Official Shincha 2013 Ordering topic


Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Re: Official Shincha 2013 topic

Postby BrooklynBrew » Mar 29th, '13, 10:59

sherubtse wrote:
BrooklynBrew wrote:I preordered a couple things from O-Cha. I didn't know they'd charge me right away for a preorder. Oh well.

Now I need an 88th Night.


Yes, I believe that is their practice, viz. to charge your credit card right away and then delivery the goods later. (It is one reason why I don't pre-order from O-Cha.)

But perhaps Kevin will correct me if I am wrong on this.

Best wishes,
sherubtse


Oh, well, live and learn. But that's fine. It's not like I ordered TONS of tea (just two 100g packets). And they seem to sell good stuff.
User avatar
BrooklynBrew
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Jan 24th, '
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: Official Shincha 2013 topic

Postby sherubtse » Mar 29th, '13, 13:31

BrooklynBrew wrote:And they seem to sell good stuff.


Yes, they do. I especially like some of the lower priced teas, which I find to be of very good value.

Best wishes,
sherubtse
User avatar
sherubtse
 
Posts: 655
Joined: Jan 9th, '1
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Official Shincha 2013 topic

Postby Chip » Mar 29th, '13, 13:51

sherubtse wrote:
BrooklynBrew wrote:I preordered a couple things from O-Cha. I didn't know they'd charge me right away for a preorder. Oh well.

Now I need an 88th Night.


Yes, I believe that is their practice, viz. to charge your credit card right away and then delivery the goods later. (It is one reason why I don't pre-order from O-Cha.)

But perhaps Kevin will correct me if I am wrong on this.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

This also locks the price in at current exchange rates which are very favorable compared to the last several years. Will they become more or less favorable tomorrow ... til Shincha?

Who knows ...
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22131
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Official Shincha 2013 topic

Postby BrooklynBrew » Mar 29th, '13, 14:07

Chip wrote:
sherubtse wrote:
BrooklynBrew wrote:I preordered a couple things from O-Cha. I didn't know they'd charge me right away for a preorder. Oh well.

Now I need an 88th Night.


Yes, I believe that is their practice, viz. to charge your credit card right away and then delivery the goods later. (It is one reason why I don't pre-order from O-Cha.)

But perhaps Kevin will correct me if I am wrong on this.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

This also locks the price in at current exchange rates which are very favorable compared to the last several years. Will they become more or less favorable tomorrow ... til Shincha?

Who knows ...


This is true. JPN Yen is very close to NYC prices at the moment, IMO.
User avatar
BrooklynBrew
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Jan 24th, '
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: Official Shincha 2013 topic

Postby victoria3 » Mar 29th, '13, 15:41

Thanks for the Sincha updates. I went ahead and preordered from O-Cha; Yutaka Midori, Sae Midori, Kaoru & Chiran. Really looking forward to trying these - the only one I know I love is Yutaka Midori so this will be a treat.
User avatar
victoria3
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Nov 13th, '
Location: santa monica, california, usa

Re: Official Shincha 2013 topic

Postby BrooklynBrew » Mar 29th, '13, 16:02

victoria3 wrote:Thanks for the Sincha updates. I went ahead and preordered from O-Cha; Yutaka Midori, Sae Midori, Kaoru & Chiran. Really looking forward to trying these - the only one I know I love is Yutaka Midori so this will be a treat.


I ordred the Yukata Midori and the Sae Midori. I had no idea the Yukata Midori was such a classic!
User avatar
BrooklynBrew
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Jan 24th, '
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: Official Shincha 2013 topic

Postby Kevangogh » Mar 30th, '13, 02:19

Hi,

We've been selling pre-order shincha for about 14 years. We've always charged for pre-orders, this is the first time I've ever had anyone question it. Are we the only ones? I assume this is the norm, not sure. Our pre-order customers get first priority once the tea comes in, it's shipped the same day we get it. We also give a 10% discount (limited time only) to our newsletter and Facebook subscribers if they pre-order shincha. The reason we do this is so we know how many to order, and in return we give the discount. Can you imagine how difficult it would be to try and collect, process, obtain FDA Prior notice numbers, etc, etc, on hundreds of orders all at once? How many of those pre-orders would actually be good when it came time to charge them? We could never get them out to everyone the same day we get the tea. So yes, at least with us, if you wish to pre-order then you must pre-pay, but you at least have the ability to get a 10% discount on the tea by doing so. If this doesn't work for you, then you should probably hold out until the shincha is in, that is no problem.
User avatar
Kevangogh
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Jul 13th, '
Location: Japan

Re: Official Shincha 2013 topic

Postby victoria3 » Mar 30th, '13, 03:14

Kevangogh wrote:...We've been selling pre-order shincha for about 14 years. We've always charged for pre-orders, this is the first time I've ever had anyone question it. Are we the only ones? I assume this is the norm, not sure. Our pre-order customers get first priority once the tea comes in, it's shipped the same day we get it. We also give a 10% discount....

