Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby Risdt » Apr 13th, '13, 07:26

Drinking a hung shui from Dong Ding. It has a medium roast which is now settling in nicely, it's from Spring 2012. The flavors are there but the body is lacking, it feels a bit flat.
Risdt

Postby rhondabee » Apr 13th, '13, 18:24

I have been drinking Life In A Teacup's 2012 Spring Lishan oolong. The tea is a really good value for a Lishan and I'm most impressed with the extremely sweet and strong aftertaste.
rhondabee

Postby AdamMY » Apr 15th, '13, 20:39

I'm doing all kinds of wrong but it feels so right. Taiwanese Baozhong from Origin tea, brewed up in a Korean Seong Il Teapot, served into a Japanese Mashiko yunomi.
AdamMY

Postby Hannah » Apr 15th, '13, 21:32

AdamMY wrote:I'm doing all kinds of wrong but it feels so right. Taiwanese Baozhong from Origin tea, brewed up in a Korean Seong Il Teapot, served into a Japanese Mashiko yunomi.

I'm guilty of Taiwanese tea in a Japanese pot into a Chinese cup lol! It's nice to mix the cultures :) my Japanese cups often make their way into my gongfu sessions anyway :lol:
Hannah

Postby brunogm » Apr 16th, '13, 14:50

I have been drinking a tea called Ling Tou Dan Cong from Mount Shuang Ji Niang (First Spring 2011 harvest), and it is one of my 5 favorite teas ever.

This is one Dan Cong which is not from Feng Huang.
brunogm

Postby tenuki » Apr 16th, '13, 16:06

I doubt the tea has any sense of national pride. It belongs to the earth and to you.
tenuki

Postby jayinhk » Apr 17th, '13, 09:07

I had some Biluochun at Starbucks in Taipei earlier. Not exceptional, but pleasant drinking and it perked me up better than coffee would have!

EDIT: Hmm, it appears BLC is a green tea. The flavor seemed very much like a green oolong to me.
Last edited by jayinhk on Apr 17th, '13, 17:41, edited 1 time in total.
jayinhk

Postby tenuki » Apr 17th, '13, 11:56

Some Wu Yi Dan tChong from Dragon House Tea. Very mid gradish, but still pleasant to drink. To be honest a nice change of pace from all the fancy pants high end DCs I've been drinking lately ( two sampler sets from Imen + a couple from a local teamaster ).
tenuki

Postby tenuki » Apr 17th, '13, 17:44

FLT 2012 winter Shan Lin Xi grandpa style.
tenuki

Postby AdamMY » Apr 17th, '13, 18:54

Thunder storm and Lao Cong Shui Xian from the Bad Jedi oolong tasting. I think I made a mistake having this so close to dinner. Smell is really nice, but the taste I think is thrown off from the baked beans I had with dinner :cry: .
AdamMY

Postby saxon75 » Apr 17th, '13, 23:33

Muadeeb wrote:2004 Aged Oolong from Mad Monk Tea, tastes just like hot chocolate to me.

I'm trying this one now and I don't know about chocolate but there's a definite creaminess to it combined with a mild sweetness. It's very pleasant. A bit of a surprise, too, because the wet leaf is extremely smoky.
saxon75

Postby tenuki » Apr 18th, '13, 11:53

Some Rou Gui.

tenuki

Postby Muadeeb » Apr 18th, '13, 13:31

saxon75 wrote:
Muadeeb wrote:2004 Aged Oolong from Mad Monk Tea, tastes just like hot chocolate to me.

I'm trying this one now and I don't know about chocolate but there's a definite creaminess to it combined with a mild sweetness. It's very pleasant. A bit of a surprise, too, because the wet leaf is extremely smoky.

It took a little while to grow on me, but this is now one of my favorite teas as long as I only drink it once or twice a week. Since the leaves don't expand much, you can really pack it into a little pot and experience some blissful Cha Qi moments.
Muadeeb

Postby saxon75 » Apr 18th, '13, 13:38

Yeah, I think it's a bit too rich and dessert-y to be an everyday cup for me--after two cups last night I felt like I'd eaten a huge slice of cake. But it's quite nice.
saxon75

Postby saxon75 » Apr 18th, '13, 16:10

Enjoying the third infusion of Mad Monk's Charcoal-Roasted Dong Ding. I've been learning that roasted oolongs require a bit of care to avoid oversteeping, otherwise all I can taste is the roast. My first time through with this one was kind of unpleasant and sour, not at all like the sweet, buttery, nutty flavor I love in the greener Dong Dings I've tried. But cutting the steep by about a third let that nice Dong Ding flavor through, but layered nicely with the roasty, smoky flavor.
saxon75

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions