind me of hot chocolate

Mar 28th, '13, 20:59

by javi_sanchez » Mar 28th, '13, 20:59

Currently having some Taiwanese TTES #16. I asked my friend to get me some TTES #18 and she got this as well. It tastes similar to #16.
Attachments
DSC_0689.jpg
DSC_0689.jpg (31.2 KiB) Viewed 2732 times

Apr 9th, '13, 02:30

by Teaism » Apr 9th, '13, 02:30

A rare early 70s lychee black tea from my past collection. The dry leaves are perfectly tips and with clean and hint of aged smell. With careful baking and brewing, the tea is sweet with complex aroma of lychee. A rare treat and reminicence of an aged Sauterne. Yumm! :D
Attachments
photo 1.JPG
photo 1.JPG (17.32 KiB) Viewed 2648 times
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG (12.7 KiB) Viewed 2648 times

Apr 9th, '13, 15:14
Vendor Member

by ethan » Apr 9th, '13, 15:14

Back to Dian Hong from Yunnan Sourcing. Bought this 2011 tea a year ago in quantity & it still delivers two satisfying infusions every time.

Apr 12th, '13, 11:17

by AdamMY » Apr 12th, '13, 11:17

I'm trying to nurse myself back to health.... First up on that task is Keemun from Pheonix Tea Shop.

Apr 20th, '13, 05:17

by Teaism » Apr 20th, '13, 05:17

Really hot in my region now.
So Dian Hong with aged mandarin peel top up with a chunk of raw honey and a generous drip of lemon and heaps of ice. Super cool and delicious for a hot day! :D

Apr 24th, '13, 13:17

by sherubtse » Apr 24th, '13, 13:17

sherubtse wrote:Thank you for taking the time to reply to our concerns, Skyla. I am glad that you care enough about your company and its perception in the tea community to offer an explanation from your side.

I will say that I find the tone of your reply to be somewhat pretentious and patrionising. If some people have concerns with your company, it is best to respond to them as individuals and not as if you are writing a press release for the general public. Also, offer to make things right -- go above and beyond what is expected. (An apology for the confusion re the Jungpana is the least you should have done, in my opinion.) Companies that put excellent customer service first are the ones that get my business.

Re the Jungpana confusion, I would suggest that you instruct your sales associates to be more specific with their explanation to customers of the source and origin of your teas. That may well prevent any further confusion.

As to the price of your teas, that is a matter of opinion, really.

Best wishes,
sherubtse
Since no one from Sloane Tea responded to my post of March 5, I will take the liberty of providing a link which provides background on the company and founder:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the ... e11509392/

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Apr 24th, '13, 23:52

by javi_sanchez » Apr 24th, '13, 23:52

AdamMY wrote:I'm trying to nurse myself back to health.... First up on that task is Keemun from Pheonix Tea Shop.
Hopefully whatever it is that ails you, it is not serious!

Currently trying some Simao recommended by TeadOfff from Yunnan Sourcing. There is a "starchiness" to it I really like.

Apr 25th, '13, 08:34
Vendor Member

by ethan » Apr 25th, '13, 08:34

javi, I drink that Simao... from YS about twice a week so am curious what you mean by "starchiness".

Apr 25th, '13, 17:40

by Chris418 » Apr 25th, '13, 17:40

Right now a Sun Moon Lake T-18 a rare black tea from Taiwan
Surprising!

Apr 26th, '13, 06:08

by javi_sanchez » Apr 26th, '13, 06:08

ethan wrote:javi, I drink that Simao... from YS about twice a week so am curious what you mean by "starchiness".
I may be using the wrong word. Mouthfeel? There is a thickness that I can't really put my finger on. I will brew another batch tonight and try to pay more attention. I immediately thought of yams or sweet potatoes which is why I chose "starchiness".

Apr 27th, '13, 02:46

by Tead Off » Apr 27th, '13, 02:46

javi_sanchez wrote:
ethan wrote:javi, I drink that Simao... from YS about twice a week so am curious what you mean by "starchiness".
I may be using the wrong word. Mouthfeel? There is a thickness that I can't really put my finger on. I will brew another batch tonight and try to pay more attention. I immediately thought of yams or sweet potatoes which is why I chose "starchiness".
This is a particularly sweet tea. I can see the association with yams. It's amazing how a black tea can have so many variations of taste from being grown and processed in one place vs. another. Darjeelings, which I think may be my favorite black tea, has little to do with the black/red teas of China and Taiwan and the same with Japanese and Korean blacks vs Chinese. Amazing variety in this genre of tea. Black tea had a negative connotation in the USA for decades from 'health' conscious folks who claimed it had too much caffeine and 'bad' stuff. My, my, have things changed in the last 2 decades.

+ Post Reply