I'm totally jazzed by the concept of preorder and preorder upfront payment. As a buyer, it makes me feel like I'm a part of your selection process, that I can lock in a commitment to your company and support your ability to hand pick quality sinchas each year. The discount is a super nice perk. Thank you.
User avatar
victoria3
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Nov 13th, '
Location: santa monica, california, usa

Re: Official Shincha 2013 topic

Postby sherubtse » Mar 30th, '13, 06:50

Kevangogh wrote:Hi,

We've been selling pre-order shincha for about 14 years. We've always charged for pre-orders, this is the first time I've ever had anyone question it. Are we the only ones? I assume this is the norm, not sure. Our pre-order customers get first priority once the tea comes in, it's shipped the same day we get it. We also give a 10% discount (limited time only) to our newsletter and Facebook subscribers if they pre-order shincha. The reason we do this is so we know how many to order, and in return we give the discount. Can you imagine how difficult it would be to try and collect, process, obtain FDA Prior notice numbers, etc, etc, on hundreds of orders all at once? How many of those pre-orders would actually be good when it came time to charge them? We could never get them out to everyone the same day we get the tea. So yes, at least with us, if you wish to pre-order then you must pre-pay, but you at least have the ability to get a 10% discount on the tea by doing so. If this doesn't work for you, then you should probably hold out until the shincha is in, that is no problem.



I did not mean to question your business model, Kevin. After all, I order from you frequently and am looking forward to your annual clearance sale.(You are having a clearance sale, aren't you? :) )

But for me personally, one of the ordering guidelines I have in place (and there are several) is to refrain from ordering when there is a big gap between charging my credit card and shipping the goods. This applies to all tea companies (and all companies I general, come to think of it), and not just to O-Cha.

And yes, the 10% discount is very nice. Even though I won't use it, I'll say "Many Thanks"! :mrgreen:

Best wishes,
sherubtse
User avatar
sherubtse
 
Posts: 655
Joined: Jan 9th, '1
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Official Shincha 2013 topic

Postby edkrueger » Mar 30th, '13, 10:11

I'm not excited enough about shincha to bother with preorders, but I don't think that Kevin is doing anything wrong by charging early if he makes it clear. Also, customers might prefer earlier payment in order to get 10% off. (If you look at it as an interest payment, its a pretty good rate.) But, to answer his question, I am pretty he is the only vendor that charges before shipping.
User avatar
edkrueger
 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Jun 24th, '

Re: Official Shincha 2013 topic

Postby minor_glitch » Mar 30th, '13, 10:54

Outside of the world of tea I actually can't think of a company that doesn't make you pay for a preorder upfront. I preorder new albums from my favourite musicians all the time and paying upfront for the preorder is standard practice.
User avatar
minor_glitch
 
Posts: 137
Joined: May 19th, '
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Official Shincha 2013 topic

Postby Chip » Mar 30th, '13, 14:49

edkrueger wrote:I'm not excited enough about shincha to bother with preorders, but I don't think that Kevin is doing anything wrong by charging early if he makes it clear. Also, customers might prefer earlier payment in order to get 10% off. (If you look at it as an interest payment, its a pretty good rate.) But, to answer his question, I am pretty he is the only vendor that charges before shipping.

Yuuki-cha charged me for pre-orders when I attempted to order from them 2 years ago for Shincha.
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22131
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Official Shincha 2013 topic

Postby edkrueger » Mar 30th, '13, 15:08

I apologize for answering a question to the best of my memory. I do now recall that Yuukicha refunded my money on shincha preorders when they didn't order any tea because of the radiation scare. So must have had my money first.

I do recall quite a few sites saying things like that they wouldn't bill until they had the tea in.
User avatar
edkrueger
 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Jun 24th, '

Re: Official Shincha 2013 topic

Postby Suutej_Tsaj » Mar 31st, '13, 06:29

Must... refrain... from preordering... everything... :lol:
User avatar
Suutej_Tsaj
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Jan 7th, '1
Location: Italy, Europe

Re: Official Shincha 2013 topic

Postby Alex » Mar 31st, '13, 13:54

minor_glitch wrote:Outside of the world of tea I actually can't think of a company that doesn't make you pay for a preorder upfront. I preorder new albums from my favourite musicians all the time and paying upfront for the preorder is standard practice.



In the UK 99% of online shops only charge on dispatch. Doesnt bother me either way....just need to know upfront :D
User avatar
Alex
 
Posts: 1014
Joined: Oct 5th, '0
Location: UK

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation