Hello

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Apr 13th, '13, 01:57

Hello

by Darrell » Apr 13th, '13, 01:57

I came upon this forum by sheer luck. I'm not sure where to begin so here goes. I've been drinking hot tea off and on since I was a kid. But they have always been from the bag. So a few months ago while attending ALC (Army career advancement class if you will) I really started drinking allot more and I was using what was available which was tap water and a coffee pot. It wasn't half bad well at least my friend and I enjoyed it. It was rather calming. Any who after returning back to my family I decided to buy a tea kettle. However I was still using tea bags until last weekend when I was shopping for my sisters wedding with my wife and 4 daughters. The 3 older ones decided we should have a tea party which brought an idea to me "teavana" we went in and the fragrance of the store was invigorating. Needless to say we left with 5 grams of Moroccan Mint. And we have been enjoying it ever since. I think next time I should find something with no caffeine in it. The reason I joined is to gain knowledge on just about everything I need to know about tea. I had no idea there were so many"classifications" (not sure what to call it) ie black, oolong (can't pronounce) etc. I look forward to getting good advice from you tea veterans and I apologize for the dumb questions that I may ask. Thanks for reading. Hope I didn't waste too much of your time.

Apr 13th, '13, 02:05
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Hello

by Chip » Apr 13th, '13, 02:05

Welcome Darrell, glad you joined us here at TeaChat. There is a vast TeaWorld out there, hope we can help you along your TeaJourney.

I am looking forward to seeing you around the forum! :mrgreen:

Apr 13th, '13, 02:09

by Darrell » Apr 13th, '13, 02:09

Thank you Chip. I hope to be around for awhile. From the look of things there is allot of information on this forum. It's going to take some time to skim thru everything.

Apr 13th, '13, 02:47

by victoria3 » Apr 13th, '13, 02:47

Welcome Darrell,
The tea world is vast historically so really interesting, plus today you get to taste it's unique character, by region, all over the world. I love that. What tea are you exploring right now?

Apr 13th, '13, 09:54

by Darrell » Apr 13th, '13, 09:54

victoria3 wrote:Welcome Darrell,
The tea world is vast historically so really interesting, plus today you get to taste it's unique character, by region, all over the world. I love that. What tea are you exploring right now?

Thanks. Moroccan Mint Green Tea.

+ Post Reply