The alternative to green tea

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Apr 16th, '13, 03:00

The alternative to green tea

by Shadow » Apr 16th, '13, 03:00

Hi everyone, I thought I would let you know about a tea I have just tried called oliviva, olive leaf tea in a sachet and is caffine & tannin free. I purchased from a man on a market in Bath UK. I must say it is rather delicious with lime or lemon as the man suggested. I would like to know what other tea drinkers think about it?
He gave me a leaflet to go and look at the website very intersting in deed. I look forward to hearing from fellow tea drinkers...

Apr 17th, '13, 13:46
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: The alternative to green tea

by Chip » Apr 17th, '13, 13:46

Olive tea has been discussed previously on TeaChat. Here is one topic: http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... ve#p167753

I have never tried an olive tea. However, there are Russian Olive trees invading the USA. I wonder if they would be suitable alternative to purchased olive tea, likely not.

May 15th, '13, 13:45

Re: The alternative to green tea

by Suutej_Tsaj » May 15th, '13, 13:45

Chip wrote:Olive tea has been discussed previously on TeaChat. Here is one topic: http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... ve#p167753

I have never tried an olive tea. However, there are Russian Olive trees invading the USA. I wonder if they would be suitable alternative to purchased olive tea, likely not.
Definitely not, since Russian Olive trees are... well, not real olive trees. Their fruits are tasty, though, and they make for nice bonsais. :mrgreen:
Anyway, I have just discovered that olive leaf teas were quite common here in the past (of course they were; we have a symbiotic relationship with olive trees). Might as well be able to find them somewhere.

+ Post Reply