Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Mar 31st, '13, 13:00

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by puerhking » Mar 31st, '13, 13:00

2012 Spring Wuliang "Gaoshan" oolong from Yunnan Sourcing

This is interesting. A Taiwanese tea master in Puerh country. When brewed...the leaves do not have that recognizable Taiwanese scent of Lishan, Alishan...etc. Of course they are from Wuliang shan so this makes sense. However, there are some Taiwanese characteristics in the brewed tea...illustrating how much the tea master shapes the flavors in the finished product. I like this one.

Mar 31st, '13, 15:25

by Risdt » Mar 31st, '13, 15:25

Sounds very interesting actually, to see how the typical terroir and cultivar of that region reacts on the Taiwanese production proces. I'll add it to my wish lists!

Right now I'm enjoying Teamasters Alishan from this winter, grown at 1600m. It's the version with a slightly higher degree of oxidation, making it smoother and fuller, just the way I like it.

Mar 31st, '13, 23:17

by debunix » Mar 31st, '13, 23:17

Traveling this weekend, carried a bit of the Ben Shan from Yunnan Sourcing with me, and it did an excellent job, brewed up in the small glass pot that I was smart enough to leave permanently at Mom's house, or brewed cool for the water bottle. Now enjoying some more brewed up in my Yi Yong Cheol kyusu, delicious. Unfortunately, I burnt my tongue on the first sip this evening, so will have to put off my first attempt at Gyo-tasting for a few days.

Apr 2nd, '13, 13:14
Vendor Member

by TIM » Apr 2nd, '13, 13:14

2012 Wuyi Yancha tasting: Bird's Tongue, Yellow Rose, 105 and 1997 Kit Kat ShuiXian bar.

Apr 2nd, '13, 20:34

by debunix » Apr 2nd, '13, 20:34

Looks delicious!

Apr 4th, '13, 15:13

by AdamMY » Apr 4th, '13, 15:13

Traditional Baozhong from Origin Tea.

Brewing it a bit lighter because I have a 5k in a few hours. But nice and light, very smooth and incredibly drinkable. Some nice flavors there, touch buttery, and floral, also think fresh raw vegetables ( carrots and celery mainly).

Apr 7th, '13, 12:25
Scrolling: scrolling

by Devoted135 » Apr 7th, '13, 12:25

Milk oolong from Mountain Tea. Spring has also finally graced us with its presence, so I'm out on my porch enjoying the beautiful weather and playing with my camera. :D

Untitled by Devoted135, on Flickr

Apr 7th, '13, 15:33
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Apr 7th, '13, 15:33

Some Monkey Pick TGY I brought to Austria with me; brought a small porcelain pot and a cup, and I'm using a tumbler as a cha hai. The hard water definitely makes my tea taste different; better, if anything. :)

Apr 7th, '13, 20:36

by futurebird » Apr 7th, '13, 20:36

god, I think I'm tea drunk... what is in this Bai Ji Guen? I feel all floaty and sleepy... and tingly too.

So sleepy. tea never did this?

What the heck?

How do all these oolong drinkers deal with this all the time?

Apr 7th, '13, 21:24

by debunix » Apr 7th, '13, 21:24

Devoted135 wrote:Milk oolong from Mountain Tea. Spring has also finally graced us with its presence, so I'm out on my porch enjoying the beautiful weather and playing with my camera. :D

Untitled by Devoted135, on Flickr
Even looks a bit milky in that cup....lovely!

Apr 8th, '13, 06:06

by GARCH » Apr 8th, '13, 06:06

2011 Teamasters Spring Shan Lin Xi Hung Shui Oolong. I do not know why but I'm quite underwhelmed by this tea :? it seems pretty much like a normal oolong to me.

Apr 10th, '13, 19:06

by tenuki » Apr 10th, '13, 19:06

futurebird wrote:god, I think I'm tea drunk... what is in this Bai Ji Guen? I feel all floaty and sleepy... and tingly too.

So sleepy. tea never did this?

What the heck?

How do all these oolong drinkers deal with this all the time?
It's part of the ride. :D Where did you get it? Is it aged? I find cliff tea generally very grounding, especially aged. It's cool how everyone reacts to a particular tea differently!

Apr 12th, '13, 09:55

by GARCH » Apr 12th, '13, 09:55

GARCH wrote:2011 Teamasters Spring Shan Lin Xi Hung Shui Oolong. I do not know why but I'm quite underwhelmed by this tea :? it seems pretty much like a normal oolong to me.
Trying this tea again, this time in a gaiwan and the tea leaves have rested (first try it was from the newly opened vacuum sealed bag). I can say it is now significantly better with nice fruity after tastes and sweetness :D

Apr 12th, '13, 11:56

by puerhking » Apr 12th, '13, 11:56

GARCH wrote: Trying this tea again, this time in a gaiwan and the tea leaves have rested (first try it was from the newly opened vacuum sealed bag). I can say it is now significantly better with nice fruity after tastes and sweetness :D
No doubt....tea just out of the sealed bag doesn't represent the flavor of the tea. I always open the package and let it get some oxygen for a few days before trying....lest tea be wasted. :shock:

2012 Spring DTH Elegant Beauty Dancong -

In a word...tasty.

Apr 12th, '13, 14:38

by AdamMY » Apr 12th, '13, 14:38

The last of my Phoenix Teashop Baozhong. (I didn't realize until I ent to post this, but I am apparently drinking only Phoenix teashop teas today). This one is served up grandpa style in my Celadon Teabol by Xu De Jia. While the inside has already nicely stained in the cracks, the outside is slowly getting there, this bowl will likely look very cool in 2-4 years.

+ Post Reply